extremely slow download speed on update of particular game

Discus and support extremely slow download speed on update of particular game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; For the last year I've had fibre broadband averaging 30mb/s and I've had no problems with downloading on my Xbox One. I resumed a Fortnite update at... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DuragDan05, Aug 31, 2020.

1. DuragDan05
    DuragDan05 Guest

For the last year I've had fibre broadband averaging 30mb/s and I've had no problems with downloading on my Xbox One. I resumed a Fortnite update at 32% today that I started the other day, and now I've resumed it, the speed comfortably sits below 1mb/s and
    it's lucky when it gets to 3. I also have a Warzone update which I resumed to see if it makes a difference, and the update downloads at usual 30mb/s speeds. So the slow speeds are centralised on the Fortnite update, any suggestions on how to fix this?

:)

DuragDan05, Aug 31, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. luissolid Win User

Downloading speed extremely slow

Right now Microsoft has limit the bandwidth to avoid any type of "Staturation" on the service!

Now you can do a Speed Test on Settings and Network, just to verify the network.

Regards!
  3. Aerals Win User

try restarting your xbox one console or router/modem you have. Or, even contact your internet provider and have them reset it manually. sometimes calling the company provider you have helps when they reset, i’ve done it before.
  4. wolfheart517 Win User

Xbox had announced that they encouraged downloads due to the traffic that exists due to the situation
  5. NICZZO20 Win User

hey, this issue could be one of a few things but to start are you using wireless or a wired connection.

This will affect how fast your Xbox downloads games and updates. If you're using wireless try to use a 5ghz Wi-Fi rather than 2.4ghz if your router/accesses point allows it, however, if possible try using a wired connection as it will be most stable and
    much faster than wireless.

If you do go a wired route then the ethernet cable that you will want to acquire is a CAT-5E or CAT-6 ethernet cable. I

f you can't go the wired route then make sure that when you are downloading something on your Xbox try to keep your Xbox close to the wireless accesses point if possible and make sure that your network settings in your Xbox are not limiting the speeds of
    the download.

Also having the Xbox in rest mode while downloading updates dose help the speed in my experience but this may vary.

best of luck

6. DR SHAGGY PHROE Win User

I've tried everything to troubleshoot but nothing is working
Thema:

1. extremely slow download speed on update of particular game - Similar Threads - extremely slow download

2. extremely slow downloads and a lost of installation stopped on xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    extremely slow downloads and a lost of installation stopped on xbox one: this xbox has been starting to get really really bad at you know downloading stuff even with 5G wifi which is the best wifi there is (I think)... anyways it has not been downloading things at a...
  3. Gamepass Windows Extremely Slow Download Speeds

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamepass Windows Extremely Slow Download Speeds: Why are Gamepass download speeds so slow? On the same computer, the same network, using ethernet I can reach beyond 15 MB/s on competitors like Steam, yet Xbox App can barely get to 5 MB/s on a...
  4. Extremely Slow Download Speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Extremely Slow Download Speeds: Hello All! I need some help. I am currently trying to update a game, but the download speed is super slow. (20 KBPS!!!) And is meant to be 60mbps. So I done a speedcheck. Wifi is fine at 50-60...
  5. Extremely Slow Game Download Speeds on a Very Fast Network

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Extremely Slow Game Download Speeds on a Very Fast Network: Hi all, For the last couple of months I've been experiencing EXTREMELY slow download speeds. A picture of my Xbox download speed, and my game download speeds is enclosed. I've tried everything...
  6. Extremely slow downloads of games and updates on 1Gbps fiber. Network Test shows fast...

in XboX Insiders
    Extremely slow downloads of games and updates on 1Gbps fiber. Network Test shows fast...: So what's up with download speeds on Microsoft CDN? Update for Modern Warfare downloads at 1.5-3.5Mbps for me despite being on 1Gbps fiber. Network test through Xbox itself also reports speeds...
  7. Updates are downloading extremely slow.

in XboX Insiders
    Updates are downloading extremely slow.: For some reason my updates for games are downloading extremely slow, like 1mbs slow it’s gotten to the point where I’m just starting to redownload games because then it downloads at a solid...
  8. Xbox One X game download is extremely slow.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X game download is extremely slow.: My Xbox refuses to download content at a reasonable speed from the store. I am on a wired connection. When I test the network speed from my Xbox it shows I am getting 145 Mbps download. Then when...
  9. Downloading speed extremely slow

in XBoX on Consoles
    Downloading speed extremely slow: I'm having problems with my xbox downloading speeds. I have 500mbps but when I download and update that's 12gb its telling me 4 hours and speed of maybe 20mbps. I've been waiting for an update to...
  10. Extremely slow game update? And game downloads???

in XboX Insiders
    Extremely slow game update? And game downloads???: This hasn’t ever happened I update my games pretty quick 1-3 gig. I have 500 mbps and it’s been a good 30 minutes and I’m 30% done with a 3gb update... any idea what the cause is? submitted by...