F1 TV not working on Edge Browser, no help or support from Microsoft

Discus and support F1 TV not working on Edge Browser, no help or support from Microsoft in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Numerous people have complained about this issue where we are unable to stream F1 through the Edge browser. In the previous thread:... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Elonmust12345, May 22, 2022.

1. F1 TV not working on Edge Browser, no help or support from Microsoft

Numerous people have complained about this issue where we are unable to stream F1 through the Edge browser.

In the previous thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/f1tv-not-playing-live-video/90cded83-a325-41d0-8a3f-dbbae3c49784?page=4&messageId=b418a789-f61b-44f7-a992-23727bf953e1

We were then tasked by Microsoft to do the following:

We believe that anyone who raised their concerns in Xbox Forums should be heard. Thus, we encourage you to install the Xbox Report a Problem app from Microsoft Store in Xbox Console and send out the details and screenshot/clip with the issue you were experiencing.

I have done this twice now, but there is no response or communication from Microsoft. When reporting a bug and there is no reference number or any follow up, so this is kinda pointless.

This is issue is still relevant and impacting multiple users.

It would be nice to know if the issue is F1 or the Edge Browser.

:)

Elonmust12345, May 22, 2022
  2. ngocphi Win User

You gotta remember the console browser isn't meant for streaming unless it's a html5 website

Relying on ancient flash websites is never a good idea

It's no longer supported by Adobe
  3. Elonmust12345 Win User

I have reached out to F1, Xbox is no longer supported.

Please see supported devices below:

https://support.f1.tv/s/article/2022What-devices-do-you-support?language=en_US

This thread can be closed.
  4. Michail Tzoumanekas Win User

F1TV not playing live video

You can communicate with them through live support, which I already did and the answer was that they don't officially support Xbox, but only specific platforms. This problem doesn't concern F1 tv but Microsoft. F1 tv has added Widevine DRM to secure their content. Microsoft apparently added this feature to Windows's Edge browser but not yet to Xbox's Edge browser and we don't know if they will. They have to give us an update about this matter.
  5. MartinSoto Cazar Win User

F1TV not playing live video

This is what F1 TV said on xbox users (Edge)

For the Xbox Edge browser, there is no option to enable Widevine. The browser there only supports PlayReady DRM. F1TV could make it compatible, but they have not indicated that consoles will be supported.

‐-------

So it looks that is a thing that the people working on Edge hope let us enable that option and I hope that happen soon.
  6. ngocphi Win User

How to watch F1 on an X Box SS?

You don't

F1 does NOT support consoles

F1 specially states they DO NOT support consoles

Nor are console browsers desktop browsers they are sandboxed versions
Thema:

1. F1 TV not working on Edge Browser, no help or support from Microsoft - Similar Threads - working Edge Browser

2. Xbox Gamebar not recording audio from web (works with any other app except chrome and edge)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Gamebar not recording audio from web (works with any other app except chrome and edge): Hi all, i am unable to record any audio if using chrome or edge, it records audio from zoom or any other app except these ones. I ticked the box remember this is a game but still not working....
  3. Xcloud on Edge Browser (Xbox) not working.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xcloud on Edge Browser (Xbox) not working.: It's been a while now, when i press the 'play' button, the screen flashes as if a prompt was supposed to show (The 'your browser is not supported' prompt) but nothing happens, the button does...
  4. Discovery Plus not working on Xbox Microsoft Edge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Discovery Plus not working on Xbox Microsoft Edge: Hello. Has anyone tried watching discover plus on their Xbox Series X Microsoft Edge browser? I can't play my account and it says Video Playback Unavailable. Would appreciate if anyone here can...
  5. Microsoft edge sleeping tabs option won't work

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft edge sleeping tabs option won't work: Microsoft edge xbox series x version's sleeping tab option only works one way. I closed it off but tabs still go to sleeps after 7-8 seconds. I have to add each site manually to never go to sleep...
  6. Does Clarity Boost work on the iOS Edge test app?

in XboX Insiders
    Does Clarity Boost work on the iOS Edge test app?: I also noticed my controller isn’t working on Canary Edge for iOS. Is either on there? submitted by /u/Neggy5 [link] [comments]
  7. Not apart of insiders anymore but Mocrosoft edge hasn't been working at all for the past 2...

in XboX Insiders
    Not apart of insiders anymore but Mocrosoft edge hasn't been working at all for the past 2...: I left insiders to avoid all of the bugs that kept coming with it and now I've ran into this issue. For some reason as of about 2 weeks ago my Microsoft edge has alot of red squares on the...
  8. Microsoft Edge working in background

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Edge working in background: Am I the only one thinking that prevent the new Edge to work in background was a major disappointment and waste of opportunity? I really hope Microsoft is working on it. Does anyone know if any...
  9. The new Edge browser is sick, works great for XCG!

in XboX Insiders
    The new Edge browser is sick, works great for XCG!: Finally got the updated Edge browser on the Beta ring a couple of days ago, it's so much more responsive than the last version, which was my chief complaint. But the real reason I'm digging it, is...
  10. Microsoft XBox OneS edge browser video streaming not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft XBox OneS edge browser video streaming not working: Hello Microsoft XBox OneS edge browser video streaming not working. Response is website is not responding in left and a recover webpage button in right, It use work initial days. It is not...