Factory reset doesn’t work

Discus and support Factory reset doesn’t work in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Lately I’ve been having a lot of issues with my Xbox One S. Every couple of weeks I need to reset the console and every time an update is released I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PamelaLawhead, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Factory reset doesn’t work

Lately I’ve been having a lot of issues with my Xbox One S. Every couple of weeks I need to reset the console and every time an update is released I have to do a factory reset. This time, however, I got the usual E100 error, but the factory reset no longer
    works. The console gets halfway through, then goes back to the E100 error. I did end up trying the offline update, but when the console tried installing the new update, it went back to the E100 error. Is this a problem with the update or is my console
    [Mod removed- inappropriate] ?

:)

PamelaLawhead, Oct 12, 2019
  2. PamelaLawhead Win User

I found out what the actual issue is. The problem is with the blu ray drive. Looks like the update corrupted the firmware so the drive no longer works.
  3. FabryZio3 Win User

Yeah I will say the same... contact them again as soon as possible!

They have to repair again...
  4. PamelaLawhead Win User

I’ve already had the console serviced and it came back with the same issues I sent it in to have repaired. I’m a little hesitant to send it back in as I will be charged another repair fee.
  5. Robby Sayles Win User

You may need to turn this in for service?
  6. PamelaLawhead Win User

I checked some of the nearest third party repair shops and for how much it would cost to fix it, it would be cheaper to buy a new one and use this one for spare parts.
Thema:

1. Factory reset doesn’t work - Similar Threads - Factory reset doesn’t

2. Xbox update error during factory reset after network connection issues. Error code...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox update error during factory reset after network connection issues. Error code...: I've run into a problem with my Xbox and I don't know how to solve it. I was having an issue where the Xbox connecting to the network but when I tried to access any content that requires network...
  3. Cannot do a factory reset on my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot do a factory reset on my xbox: Xbox One X won't factory reset For the last 2 days myXmy One X has been acting weirdly saying "Something went wrong". it gives me an issue where when I start it up it gives me an issue loading...
  4. Heard people are getting factory reset over the new update?

in XboX Insiders
    Heard people are getting factory reset over the new update?: I haven’t turned my xbox on yet, but what does this update ACTUALLY do? and How can I prevent it? submitted by /u/iiwatermelonboy [link] [comments]
  5. Rescue factory reset on X Box 1S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rescue factory reset on X Box 1S: My son has an X Box 1S and his beloved Minecraft displayed the message 'failed to sink user data' and wouldn't do anything else. He tried a power cycle, which did not work so he did a factory...
  6. Xbox one s factory reset loop, hoping to find someone who had fixed there Xbox before

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s factory reset loop, hoping to find someone who had fixed there Xbox before: My xbox takes about 5 minutes before it stops saying no signal on the tv, then its a black screen for another 5 then it tells me to factory reset with/without games and when i click reset it...
  7. Factory Reset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Factory Reset: If i factory reset my Xbox and select to remove everything do i keep my digital games on ready to install, if not is there anyway to get them back? :) 6d5da963-6725-4820-a72a-70e031ff7740
  8. Resetting a Xbox One to factory Default

in XBoX on Consoles
    Resetting a Xbox One to factory Default: Question: If I completely RESET my Xbox one console to factory default will I lose like in game progress and cloud saved data OVERALL or just for that Xbox one console itself until I put a account...
  9. Xbox One S keeps stopping at 66% during a factory reset, offline USB, and Hard Reset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S keeps stopping at 66% during a factory reset, offline USB, and Hard Reset.: Oh boy I may have a tough one for ya. My Xbox one console had an issue installing the last software update, and keeps getting stuck at 66%. I cannot hard reset or factory reset because it gets...
  10. Error code factory reset doesn’t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code factory reset doesn’t work: I keep getting the error code 0x8007045D by whenever I go on the Xbox website it gives me details on how to fix this issue on the Xbox 360 but I am having this issue on my Xbox one X. I can’t even...