Factory reset doesn’t work

Discus and support Factory reset doesn’t work in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Lately I’ve been having a lot of issues with my Xbox One S. Every couple of weeks I need to reset the console and every time an update is released I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PamelaLawhead, Oct 12, 2019 at 12:13 PM.

1. Factory reset doesn’t work

Lately I’ve been having a lot of issues with my Xbox One S. Every couple of weeks I need to reset the console and every time an update is released I have to do a factory reset. This time, however, I got the usual E100 error, but the factory reset no longer
    works. The console gets halfway through, then goes back to the E100 error. I did end up trying the offline update, but when the console tried installing the new update, it went back to the E100 error. Is this a problem with the update or is my console
    [Mod removed- inappropriate] ?

:)

PamelaLawhead, Oct 12, 2019 at 12:13 PM
  2. FabryZio3 Win User

Yeah I will say the same... contact them again as soon as possible!

They have to repair again...
  3. PamelaLawhead Win User

I’ve already had the console serviced and it came back with the same issues I sent it in to have repaired. I’m a little hesitant to send it back in as I will be charged another repair fee.
  4. Koods Win User

I'd certainly use the support section of the site & explain to them that you have previously had it repaired recently and that the issues still persist.
  5. PamelaLawhead Win User

I tried all of those and it still goes back to the E100 error. Even the offline update failed.
  6. PamelaLawhead Win User

So basically what is happening is when I try to reset to factory settings, even with the offline update, the console gets most of the way through, but when it gets to the latest update, it gives me the E100 error. I had the console serviced when I started
    having these issues, but nothing was really resolved, so I’m hesitant about sending it back for another repair.
Thema:

1. Factory reset doesn’t work - Similar Threads - Factory reset doesn’t

2. Factory reset Error Code 0x8B0500B6

in XBoX on Consoles
    Factory reset Error Code 0x8B0500B6: how do I fix error code 0x8B0500B6 when I'm starting up my Xbox from a factory reset. 51499182-0c87-43e3-9c8d-9fc444db5e13
  3. Error with Factory reset unable to proceed with update

in XboX Insiders
    Error with Factory reset unable to proceed with update: So I attempted a factory reset after a failed 1911.191007-1945 install So now after doing the factory reset when its trying to do the update during the first run of the installer I get the...
  4. Factory Reset stuck at 50%, Offline Update stuck at 86%

in XBoX on Consoles
    Factory Reset stuck at 50%, Offline Update stuck at 86%: I have an original Xbox One purchased in 2015. Yesterday on startup it was stuck on the Green Screen of Death. I researched online and found the Factory Reset option. Everything was going well...
  5. Games & apps not working after factory reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games & apps not working after factory reset: Last night we were forced to do a factory reset on our Xbox One S due to the screen staying green & then going to black & staying that way. We did the reset where you keep your games & apps. Got...
  6. machine not working after full factory reset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    machine not working after full factory reset: Recently got message that game saving was as issue. Did the 'clear local' games bs, but machine is freezing, it goes to black screen, controllers become unresponsive, and no issue resolved. After...
  7. Xbox won't turn on after attempting factory reset

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox won't turn on after attempting factory reset: Power brick died a couple days ago, i ordered a new brick on Amazon and plugged it in when i got home. When i tried powering up the xbox one (original) i got a code e200 0000004c 00000000. I...
  8. Xbox One S unable to Factory Reset or Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S unable to Factory Reset or Update: I have an Xbox One S that I purchased new a few years ago. Living in Florida, a lightning storm knocked the power out while it was performing an update. Since that time, the Xbox would only go to...
  9. Adding an account after factory reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Adding an account after factory reset: My son did a factory reset on his Xbox One because he was having issues with games freezing up and communication issues. Now he can't add his account back in. He has done all of the different...
  10. Error code factory reset doesn’t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code factory reset doesn’t work: I keep getting the error code 0x8007045D by whenever I go on the Xbox website it gives me details on how to fix this issue on the Xbox 360 but I am having this issue on my Xbox one X. I can’t even...