Factory reset my xbox 360 without losing all progress.

Discus and support Factory reset my xbox 360 without losing all progress. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, Basically I want to sell my xbox 360 but I read that I have to delete everything off my xbox 360 which is fair enough but, i am concern that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Coolz TRandom, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Factory reset my xbox 360 without losing all progress.

Hello,

Basically I want to sell my xbox 360 but I read that I have to delete everything off my xbox 360 which is fair enough but, i am concern that will doing so also causes to delete all of my progress off my xbox live account. I have a xbox one as well and shows
    all of my progress i made on the 360 through my xbox one but after i factory reset my 360,

will i lose all progress: achievements, saved games and additional content?

if so, will i be able to regain the additional content along with having to start a new game?

If anyone has both xbox 360 and xbox one before and factory reset their xbox 360, please come and help me with this concern i have.

thank you.

:)

Coolz TRandom, Oct 28, 2018
  2. bloosuga
    bloosuga Guest
    My first XBOX console

Factory resetting is up to you, but if there are any digital games from the previous owner on there you'll lose them if you factory reset. From what I could tell it looks like Xbox Live is supported in Cyprus so you should be good and you can use pre-paid cards all you want but I do believe they require an address at least.

bloosuga, Oct 28, 2018
  3. Console freezing.

Extra information:

No, I have not seen any red rings.

Someone recommended that I reset the console to factory defaults. Is there any way to do that without losing all my saved data?

Walter O Grimm, Oct 28, 2018
  4. XBF George L
    XBF George L Guest

Hello Coolz!

Okay so as long as you have your game progression saved onto your Xbox 360 Cloud Saved storage it will still be available even if you reformat the hard drive of the Xbox 360 to clear it out. Everything saved to the Cloud gets sent to Microsoft servers and
    will come back when your game says "Syncing Data from servers"

Hope this help!

XBF George L, Oct 28, 2018
  5. MiickO9
    MiickO9 Guest
    Hello,

Your achievements and any add-on content that you have will all be saved on your Xbox Account.

Your saved game progress and data is stored on the Console's HDD; so if you wanted to save that you would need to first move it to the Cloud on Xbox or an External device (HDD or Flash Drive).

You also may need to verify that you are still able to play the Xbox 360 games on Xbox One as some games are not backward compatible yet

My account : Gamertag and profile

MiickO9, Oct 28, 2018
  6. Thank you for responding,

will moving all saved data onto the cloud can keep everything saved and can still be seen on my xbox live profile on my xbox one? In other words all my saved progress from the 360 will not be deleted from my xbox live profile after moving the data to the
    cloud and can be able to continue playing the 360 games on my xbox one with the backwards compatibility?

thank you again.

Coolz TRandom, Oct 28, 2018
  7. thank you for responding

so i basically need to move everything to the cloud and nothing will be deleted other than access to the progress on the 360 after i factory resetting (meaning i would have to set up again).

thank you again

Coolz TRandom, Nov 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Factory reset my xbox 360 without losing all progress. - Similar Threads - Factory reset 360

2. Factory Resetting XBOX 360 E

in XBoX on Consoles
    Factory Resetting XBOX 360 E: I bought a used XBOX 360 E from a pawn shop. There is a four digit code and a secret question that I don't know the answer to. When I try to speak to someone at XBOX's 800 number I cannot get...
  3. XBox 360, no connection to Live, cannot update, cannot factory reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360, no connection to Live, cannot update, cannot factory reset: I have an XBox 360 with a current Live account. It will not connect to our internet and keeps prompting an Update that cannot download. We have tried to factory reset and it does nothing. We...
  4. Xbox 360 Factory Reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Factory Reset: I would like to reset my consoles to factory settings and I can not because I do not know the key combination on the pad to reset the console please help because my console is jammed and freezes...
  5. How to reset X box 360 to factory settings 2.0.17511.0

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to reset X box 360 to factory settings 2.0.17511.0: dashboard version 2.0.17511.0 from the system information; Which combination is reset? 8b2a809c-779e-47bf-b3ad-005c1566db98
  6. Is there a way to factory reset my xbox 360 when a update error code pops up ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to factory reset my xbox 360 when a update error code pops up ?: Is there a way to factory reset my xbox 360 when a update error code pops up ? e604fd15-cd13-4497-b5a3-e976841928a2
  7. Xbox 360 factory reset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 factory reset?: Need help , dk family settings pw and cant get ahold of support :( does anybody know support number ? Or reset code for dashboard 17489? f632b4a3-cc43-49fc-86cf-7c6665a2f561
  8. How to completely wipe and factory reset the Xbox 360 slim?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to completely wipe and factory reset the Xbox 360 slim?: I want to completely reset my 360 Slim back to when i first pulled it out of the box, walkthroughs and all. How can i do this? I have my gamesaves in the cloud storage. I am concerned about...
  9. How do I factory-reset a Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I factory-reset a Xbox 360?: I just got a Xbox 360 (newer Jasper model) earlier today, and I want to factory-reset it, as if it just came from a store (so when I turn it on, it would start with the initial setup (I'd imagine...
  10. X box 360 S won't take update. Won't reset to factory and won't connect to live ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box 360 S won't take update. Won't reset to factory and won't connect to live ...: I have tried doing all the ways to get the update. I have tried taking out hd and putting back in I have tried to use cd and usb to install. I have tried all the xbox controller codes to...