Factory Reset stuck at 50%, Offline Update stuck at 86%

Discus and support Factory Reset stuck at 50%, Offline Update stuck at 86% in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an original Xbox One purchased in 2015. Yesterday on startup it was stuck on the Green Screen of Death. I researched online and found the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KevinCorbett3, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Factory Reset stuck at 50%, Offline Update stuck at 86%

I have an original Xbox One purchased in 2015. Yesterday on startup it was stuck on the Green Screen of Death. I researched online and found the Factory Reset option. Everything was going well until 50%, it stayed there for over 4 hours. Again I researched
    and found that I should reset the console and try again. Same outcome. I then proceeded to go to the store to purchase a flash drive large enough to try the Offline Update method. Again, everything was going well until I got to the third stage of Applying
    Update. Applying update gets to 66% and a total of 86% complete and freezes. I have tried to reset the console and try again but it always gets stuck at this point. It will no longer let me even attempt the Factory reset as it automatically goes back to the
    offline update no matter what option I choose.

I would love it if someone can assist me further.

:)

KevinCorbett3, Oct 7, 2019
  2. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi KevinCorbett3,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums for this issue with your original Xbox One not completing the latest system update you received. So far, you've taken the correct steps in regard to troubleshooting the issue, but you don't seem to be getting the
    desired results.

Do you happen to have your console enrolled in the Preview Program to receive beta builds for the Xbox One? If so, then traditional troubleshooting will not work and if this is the case, I recommend that you

report this issue via the Insiders Hub app on a PC
    , as well as to the
    Xbox Insiders subreddit page
    so that they may further help you troubleshoot the matter.

Should your console not be part of the Preview Program, then this may indicate that your console would need a repair; however, Microsoft no longer offers repairs on the original Xbox One consoles sadly, so the console may need to be replaced.

I hope that this information helps out.
  3. greg_window10_instal Win User

factory reset stuck on 50%

Hello,i already done evrything , but still not work....
    Andy the Marmos,

If you were able to perform the
    OUS1
    steps as outline in Scrtch's YouTube video and you still can't get your Xbox running again. Then, I regret to say that you will probably need to send the Xbox in for "Device repair"
    . For more information see, "Getting your Xbox console or Kinect sensor serviced" .

support.microsoft.com/en-us/devices

support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/warranty-and-service/getting-your-product-serviced

SA
  4. Andy the Marmos Win User

Hello ,

First, lets start with the "error" that you are getting. If you go to the webpage “I need help with system updates on my Xbox One” you will have the option
    to click on "I NEED TO TROUBLESHOOT A SYSTEM UPDATE ERROR". Follow the step-by-step guide on how best to resolve the issue based on the "...ERROR MESSAGE OR AN ERROR CODE" that is being displayed on your Xbox. Or, you have the option of doing an Offline System
    Update, aka
    OSU1
    . Just click on "I NEED TO UPDATE MY CONSOLE OFFLINE" at the same webpage and follow that step-by-step guide to do a complete system update. Also, Xbox Ambassador Scrtch has a very good YouTube video on how to do an OUS1 at Scratch Plays. Just search
    for "Fix Xbox Stuck on Green Loading Screen".

support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/system-updates-solution

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfH2M9GRzm8

Good luck and good gaming,

SA
    Hello,i already done evrything , but still not work....
  5. greg_window10_instal Win User

Hello Andy the Marmos,

First, lets start with the "error" that you are getting. If you go to the webpage “I need help with system updates on my Xbox One” you will have the option
    to click on "I NEED TO TROUBLESHOOT A SYSTEM UPDATE ERROR". Follow the step-by-step guide on how best to resolve the issue based on the "...ERROR MESSAGE OR AN ERROR CODE" that is being displayed on your Xbox. Or, you have the option of doing an Offline System
    Update, aka
    OSU1
    . Just click on "I NEED TO UPDATE MY CONSOLE OFFLINE" at the same webpage and follow that step-by-step guide to do a complete system update. Also, Xbox Ambassador Scrtch has a very good YouTube video on how to do an OUS1 at Scratch Plays. Just search
    for "Fix Xbox Stuck on Green Loading Screen".

support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/system-updates-solution

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfH2M9GRzm8

Good luck and good gaming,

SA
  6. aldiggitty Win User

Xbox One froze whilst updating today

This is ridiculous. My XBOX One was stuck on 66% while applying the online update for hours. I decided to shut it off and cross my fingers. No luck. I got stuck on the loading screen. I have now tried a offline USB update and it is again stuck at 66%. Having
    to do a factory reset is not a solution Microsoft. Please don't ignore this issue Microsoft.
Thema:

1. Factory Reset stuck at 50%, Offline Update stuck at 86% - Similar Threads - Factory Reset stuck

2. my xbox is stuck at 50% after factory resetting

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox is stuck at 50% after factory resetting: So this morning i turned on my xbox and i got a error message it was E105 or something. I followed the troubleshoot guide and now my xbox is stuck at 50% does anyone have a solution to this?...
  3. Xbox one factory reset stuck

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one factory reset stuck: I got the black screen of death and I didn't know what happened so I factory reset my Xbox one and now it will go to preparing console and load until 50% then after a while my xbox will shut off...
  4. My xbox one s was stuck on the loading screen but I factory reset it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one s was stuck on the loading screen but I factory reset it: My [img] xbox had the green screen of death so I factory reset it with the keep games option but I got something like the "white" screen of death it does this when I turn it on but heads to the...
  5. Tried to factory reset a glitchy xbox. Now stuck in a loop

in XBoX on Consoles
    Tried to factory reset a glitchy xbox. Now stuck in a loop: On the factory rest (the page as if you just got your Xbox) I click english in the location tab. Then I click US for the type of English. The next tab down is network. I try to connect my...
  6. Tried to factory reset a glitchy xbox. Now stuck in a loop

in XBoX on Consoles
    Tried to factory reset a glitchy xbox. Now stuck in a loop: On the factory rest (the page as if you just got your Xbox) I click english in the location tab. Then I click US for the type of English. The next tab down is network. I try to connect my...
  7. E105 , Stuck on factory reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    E105 , Stuck on factory reset: Hello, I have an Xbox One X Scorpio edition and for the last couple of days i haven't been able to log into my account and sometimes games failed to load, i thought xbox live had issues at the...
  8. Xbox One stuck at 50% and crashes during factory reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One stuck at 50% and crashes during factory reset: My Xbox One has recently been getting slower so I decided to do a "Keep my games and apps" factory reset . However, during the process, it loaded up to 50% and then shows the "Something went...
  9. Xbox One stuck at 50% and crashes during factory reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One stuck at 50% and crashes during factory reset: My Xbox One has recently been getting slower so I decided to do a "Keep my games and apps" factory reset . However, during the process, it loaded up to 50% and then shows the "Something went...
  10. Factory reset stuck

in XBoX on Consoles
    Factory reset stuck: So I recently got the green screen of death shortly after my console had been running really slowly and kept freezing. I've done a factory reset to try and fix this but it's gotten stuck at 50%...