Factory Reset without a Monitor/tv

Discus and support Factory Reset without a Monitor/tv in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am trying to sell my xbox one and xbox one s but I do not have a monitor or tv and want to do a factory reset. How can I do this so my information is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheWoodsman42, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Factory Reset without a Monitor/tv

I am trying to sell my xbox one and xbox one s but I do not have a monitor or tv and want to do a factory reset. How can I do this so my information is off the xbox?

:)

TheWoodsman42, Oct 28, 2019
  2. Chudamaru Win User

You're going to need some way to see the screen.
  3. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

An alternate way to do it would be to take it to GameStop or your equivalent local electronic hobby store and ask them if they can reset it for you, and also ask them to test and make sure everything on and in your console is fit for resale. A lot of places
    will troubleshoot and reset your console for you for free regardless of whether or not you are selling it to them. Alternatively you could ask a friend or family member if you could just go their home and use their TV for a few minutes.
  4. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hello TheWoodsman42!

If you can't perform the following procedure to restore the factory default settings because you have no picture on your screen or you can't access the Settings menu, you can also perform this action by using a file loaded onto a USB flash drive.
    For access to the file and the instructions, see How to reset your Xbox One console to factory defaults using a USB flash
    drive
    This option will delete your games and apps as well, so if possible, you should use the steps below.

source: How to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One

I hope this helps!

Felix

Xbox forums support
  5. darkist1 Win User

The best way to be to use your Xbox Companion app on your PC to stream your screen so you can see what you're doing. Using the stream option it'll act as your monitor/TV and you can factory reset your Xbox. just plug both PC and Xbox into a wired connection
    on your network. and connect Via the Xbox Companion App on PC.
  6. T3chnlgydude Win User

Hi TheWoodsman42

I'm not sure this is possible as you need to read and select the options
Thema:

1. Factory Reset without a Monitor/tv - Similar Threads - Factory Reset without

2. Green screen of death factory reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Green screen of death factory reset: I perform the factory reset but when the menu comes up my controller wont let me select anything but continue, its really frustrating any advice?? 1799ee14-676f-4192-81d9-35841a33d3f0
  3. Xbox one x - something went wrong - endless loop, factory reset

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one x - something went wrong - endless loop, factory reset: My son was playing minecraft, I told him to shut it off for dinner. He uses the power button on the front (I've told him to use the standby function holding down the guide button, but he's upset...
  4. Update failure/Factory Reset?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Update failure/Factory Reset?: Update failure/Factory Reset? Hi Twenty0nePiI0ts, Thanks for the reply updating us here on the forums. I can fully appreciate what you're going through as it has happened to me before with my...
  5. Factory reset of Xbox One via USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Factory reset of Xbox One via USB: I'm getting the 102 error, and I tried resetting the console to factory default using the USB flash drive, but it just turns off after I release the BIND and EJECT buttons after the two beeps....
  6. Factory reset Error Code 0x8B0500B6

in XBoX on Consoles
    Factory reset Error Code 0x8B0500B6: how do I fix error code 0x8B0500B6 when I'm starting up my Xbox from a factory reset. 51499182-0c87-43e3-9c8d-9fc444db5e13
  7. Sold Xbox One without factory reset!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sold Xbox One without factory reset!: Sold Xbox one tonight and forgot to do factory reset. It was my 6 year olds and was set up to automatically log him in. It’s attached to my microsoft account and payment card. His settings...
  8. Factory reset my xbox 360 without losing all progress.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Factory reset my xbox 360 without losing all progress.: Hello, Basically I want to sell my xbox 360 but I read that I have to delete everything off my xbox 360 which is fair enough but, i am concern that will doing so also causes to delete all of my...
  9. Error E105. Controller won't connect. Can it be fixed with without Factory reset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error E105. Controller won't connect. Can it be fixed with without Factory reset?: My Xbox is giving me an E105 error. And my controller won't connect. Is it possible to fix it without a factory reset? [img] a9363e23-3eac-49af-9043-4c8a1f70a985
  10. Error E105. Controller won't connect. Can it be fixed with without Factory reset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error E105. Controller won't connect. Can it be fixed with without Factory reset?: My Xbox is giving me an E105 error. And my controller won't connect. Is it possible to fix it without a factory reset? [img] a9363e23-3eac-49af-9043-4c8a1f70a985