Factory reset

Discus and support Factory reset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all I am looking at doing a factory reset as my xbox one is misbehaving all I am asking is will I be able to keep to keep my game stats ie for call... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Robbie...., Nov 26, 2018.

1. Robbie....
    Robbie.... Guest

Factory reset

Hi all I am looking at doing a factory reset as my xbox one is misbehaving all I am asking is will I be able to keep to keep my game stats ie for call of duty 4 and fifa 19 thanks in advance

:)

Robbie...., Nov 26, 2018
  2. First reports of DOA / broken Xbox One's surfacing?

Factory reset worked a treat, installing BF4 now Factory reset :) Factory reset :)

Indiana Jones, Nov 26, 2018
  3. raigraphixs
    raigraphixs Guest
    raigraphixs, Nov 26, 2018
  4. RandyAU93
    RandyAU93 Guest

Factory reset

As long as your Xbox One has been connected to the Internet, your game stats/saves are backed up to the Xbox Cloud. If you perform a factory reset, you'll be able to synchronize your local save with the ones from the cloud.

RandyAU93, Nov 26, 2018
  5. XBF Chris J
    XBF Chris J Guest
    Hey Robbie,

All of your stats will still be there after your factory reset, nothing to worry about! Since you play on Xbox live, all of your save data will be automatically saved to the cloud storage. The game developers themselves also keep certain data like stats
    on their servers as back up.

You may want to consider first performing a
    factory reset while keeping games and apps
    before going to the reset that wipes your whole hard drive clean. This step solves most issues!

Thank you

XBF Chris J, Nov 26, 2018
  6. NeoDan123
    NeoDan123 Guest
    Good day

I would do a factory reset while keeping games and apps as suggested by the others.

NeoDan123, Nov 6, 2018
  7. bowski477 Win User

Factory reset

Resetting your console to its factory defaults erases all accounts, saved games, settings, and home Xbox associations. Anything not synchronized with Xbox Live will be lost. Your console syncs with Xbox Live automatically when it’s connected with the
    service, so if you've been offline for a while, you'll need to connect to Xbox Live before taking these steps

Source
  8. Lestat Phoenix Win User

Factory Reset?

System, system settings, factory reset
  9. FLUFFYR00 Win User

Factory reset

If you’re ready to reset your console to the factory default settings, follow these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.
    3. Select Reset console.

1. On the Reset your console? screen, you'll see three options:
      • Reset and remove everything. This option resets the console to factory settings. All user data, including accounts, saved games, settings, home Xbox associations, and all games and apps will be deleted. You should use this option when selling
        or gifting the console to someone else. You should only use this option as a last resort in some troubleshooting cases.
      • Reset and keep my games & apps. You should use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps. This will save you from downloading
        or reinstalling the large game files. In some cases, if a corrupt game file is causing the issue you're troubleshooting, you may have to choose Reset and remove everything, but you should always start with Reset and keep my games & apps and
        save Reset and remove everything as a last resort.
      • Cancel. To back out of this screen, simply select the Cancel button. No action has been taken at this point. This is a safe exit from this screen.

After you select one of the options, your Xbox One console will begin the process of erasing the selected content and resetting itself to the default settings.
  10. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

Factory reset

If you’re ready to reset your console to the factory default settings, follow these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.
    3. Select Reset console.

1. On the Reset your console? screen, you'll see three options:
      • Reset and remove everything. This option resets the console to factory settings. All user data, including accounts, saved games, settings, home Xbox associations, and all games and apps will be deleted. You should use this option when selling
        or gifting the console to someone else. You should only use this option as a last resort in some troubleshooting cases.
      • Reset and keep my games & apps. You should use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps. This will save you from downloading
        or reinstalling the large game files. In some cases, if a corrupt game file is causing the issue you're troubleshooting, you may have to choose Reset and remove everything, but you should always start with Reset and keep my games &
        apps
        and save Reset and remove everything as a last resort.
      • Cancel. To back out of this screen, simply select the Cancel button. No action has been taken at this point. This is a safe exit from this screen.

After you select one of the options, your Xbox One console will begin the process of erasing the selected content and resetting itself to the default settings.
  11. {Parity} Win User

Factory reset

Thema:

Factory reset

1. Factory reset - Similar Threads - Factory reset

2. Factory reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Factory reset: How do i do a factory reset on my 1s console? Help would be appreciated 5200e538-b348-49e6-ac25-74780e4f2e51
  3. Xbox One X won't factory reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X won't factory reset: So for the last several months my Xbox One X (preordered when it first came out) has been acting up. I haven't been playing it nearly as much because it's been frustrating me. Every few days...
  4. After factory reset xbox one will not allow me to add account

in XBoX on Consoles
    After factory reset xbox one will not allow me to add account: Orginal xbox one, updated this morning. Could not sign into my account (Microsoft account took too long to start). Tried hard reset, same error. Factory reset xbox one. Still same error. Cannot...
  5. Virtual keyboard wont show up when i try to add my account to my xbox one after factory reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Virtual keyboard wont show up when i try to add my account to my xbox one after factory reset: I have tried more factory resets and hard resets but nothing seems to help 1d232293-1455-4f21-9fb2-b8ad22181ae8
  6. Xbox one keeps factory resetting self

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one keeps factory resetting self: Over the past few weeks its been more frequent. Now its a daily thing. Every time it goes idle it will reset itself and i have to sign my account in every single time. What can i do...
  7. Sold Xbox One without factory reset!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sold Xbox One without factory reset!: Sold Xbox one tonight and forgot to do factory reset. It was my 6 year olds and was set up to automatically log him in. It’s attached to my microsoft account and payment card. His settings...
  8. How to request password to reset factory defaults

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to request password to reset factory defaults: Hi, I configured the family control and guest key, but my son can restart the console to factory defaults .... the system allows to do this even when there is no user connected... how to prevent...
  9. My Xbox One factory reset on it's own

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One factory reset on it's own: I left my console on today and went to do something when I returned I found that I had to put all the information back in like I had just bought it. I had to log back in and also download my games...
  10. help me my xbox turns off every time i play fortnite ive tried factory reset turning off my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    help me my xbox turns off every time i play fortnite ive tried factory reset turning off my...: help me my xbox turns off every time i play fortnite ive tried factory reset turning off my xbox for ten seconds and take out power plug nothing will work and my xbox is brand new looking forwed...