Factory reset

Discus and support Factory reset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I did a factory reset on the Xbox one. My question is how long does it take? It has been at 50% for about a half hour now.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JamesWitkowski, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Factory reset

I did a factory reset on the Xbox one. My question is how long does it take? It has been at 50% for about a half hour now.

:)

JamesWitkowski, Sep 2, 2019
  2. bowski477 Win User

Factory reset

Resetting your console to its factory defaults erases all accounts, saved games, settings, and home Xbox associations. Anything not synchronized with Xbox Live will be lost. Your console syncs with Xbox Live automatically when it’s connected with the
    service, so if you've been offline for a while, you'll need to connect to Xbox Live before taking these steps

Source
  3. Lestat Phoenix Win User

Factory Reset?

System, system settings, factory reset
  4. FLUFFYR00 Win User

Factory reset

If you’re ready to reset your console to the factory default settings, follow these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.
    3. Select Reset console.

1. On the Reset your console? screen, you'll see three options:
      • Reset and remove everything. This option resets the console to factory settings. All user data, including accounts, saved games, settings, home Xbox associations, and all games and apps will be deleted. You should use this option when selling
        or gifting the console to someone else. You should only use this option as a last resort in some troubleshooting cases.
      • Reset and keep my games & apps. You should use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps. This will save you from downloading
        or reinstalling the large game files. In some cases, if a corrupt game file is causing the issue you're troubleshooting, you may have to choose Reset and remove everything, but you should always start with Reset and keep my games & apps and
        save Reset and remove everything as a last resort.
      • Cancel. To back out of this screen, simply select the Cancel button. No action has been taken at this point. This is a safe exit from this screen.

After you select one of the options, your Xbox One console will begin the process of erasing the selected content and resetting itself to the default settings.
  5. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

Factory reset

If you’re ready to reset your console to the factory default settings, follow these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.
    3. Select Reset console.

1. On the Reset your console? screen, you'll see three options:
      • Reset and remove everything. This option resets the console to factory settings. All user data, including accounts, saved games, settings, home Xbox associations, and all games and apps will be deleted. You should use this option when selling
        or gifting the console to someone else. You should only use this option as a last resort in some troubleshooting cases.
      • Reset and keep my games & apps. You should use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps. This will save you from downloading
        or reinstalling the large game files. In some cases, if a corrupt game file is causing the issue you're troubleshooting, you may have to choose Reset and remove everything, but you should always start with Reset and keep my games &
        apps
        and save Reset and remove everything as a last resort.
      • Cancel. To back out of this screen, simply select the Cancel button. No action has been taken at this point. This is a safe exit from this screen.

After you select one of the options, your Xbox One console will begin the process of erasing the selected content and resetting itself to the default settings.
  6. {Parity} Win User

Factory reset

Thema:

Factory reset

1. Factory reset - Similar Threads - Factory reset

2. machine not working after full factory reset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    machine not working after full factory reset: Recently got message that game saving was as issue. Did the 'clear local' games bs, but machine is freezing, it goes to black screen, controllers become unresponsive, and no issue resolved. After...
  3. Xbox won't turn on after attempting factory reset

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox won't turn on after attempting factory reset: Power brick died a couple days ago, i ordered a new brick on Amazon and plugged it in when i got home. When i tried powering up the xbox one (original) i got a code e200 0000004c 00000000. I...
  4. Xbox One S unable to Factory Reset or Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S unable to Factory Reset or Update: I have an Xbox One S that I purchased new a few years ago. Living in Florida, a lightning storm knocked the power out while it was performing an update. Since that time, the Xbox would only go to...
  5. Adding an account after factory reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Adding an account after factory reset: My son did a factory reset on his Xbox One because he was having issues with games freezing up and communication issues. Now he can't add his account back in. He has done all of the different...
  6. Factory Reset, Game Lost

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Factory Reset, Game Lost: Hi all, I need some help please. I bought Grand Theft Auto 5 in the play store about 8 moths ago, but I was having some problems with my Xbox so a friend of mine helped me to reset my console. I...
  7. Factory Reset

in XBoX Accessibility
    Factory Reset: I sold my Xbox One S but before I did i reset factory on the Xbox and removed my account and removed my digital games. I just logged in on Microsoft.com and it shows the xbox I used or logged...
  8. How to fix this?!?! I tried doing a factory reset erasing everything as well, and it still...

in XboX Insiders
    How to fix this?!?! I tried doing a factory reset erasing everything as well, and it still...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Playboipapi [link] [comments]
  9. Xbox wont turn on (need to factory reset)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wont turn on (need to factory reset): Hello all, So, my xbox one (1st gen) is having a few issues. I'm trying to factory reset it to sell it and since ive unplugged it it wont even start up. It will start up for about 1 minute and...
  10. UPDATE NOT WORKING AFTER FACTORY RESET

in XBoX on Consoles
    UPDATE NOT WORKING AFTER FACTORY RESET: Factory reset console and update will not work. STUCK WITH A BRICK! 55ada315-a431-4af7-a9eb-226ae47845df