Fail to detect external drive

Discus and support Fail to detect external drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Since Thursday my xbox fails to recgonise my external harddrive and i cant access my games has this happened to anybody else and how do i fix it. Help... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SaM TaToZz199, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Fail to detect external drive

Since Thursday my xbox fails to recgonise my external harddrive and i cant access my games has this happened to anybody else and how do i fix it. Help

:)

SaM TaToZz199, Apr 16, 2019
  2. FoxPhobic Win User

It could quite easily be a fault with the external, this has happened to me several times, id keep an eye on what others suggest and try that, i just replaced mine when this happened as i was cluless 😅
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

With

If nothing works try plugging the drive in to a PC and use disk manager in windows to format the drive. This will take only a few seconds. Once it's done you can attach the drive back to you console again. Unfortunatly, you will need to install/download
    you games again.

Unless the drive has failed you should be able to use it again, without issues. One of my drives uformatted itself about three years ago, formatted it again and it's still working. You don't nessisarly need to buy a new drive.
  4. Onyx Is Here Win User

5. Shadowskill08 Win User

Sorry you're having issues with your Xbox detecting an external hard drives. Here is the troubleshooting

page
    for this issue. Hope this helps!
  6. {Parity} Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
Thema:

1. Fail to detect external drive - Similar Threads - Fail detect external

2. “Failed To Sync World Data” Minecraft Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    “Failed To Sync World Data” Minecraft Xbox: Hi, After resetting my Xbox one using the “Reset and keep my games & apps” option to fix a bug that required the reset, I was given an error when trying to open my Minecraft World. When...
  3. Trimming captured clips using Captures Manage Trim FAILS

in XboX Insiders
    Trimming captured clips using Captures Manage Trim FAILS: Anyone else using Trim clips getting so far when saving edit but not completing the save and screen just hangs until you press B to discard edit? Tried several and all fail when saving edit....
  4. Failed To Sync User Data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Failed To Sync User Data: For the past 2 weeks I've been trying to play Minecraft on my xbox one, but everytime I get on, it would load in for a few seconds then say "Failed to sync user data." and never let me play. I...
  5. PROVIDE A SOLUTION TO THIS ISSUES OF XBOX FAILING ON INITIAL UPDATE WITH NO INFORMATION...

in XBoX on Consoles
    PROVIDE A SOLUTION TO THIS ISSUES OF XBOX FAILING ON INITIAL UPDATE WITH NO INFORMATION...: I just purchased 20 new xbox one's 3 of them are failing on the initial startup update and display this error code: 0x8B050037 0x00000000 0x00000201 I've searched for hours with no results on...
  6. Xbox one s not working update fails.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s not working update fails.: Hello recently i bought a brand new xbox one s console and at the setup it has to update and there i no way around it. It downloads the update but when it verifies the update it fails...
  7. Xbox one game failed to install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one game failed to install: I got cod bo3 for Xbox one s (2nd hand) I put the game in (no wifi), At 20% installation it let me play zombies but stopped at 41% the Xbox says installation stopped. I uninstalled, restarted and...
  8. Xbox (Beta) Installer fails during install. Error code 0x87E10BC6

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox (Beta) Installer fails during install. Error code 0x87E10BC6: I trying to install the Xbox installer but it keeps failing during install. The progress bar gets about one quarter full than fails with an error that says "We weren't able to install the app...
  9. No picture on direct HDMI connect, DVI detected on Display Discovery, HDCP fails

in XBoX on Consoles
    No picture on direct HDMI connect, DVI detected on Display Discovery, HDCP fails: Seven year old setup: "S" console with Kinect and HD DVD external drive. HDMI connected directly to Panasonic Viera P54G25. TosLink to a Sony V333ES receiver. Life was good for seven years....
  10. HELP! HARD DRIVE NOT DETECTED AFTER FAILED SYSTEM UPDATE

in XBoX on Consoles
    HELP! HARD DRIVE NOT DETECTED AFTER FAILED SYSTEM UPDATE: Please help if you can! During system update, lost power and xbox 360 shut off. When I turned the system back on, message came up that said, "update failed, try again". When I got to the home...