family account restricted

Discus and support family account restricted in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; my sons account will not let him load games or apps it says he is not old enough and gives my name but i have no restrictions on his account... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by robertRawnsley, Apr 16, 2020.

1. family account restricted

my sons account will not let him load games or apps it says he is not old enough and gives my name but i have no restrictions on his account

:)

robertRawnsley, Apr 16, 2020
  2. AndreaCox1 Win User

I have the same problem my son has been playing a game for three weeks and just yesterday xbox says we have restrictions on it. We have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and removed him from the family and tried many other ideas. Nothing has worked
    yet.
  3. TecnogoldPrimus Win User

if your sons account is set up on family settings as a child account I believe restrictions will automatically be set to not allow them to play a game that is not for their age group. age ratings on games are there to keep children safe.

if you would like to read up more or learn more about family restrictions and online safety here`s a link - Family & online safety
    this is definitely the issue here, if the ESRB rating is rated anything but E for everyone it will automatically restrict the ability to play those games.
  4. CulenBohanon Win User

Try contacting Xbox support or checking parental options thru the xbox parental setting.

https://beta.support.xbox.com/
  5. Ethanzawadzki Win User

This has also happened to me too and I no longer have access to the adults account email or password so how can i take the restrictions off? I already tried to remove myself from the family but there is no option for me to do so.
  6. robertRawnsley Win User

thank you for your reply

all the restrictions are off he, has been on my family for 2 years as he is now 16 but the fault has occurred today and cannot remove it have checked all settings and restrictions.
Thema:

1. family account restricted - Similar Threads - family account restricted

2. transferring gaming info to another family member on same account

in XBoX Accessibility
    transferring gaming info to another family member on same account: My son has been using my parent account as his account which means all his games and progress are under my name. I want him to have his own account within our family membership. His argument with...
  3. Child account cannot add friends even though Family Settings are set to allow friends adds.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Child account cannot add friends even though Family Settings are set to allow friends adds.: In the settings for the child account following these steps through the menus.. settings-account-family settings-manage family members-child account profile-privacy and online safety-view details...
  4. How do I buy xbox live for a family member on my Microsoft Account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I buy xbox live for a family member on my Microsoft Account: Please can someone tell me how I buy my family member (child) xbox live? When I go through this on her console (logged in as her) I get to a message 'ask a parent' but I cant get any further than...
  5. Family accounts/permissions and xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Family accounts/permissions and xbox: I just purchased an xbox one for my son. He set it up, using his log in to our family account. Now, the xbox is rendered useless. He is not allowed to play any games with his friends. When we get...
  6. gift card redeemed under wrong account under a family account

in XBoX on Consoles
    gift card redeemed under wrong account under a family account: We have a family account with 2 accounts within. one for my husband and 1 for my son. my son accidentally put a $50 gift card on my husbands account. are we able to transfer these funds to my sons...
  7. I made an account for my son (family) can't watch netflix (changed restrictions)

in XBoX Accessibility
    I made an account for my son (family) can't watch netflix (changed restrictions): I added my son to my family, he can't watch netflix, Hulu. it says go to account.live.com to fix problem. However, I don't know what the problem is? I've tried everything same ****. I can't reach...
  8. xbox family account - cross platform restrictions

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox family account - cross platform restrictions: Hi There, I have family Microsoft account and my son is on our account as a child. For some reason when he logs into the xbox to play on fortnite with his mates he gets a box appear on the screen...
  9. How to prevent child from removing his ID from our Family account and time restrictions

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to prevent child from removing his ID from our Family account and time restrictions: We had successfully installed and setup our child's Xbox1 account on our Family account. Once the child had used up his online screen time, he simply removed himself from our Family using his...
  10. My account content restrictions and family

in XBoX on Consoles
    My account content restrictions and family: my account is saying that I have content restrictions I turned 18 the other day and it's saying I'm in a family I'm not in a family I never have been it's really annoying it needs sorting...