Family Account with 2 Gold Acounts

Discus and support Family Account with 2 Gold Acounts in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a gold account and my son has been playing using my account for the past few years. I set him up with his own account, under Family, but he... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mike_Czub, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Mike_Czub
    Mike_Czub Guest

I have a gold account and my son has been playing using my account for the past few years. I set him up with his own account, under Family, but he insists on using my profile. We now have 2 xbox one consoles and I want to set him up with his own Xbox Gold
    account so we can both play online on our own systems as the same time. What is the best way to go about doing this? Is there a way to allow him access to all the games I have purchased, while still using his own Gold account? Looking for some advice.

:)

Mike_Czub, Aug 3, 2019
  2. Smwutches Win User

As long as he is using his own account then yes. The way it's set up right now, you're getting kicked off because you're trying to use the same account. You can only be signed in on one console at a time.
  3. Mike_Czub Win User

Would we both be able to be online at the same time if he is logged in under his account on the "Home" xbox and I am logged in under my account on the second console? Right now my xbox upstairs as the 'Home' xbox and when he logs in downstairs (using my
    account name) it boots me off.
  4. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hey there
    Mike_Czub
    !

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We're super glad to hear it! We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox
    Forums for further assistance.

Thank you again and have a great day!

Happy gaming!

Felix

Xbox forums support
  5. Mike_Czub Win User

Awesome! Thanks for the suggestions all. We set up the downstairs xbox as the home account. I can now use my account on my xbox upstairs while he uses his account on his xbox downstairs. Works as promised.
  6. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

We actually run our house off of one gold account. I have gold and play on an xbox from my bedroom. My son has a silver account he plays from in the living room. The livingroom is set as my home xbox so he has access to everything my gold account has including
    live. Sometimes my wife plays fortnite with him (I dont like the game) and she plays from her silver account from my xbox. I just log into it and she will also log into it from her silver account and it let's her play on live as long as I'm logged into the
    console also. Then we actually have 2 silver accounts playing from 2 consoles. Might think about doing it that way. It will save you the price of the extra gold account.
Thema:

1. Family Account with 2 Gold Acounts - Similar Threads - Family Account Gold

2. Permission issues for Live Gold on Family accounts

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Permission issues for Live Gold on Family accounts: I have four of my kids in my family account and they always have to log in to my account because thy don't have permissions to play Live. He was trying to play Plants vs Zombies LIVE but it won't...
  3. Family Account & XBox Live Gold

in XBoX on Consoles
    Family Account & XBox Live Gold: I recently created a family account on my xbox and a separate account for my 12-year old son. I have added him as a family member. I have purchased Xbox Live on my main account. Can I share my...
  4. Gold Sharing issue on family accounts

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gold Sharing issue on family accounts: I own 3 Xbox one’s and I have Xbox Gold Live connected to my account and 3 family accounts linked to mine to use the Gold membership on their accounts. Why can they no longer use my gold...
  5. Creating family accounts with existing Xbox live gold accounts

in XBoX on Consoles
    Creating family accounts with existing Xbox live gold accounts: We recently found out that we can buy 1 Xbox live gold and share the membership amongst all in the family (my husband has the master account but not currently on family). From what we have read we...
  6. Cannot get 2nd account to connect to family xbox gold on same console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot get 2nd account to connect to family xbox gold on same console: Hi - I created an account for my 10 year old on our xbox one. My account was already there with xbox gold working regularly -- he's been using mine to play all kinds of multiplayer interactive...
  7. Bring back full FAMILY gold accounts

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bring back full FAMILY gold accounts: Bring back the Family Gold account. Or allow for at least two "Home" consoles. As it stands right now I have to lock at least part of my family out of one console. This rather defeats the...
  8. Xbox Live Gold/Family Account/Multiple Consoles

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Gold/Family Account/Multiple Consoles: I am a mom that is the Primary Account holder and have my 2 boys on the family plan and we share the Live Gold account. We currently have a 360 and a One and I know they can log in on those at...
  9. Created a Child Account in Family settings and he has now lost all his achievements and Gold ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Created a Child Account in Family settings and he has now lost all his achievements and Gold ...: Hi, Any advice on moving my boy from my master Gold Account to a Child Account without losing all of his achievements and access to Gold subscription. I have set him up as a new child account but...
  10. Xbox live (gold) family account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live (gold) family account: OK...so I created a family account (which seems to be a mistake) I added my son. Simple enough. However, xbox gold is under my account which seems logical since Im the one that adds money to...