Family Age Issues

Discus and support Family Age Issues in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; For some reason, I'm still considered a child within my Microsoft account family, even though I am 18 years old. Is there any way to rectify this issue... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ]-Blackout-[, Jul 6, 2019.

1. ]-Blackout-[
    ]-Blackout-[ Guest

Family Age Issues

For some reason, I'm still considered a child within my Microsoft account family, even though I am 18 years old. Is there any way to rectify this issue without leaving the family?

:)

]-Blackout-[, Jul 6, 2019
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

Family Age Issues

Hello ]-Blackout-[,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. The account will remain a child account until the birthday on it reaches 18 years of age. There is no way to initiate this change before the allotted time. There are some instances in which your child
    account will need to graduate to an adult account, but it does not happen. We suggest reaching out to the
    Xbox Support Team if this is the case. They will be able to review the account, and determine if the account is up for graduation. We hope this helps!
  3. Allebas Win User

Family Age Issues

Also, do you have your correct date of birth on your profile. I know when my sister starting her profile she enter the wrong year of her birthday. So even though she is 18 she shows up as a child because her account year reflects she is 16. And sadly,
    once you enter the date and year of your birthday when you create the profile>>>>you can't change it.
  4. choppyseize Win User

Xbox store not showing pictures of games.

That message means you don't meet the age requirements and will need a family member to adjust the settings for you in the family account. Once an age is set it's permanent. This is so kids don't just change their age later to bypass things. So while you
    can change the age after the fact. The system won't recognize it. You can try buying on the Xbox.com website as well to see if it works there but I'm pretty sure its a content restriction that's the issue.
  5. Sophomaniac Win User

My account won't let me download

What is the actual age of the account? Settings are not an issue.

If your account birth-date makes the profile age 17 or younger. You will not be allowed to ,download M or NR material.

The age of the account supersedes any family setting.

If only when the account turns 18 there will be no restrictions on content that can be downloaded.
  6. Flymonkey102 Win User

Can't change Privacy settings

If that is the case the original age put in to the account is under age. Is it tied to a family account?
Thema:

Family Age Issues

1. Family Age Issues - Similar Threads - Family Age Issues

2. Game Pass Ultimate Sub broke my Family Live Gold Pass access

in XboX Insiders
    Game Pass Ultimate Sub broke my Family Live Gold Pass access: I've had GPU since it's Beta, but my family can't access any of my Digital or Gold purchases to play unless I'm logged into that console, this includes online gaming. I removed my console from the...
  3. Shared content with family xbox live members

in XBoX on Consoles
    Shared content with family xbox live members: Why am I not able to share movies or TV shows that I have purchased the rights to view with family members that are connected to my account using the family share feature? Currently I have...
  4. Family account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Family account: Guys, I did what you told me to register a new person (child) in the xbox family. I created another email and everything went well until the following happened: When I created the new account,...
  5. Rodina menit vek [Translate] Family vary age

in XBoX Accessibility
    Rodina menit vek [Translate] Family vary age: Dobry den mam takovy problem mam zalozeny ucet svuj a pak jeste dcery ale pozrebuji menit u ni vek ale nejde to jsk to vyresit. Dekuju [Translate by Mod] Good day mam horned problem I have a...
  6. Adjusting Apps, Games Family Settings for a Child. Adjust the age 16 or 17 but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Adjusting Apps, Games Family Settings for a Child. Adjust the age 16 or 17 but...: Thank you ahead of time for any assistance as I have gone through every support item I could think of or find to help me adjust this. I have a mature 15yo and is under Family as Child as I would...
  7. Child's age in family account Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Child's age in family account Xbox One: How do I change my child's age in the family account for Xbox? I'm the mum. Any advice anyone? Thanks bd5d0dab-e358-4bff-a14f-96873c355e5a
  8. Dragon Age: Origins (and any game that dlc came from a disc or friend/family member on same ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dragon Age: Origins (and any game that dlc came from a disc or friend/family member on same ...: any chance on the marketplace getting a fix? 0bb53063-cc6b-498e-b97e-08ced7cbbcb9
  9. Child's age in family account Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Child's age in family account Xbox One: How do I change my child's age in the family account for Xbox? I'm the mum. Any advice anyone? Thanks bd5d0dab-e358-4bff-a14f-96873c355e5a
  10. MaturityRatingsDenialUserinFamily - Family/age error when redeeming code

in XBoX on Consoles
    MaturityRatingsDenialUserinFamily - Family/age error when redeeming code: [img] Just recently I’ve started to get errors when redeeming codes from the Store (on console, on web, in app), with error code about MaturityRatingsDenialUserinFamily. Seeing as I am the adult...