family friends / chat

Discus and support family friends / chat in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Cannot add friends or chat while on family group. Child is blocked from everything thought was given access to. 65801e70-aec5-48fc-a862-1edc12caa4de Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RevZombieDad, Aug 29, 2019.

1. RevZombieDad
    RevZombieDad Guest

family friends / chat

Cannot add friends or chat while on family group. Child is blocked from everything thought was given access to.

:)

RevZombieDad, Aug 29, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

family friends / chat

Hi Rev,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We understand you are unable to add friends on a child account. We recommend to adjust the privacy settings. We will let you know which ones to change. You need to log onto the parent account then choose the child's profile
    then Xbox live privacy. Then go to view details and customize>under friends and clubs>set allow to you can add friends. Then under communication and multiplayer>allow on join multiplayer games, allow on you can play with people outside Xbox live, Everybody
    on the next two dealing with communication. Reason these are set this way, is if for example they play Fortnite, they need these enabled due to crossplay. This game and others allow multiple platforms like PC, Xbox, Nintendo switch to all play together.

Hope this helps.

Brad
  3. SH4GGY DOG Win User

Gaming

I love losing myself in the world i'm playing in, chatting with friends and having fun playing local co-op with my family.
  4. jakeslady217 Win User

Friends list is gone!

just outta curiosity is anyone who lost their friends list information on the family plan? my kids can access their friends list, have to join in on the party and game chats, can't send anything at all, but I can't do ANYTHING, no friends list, no messages,
    no invites.... nada
  5. RippenHarra Win User

Are all of the upcoming Xbox One bundles bad news for the Kinect?

I haven't used Skype on my Phone ever and I haven't used it on my MacBook since I got the X1. Chatting with family interstate with the whole family around the lounge is so much easier than crowding around a laptop on the kitchen Bench. Also snapping Skype
    now and and chatting with a friend while I still play a game can't be done on my other to devices. But I can see that is not for everyone. I even enjoy the Auto sign in from Kinect recognition amongst the family.
  6. Wadski Win User

Game sharing

Sharing copies of games outside of your family is against the Terms Of Service.

If you are looking for people to play with then there are Forums, Sites like this, Looking for Friends on Xbox, Clubs, Social Media or ingame chat to make and play with new people.
Thema:

family friends / chat

1. family friends / chat - Similar Threads - family friends chat

2. I am under my friend family member to receive xbox live but I cannot play nor do I have...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I am under my friend family member to receive xbox live but I cannot play nor do I have...: So I am under my friend family member to get xbox live but I can't access it nor can I play. So I thought it had to do something with xbox unlimited live that I have been subscribed to but that...
  3. Child account cannot add friends even though Family Settings are set to allow friends adds.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Child account cannot add friends even though Family Settings are set to allow friends adds.: In the settings for the child account following these steps through the menus.. settings-account-family settings-manage family members-child account profile-privacy and online safety-view details...
  4. How can I change my child's (MS Family) permissions to allow them to add friends in...

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I change my child's (MS Family) permissions to allow them to add friends in...: I have just set up MS family on a new PC, created a Microsoft account for my child, and bought Minecraft with it. It works but it won't let him add friends. It says: "You need permission You...
  5. add family member child as a friend?

in XBoX Accessibility
    add family member child as a friend?: how can I add a family member, child as a friend? 1b8eceac-e9f4-473c-9748-4d64ba610ab3
  6. How to play Jackbox games with friends/family remotely

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to play Jackbox games with friends/family remotely: Recently, Jackbox Games published a guide about playing games with family/friends remotely, as well as with anyone. Given the current situation regarding social distancing and the fact that The...
  7. What games does everyone enjoy playing with their family or friends

in XBoX on Consoles
    What games does everyone enjoy playing with their family or friends: I enjoy Mario Kart and Monopoly with family members. e6bed4d0-54a7-48b3-bb90-f1ac721a6438
  8. What is your favourite game to play with family/friends?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What is your favourite game to play with family/friends?: There's a lot of games specially Ark, I love this game. 2f3c0ff0-e705-406f-8739-7e58375f8f29
  9. Family-Friendly Shooter for Game Pass Suggestion

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Family-Friendly Shooter for Game Pass Suggestion: I am fairly new to checking these discussions and am not sure how often there are Game Pass suggestions. Even if there are some, I wouldn't assume Xbox would consider. Anyway, since the catalog...
  10. i have set up a microsoft family account for my son, but his friends xbox seems to be listed ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i have set up a microsoft family account for my son, but his friends xbox seems to be listed ...: I have set up a microsoft family account to monitor my son's usage, but his friends xbox seems to be listed as the 'home console' on my account. does anyone know how this could have happened and...