family friends / chat

Discus and support family friends / chat in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Cannot add friends or chat while on family group. Child is blocked from everything thought was given access to. 65801e70-aec5-48fc-a862-1edc12caa4de Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RevZombieDad, Aug 29, 2019.

1. RevZombieDad
    RevZombieDad Guest

family friends / chat

Cannot add friends or chat while on family group. Child is blocked from everything thought was given access to.

:)

RevZombieDad, Aug 29, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

family friends / chat

Hi Rev,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We understand you are unable to add friends on a child account. We recommend to adjust the privacy settings. We will let you know which ones to change. You need to log onto the parent account then choose the child's profile
    then Xbox live privacy. Then go to view details and customize>under friends and clubs>set allow to you can add friends. Then under communication and multiplayer>allow on join multiplayer games, allow on you can play with people outside Xbox live, Everybody
    on the next two dealing with communication. Reason these are set this way, is if for example they play Fortnite, they need these enabled due to crossplay. This game and others allow multiple platforms like PC, Xbox, Nintendo switch to all play together.

Hope this helps.

Brad
  3. jakeslady217 Win User

Friends list is gone!

just outta curiosity is anyone who lost their friends list information on the family plan? my kids can access their friends list, have to join in on the party and game chats, can't send anything at all, but I can't do ANYTHING, no friends list, no messages,
    no invites.... nada
  4. RippenHarra Win User

Are all of the upcoming Xbox One bundles bad news for the Kinect?

I haven't used Skype on my Phone ever and I haven't used it on my MacBook since I got the X1. Chatting with family interstate with the whole family around the lounge is so much easier than crowding around a laptop on the kitchen Bench. Also snapping Skype
    now and and chatting with a friend while I still play a game can't be done on my other to devices. But I can see that is not for everyone. I even enjoy the Auto sign in from Kinect recognition amongst the family.
  5. GUN5L1NGER Win User

Do YOU play with chat through speakers?

Chat with Kinect or through speakers is not an option. I have a family and friends that are often in the same room with me. They don't need to hear what goes on in my game, my teammates don't need to hear what goes on in my house.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox one, how can I see my child’s chats or can I see them if he’s deleted them

Hello SixSummer,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. We understand you would like to know if it is possible to review your sons chats.

On the console if you go to the communication tab, all chats show here. If it has been deleted there is no way of recovering the chat unfortunately. IF the other one that it was sent to is friend or family member. They still may have the chat on their console.
    Unfortunately support is unable to recover these messages either.

Hope this helps.

Brad
Thema:

family friends / chat

1. family friends / chat - Similar Threads - family friends chat

2. What is your favourite game to play with family/friends?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What is your favourite game to play with family/friends?: There's a lot of games specially Ark, I love this game. 2f3c0ff0-e705-406f-8739-7e58375f8f29
  3. Family-Friendly Shooter for Game Pass Suggestion

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Family-Friendly Shooter for Game Pass Suggestion: I am fairly new to checking these discussions and am not sure how often there are Game Pass suggestions. Even if there are some, I wouldn't assume Xbox would consider. Anyway, since the catalog...
  4. Family Accounts & Friends List

in XBoX Accessibility
    Family Accounts & Friends List: I have a normal adult account, with 2 child accounts in my 'xbox family', 1 is on teen and 1 is on child settings. I'm trying to play fortnite online with the teen, however they cannot find my...
  5. i have set up a microsoft family account for my son, but his friends xbox seems to be listed ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i have set up a microsoft family account for my son, but his friends xbox seems to be listed ...: I have set up a microsoft family account to monitor my son's usage, but his friends xbox seems to be listed as the 'home console' on my account. does anyone know how this could have happened and...
  6. Friends on family accounts

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friends on family accounts: I have two kids with a family account each oene. I'm unable to add them as friends and they can't play online to minecraft. Any solution? 8c92e004-15ab-4d90-bf1c-a73d1686a1b1
  7. Dragon Age: Origins (and any game that dlc came from a disc or friend/family member on same ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dragon Age: Origins (and any game that dlc came from a disc or friend/family member on same ...: any chance on the marketplace getting a fix? 0bb53063-cc6b-498e-b97e-08ced7cbbcb9
  8. Child added as family, cannot add friends

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Child added as family, cannot add friends: I have created Microsoft accounts for both myself and my child. We are using iPads and have added the minecraft Microsoft app. When I try to add friends on her profile it won’t allow me. It...
  9. Family - Adding Friends

in XBoX on Consoles
    Family - Adding Friends: I created a family account for my son in order to limit online time and purchases. I cannot figure out how he can add his friends to play with them. We are Gold subscribers and can add friends to...
  10. Want to approve child friend requests but can find this in XBOX or Family settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Want to approve child friend requests but can find this in XBOX or Family settings: I have a child account setup for my 9 year old. I want to be prompted to approve any friend request he receives so I can be sure who he is communicating with. I've read this was possible at one...