Family Game Pass and Kids set-up

Discus and support Family Game Pass and Kids set-up in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all. I am mum of 3 kids, 2 of which will soon have an X-Box Series S (ages 13 and 15). I have set up a Microsoft family account under my name and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Fish5XB, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Fish5XB
    Fish5XB Guest

Hi all.

I am mum of 3 kids, 2 of which will soon have an X-Box Series S (ages 13 and 15). I have set up a Microsoft family account under my name and linked the kids accounts, but accidentally linked one Gamertag to my name/email.

Q1: He does not want to loose his Minecraft stuff/progress - is it better to create a new account/new Gamertag for him, so that all new games/progress are linked to him - or does it not matter if he continues with my account/is this future proof?

Q2: We are new to XBox - Do I now set up the 2 new XBox using my kids accounts and phones for the App set up, or set up with my account?

Q3: Would we have to purchase a GamePass Ultimate each or can we share one with this set-up?

Thanks!

:)

Fish5XB, Jul 21, 2021
  2. XBF Zineb F Win User

Hi there! Here are the answers to your questions:

Answer to Q1: You can always change the Gamertag which is why creating another Gamertag for him or letting him use your account is completely up to you but my advise would be to create another Gamertag that's linked to him in order not to lose his progress and continue his games where he left. Find more on how to do so here => How to change your Xbox gamertag | Xbox Support.

Answer to Q2: You can go with whatever option you are more comfortable with. You can even include their personal phone numbers and your own email in their security information for extra precaution and in case you forget the passwords in the future. Find more information on how to do this here => How to add an email address or phone number to your Microsoft account.

Answer to Q3: You don't have to purchase the subscription twice, you can purchase it under an account and share it by signing into the other console and making it a home console (let me know if this step is not clear so I can explain it more). You can learn more about the home console here => Designate a home Xbox | Xbox Support.
  3. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

About your doubts.

Answer 1: About him using his account, his track record will not be lost, nor his conquest;

Answer 2: I recommend using your children's accounts and numbers.

Answer 3: The game pass can be shared with several accounts, but only two people can play at the same time, in case one of your children with the ultimate game pass subscription will have to set his console as the main house, and the other will play as a guest. Note: It is necessary that the account that has the active subscription is logged in on both consoles.
  4. B1gC0untryDad81 Win User

Game pass and child account

Did you set up your family account? Go to settings, Account, Family Settings, Manage family Members, Add to Family. it will cost about 1.50 per kid. But it will be able to set time limits and everything and they will be able to game share with you. Which
    brings me to the next Answer, to set up gameshare go to settings, ( if not already there) go to personalization, my home Xbox and make it your home xbox. Hope this helps. I have 4 kids and had to do this for all so they can all play games.
  5. JFord047 Win User

Xbox Gold and play anywhere

The Account that bought EVERYTHING is mines, that would be the games the equipment the passes EVERYTHING!

its the home account on the Xbox

Its Online as well

And

It was ME that set up the Family Account, Adding the wife and Kids to it, Yet only the wife can have full use of Everything, Nobody Else!!!!
  6. F1c Win User

Game Pass game sharing between family members not working, Xbox console returns error 0x803f9006 (The person who bought this needs to sign in)

Yes, I also having this problem, from what I have read you just need to turn on the My Home Console in settings. And that you must be sign into the account that has the Game Pass.

But the problem that I’m having is that the Game Pass account needs to be sign in all the time, which this should not be the case based on my review. And is not great as the kids can then just go into the main account setting and make changes…

I’m still running further testing on this, but I think it may have something to do with the family settings, this can be set-up on the Xbox console or on the Xbox family app.
Thema:

1. Family Game Pass and Kids set-up - Similar Threads - Family Game Pass

2. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - Family Sharing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - Family Sharing: Why can't family members download and play games they want to when I'm paying for Game Pass Ultimate. As a parent, I don't play games, I just pay the bills! I've got an account that's linked to...
  3. Family sharing for game pass ultimate

in XBoX on Consoles
    Family sharing for game pass ultimate: So I joined my boyfriends Xbox family as him his brother and his dad all share Xbox game pass ultimate. They buy one subscription that they all use and it’s linked through family. His dad is the...
  4. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - Family Sharing on a Family's PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - Family Sharing on a Family's PC: Hi everyone, I believe this is a topic (or rather issue) that a lot of parents have with their children Xbox Live accounts. First off, I would like to congratulate Microsoft for: Create this...
  5. Cannot use Xcloud despite being able to use Game Pass Ultimate via family sharing.

in XBoX on Mobile
    Cannot use Xcloud despite being able to use Game Pass Ultimate via family sharing.: I am in australia with a compatible device, but i am unable to use Xcloud, despite having access to game pass via family sharing. Do i need to have my own subscription?...
  6. Game Pass Cloud/Family subscription options

in XBoX on Mobile
    Game Pass Cloud/Family subscription options: I have two children in my family, one playing on XBox and one on PC. I previously had Game Pass Ultimate on my account and everything was great. Both kids could play on their devices and I was...
  7. Do Xbox game pass games not supply a second access for family members to play games (cross...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do Xbox game pass games not supply a second access for family members to play games (cross...: My daughter would like to play sea of thieves, and I have xbox game pass which grants me access to play sea of thieves on Xbox, but I bought sea of thieves on steam some time before and my...
  8. Sharing game pass ultimate with family over two consoles in the same house

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sharing game pass ultimate with family over two consoles in the same house: I'm trying to share game pass ultimate with family over two consoles in the same house. I have a xbox-series-x and xbox one x setup on two TV's in my house and I'd like to be able to play...
  9. Allowing family (specifically kids) to use parents game pass on PC

in XboX Insiders
    Allowing family (specifically kids) to use parents game pass on PC: It would be great if it were possible to allow my kids setup in my Microsoft family account access and play games from the game pass on their PC. I signed up for the game pass primarily for the...
  10. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Family Sharing

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Family Sharing: If someone gets Xbox game pass ultimate on there console, will it transfer over to pc. But the console is a family member's. a129b5f8-76d6-459d-b500-847ff169b21b