Family gold split and messed up, need help fixing.

Discus and support Family gold split and messed up, need help fixing. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I had a family gold package that was separated into individual packages. My son's accounts have been made adult even though they are 12 and 10. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by nosellot, May 5, 2014.

1. nosellot
    nosellot Guest

I had a family gold package that was separated into individual packages. My son's accounts have been made adult even though they are 12 and 10. I don't want to buy individual gold memberships for everyone in my family. Is there a way to fix their accounts?

:)

nosellot, May 5, 2014
  2. HassanB
    HassanB Guest
    Gold Family----puzzled ???

Hello,

This may be some sort of error as the Gold Family Pack is definitely not available anymore. It hasn't been for quite some time. You're more than likely seeing this because you were on the Gold Family Pack and something wonky may be happening due to the split
    up.

HassanB, May 5, 2014
  3. HELP WITH HOME GOLD

I need help, me and my family have a Home Gold account and have all four family slots used up. now just yesterday I was ablee to get the Games with Gold games for free because I had gold from the family gold. But today I log in and it says I don't have gold
    anymore? I check the parent account and it still had gold but not mine. I removed and added myself back to the family but it still says I'm silver. Our gold isn't supposed to run out until 2015. Please help.

DopeyTaterChip, May 5, 2014
  4. maxen
    maxen Guest

Family Gold was discontinued so there is no way to return to that plan, that is why all the accounts would have been spun out into individual accounts.

You say their accounts were made adult, even though they're 10 & 12 - but what does the information on their account say? Is the Date of Birth correct, or does it show them to be of adult age? There's no way to change this info, but if it shows them to be
    adults that would be the reason; if their Dates of Birth are correct, it should force you to assign a parental account to them which would give you control over them (such as them not being able to make changes to privacy settings without your consent), but
    would not restore the Family Gold plan.

maxen, May 5, 2014
  5. maxen Win User

Family Gold was discontinued so there is no way to return to that plan, that is why all the accounts would have been spun out into individual accounts.

You say their accounts were made adult, even though they're 10 & 12 - but what does the information on their account say? Is the Date of Birth correct, or does it show them to be of adult age? There's no way to change this info, but if it shows them to be
    adults that would be the reason; if their Dates of Birth are correct, it should force you to assign a parental account to them which would give you control over them (such as them not being able to make changes to privacy settings without your consent), but
    would not restore the Family Gold plan.
  6. HassanB Win User

Changes to Family membership fees

You will get however much time is left on your family gold pack plus 3 months for each individual that's split from the pack. Once that subscription is up you will then need to add billing information for each member and pay for each of their memberships
    separately if you wish to have them play online with their own gamertags.

Information on the family gold pack splitting into individual memberships can be
    found here
  7. HassanB Win User

Gold Family----puzzled ???

Hello,

This may be some sort of error as the Gold Family Pack is definitely not available anymore. It hasn't been for quite some time. You're more than likely seeing this because you were on the Gold Family Pack and something wonky may be happening due to the split
    up.
  8. Smuroh Win User

Account split

Hi matthewLander1,

Sadly splitting accounts is not possible, what you will need to do is create him an account and then add him to your family this way he will still be able to use your gold access and you can monitor what he has been up to.

Here are a list of ways you can set this up:

https://support.xbox.com/help/Family-Online-Safety/child-accounts/add-family-member-on-xbox-one

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12417/microsoft-account-add-members-to-family

https://www.windowscentral.com/parents-guide-xbox-one

I hope this helps your issue.
  9. GiRRafeAssaSSin Win User

Changing the Xbox Live Control Member on my new Family Account

ON TUESDAY earlier this week, Microsoft announced that they will be discontinuing Family Gold. You will have family gold until it needs to be renewed. Help make noise on forums to continue Family Gold
Thema:

1. Family gold split and messed up, need help fixing. - Similar Threads - Family gold split

2. Enough with one Xbox live gold in family? Two consoles

in XBoX on Consoles
    Enough with one Xbox live gold in family? Two consoles: Hello. I wonder how the xbox live gold works with two users. We have two xboxes in the same house, with two the same users on both consoles since they are placed at separate locations. Thing is...
  3. My xbox live gold subscription doesn't work on my family's account

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox live gold subscription doesn't work on my family's account: Hi, We have ONE console which has an account for my wife, me and my 12 year old son. Last year we downloaded lots of games onto my wife's account and also installed xbox live gold through her...
  4. xbox live gold just purchased, but family member can't use it so far

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox live gold just purchased, but family member can't use it so far: Hi, I'm the home account holder (is that what you call it?). I've just bought subscribed for a year to Xbox Live Gold on Microsoft.com. I didn't see any Redeem Code once I had paid. The problem...
  5. XBox Live Gold - Added to wrong member in Family Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Live Gold - Added to wrong member in Family Account: I am new to Xbox and Microsoft (a rare person I must admit) but whilst setting up my daughters Xbox ONE S, I made a school boy error so it would seem. I set up the Family Microsoft account, i.e....
  6. XBox Live Gold - Added to wrong member in Family Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Live Gold - Added to wrong member in Family Account: I am new to Xbox and Microsoft (a rare person I must admit) but whilst setting up my daughters Xbox ONE S, I made a school boy error so it would seem. I set up the Family Microsoft account, i.e....
  7. Family account to xbox live gold account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Family account to xbox live gold account: My son currently plays as part of my gold account family feature. He wants to get his own gold account without losing his gamertag/digital games. How would this be done? Thanks...
  8. Gold live- Family

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gold live- Family: Hello, I’ve MS Gold account on my xbox. I would like to play together with my son, who has his own xbox account under my family setting. Why cant we both be loged on the same time on the same...
  9. Family Xbox gold

in XBoX on Consoles
    Family Xbox gold: Hi there we have two xbox consoles in our home, one for me and one for my son, i started his account through my xbox and added him to my family so that we didn’t have to get more than one...
  10. How to add new family member to XBOX LIVE GOLD

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to add new family member to XBOX LIVE GOLD: I created a new user so my children can do split screen on fornite. But the new user needs to have online play access. I have XBOX LIVE GOLD already for the other user. How do i add the new user...