Family online playing

Discus and support Family online playing in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I bought my child an Xbox One. She is under my Family account. How can I set it up where she can use my Ultimate Game Pass for multi-player... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lance Lane, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Lance Lane
    Lance Lane Guest

Family online playing

Hello,

I bought my child an Xbox One. She is under my Family account. How can I set it up where she can use my Ultimate Game Pass for multi-player online?

:)

Lance Lane, Aug 18, 2019
  2. Smwutches Win User

Family online playing

3. XBF Ruben D Win User

Family online playing

Hello Lance Lane,

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
    For those reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance.

Thank you again and have a great day!
  4. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

Family online playing

You need to designate the console as your ‘Home’ xbox. By doing this you are allowing Gold Sharing, which will allow her to use your Ultimate Game Pass subscription.

For more information on Gold sharing and the benefits of using a ‘Home’ console, please follow the link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox

Designate an Xbox One console as your home Xbox

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > Personalization, and then select My home Xbox.
    3. Do either of the following:
      • Select Make this my home Xbox to designate the console as your home Xbox.
  5. ChiefJoboo Win User

Online Play and Microsoft Family

The age Xbox accounts turn into adult is 18 (19 in Korea). This can not be done before that because of how age is permanently connected with the first age you put in when creating the account - so you can change your microsoft age but that won't change your
    xbox account age.

Yes, your adult account will need to change some settings if you are currently on a child/teen account.

Have the adult on the adult account go here
    https://account.xbox.com/Settings
    and click on the child's account and allow the option on the first page called "Share stuff people make (Xbox 360: Member Content)" to everyone (must be everyone). Also, on the first page, "Others can communicate with voice,
    text, or invites" to Friends or Everybody. And on the xbox one/windows 10 tab the second option down, "Join multiplayer games", enable that. And then log out and in on the account in question on the console/device and that account can play online.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Online Play and Microsoft Family

Keep in mind thought that gold is required for online multiplayer. So that error message could simply be due to the fact that you did not have gold. If you get a gold subscription and continue to receive the message, then it would be due to your age and
    privacy settings.
Thema:

Family online playing

1. Family online playing - Similar Threads - Family online playing

2. Why can I not see family members online status in the same household on a different xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can I not see family members online status in the same household on a different xbox one: I and unable to see a family members online status in the same household on a different xbox one but they can see my status 0c2cf75e-5bea-4b41-a7e9-ad7d3712c050
  3. ALoow family memeber to play multiplayer games online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ALoow family memeber to play multiplayer games online: I want to allow my 8 yr old son to play roblox online but he gets the message that I need to customize his xbox live account but I can't see how to do this. a6c91fbb-5592-43c9-bfd6-3437e13618dd
  4. Online Play and Microsoft Family

in XBoX on Consoles
    Online Play and Microsoft Family: I have found out in one of my games that, despite at the time I did not have an Xbox Live Gold subscription, I could not enter because an error appeared saying, "You do not have sufficient Xbox...
  5. Family members not able to play online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Family members not able to play online: why ia it i xannot play sllkt screen on the master chief collection with family members on xbox live as guests. When the silver family members sign in to play multiplayer is says age restriction....
  6. Online access for family

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Online access for family: I have 2 sons who both have Xbox’s yet I can’t get my youngest sons account online to play fortnite. The message reads “you are unable to see content other people make because of how your account...
  7. Family sharing accounts not allowed to play online?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Family sharing accounts not allowed to play online?: Hi, my other account which I use more regularly is on family sharing. When I went to play some backwards compatible games on it though it said "account is not allowed to play on xbox LIVE" does...
  8. I cant change Privacy & online safety for one of my family accounts to allow purchases

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant change Privacy & online safety for one of my family accounts to allow purchases: I have been trying for about a month, including 3 chat sessions with support, to change my sons gamer tag. Here are the steps I have taken and things I have tried. I am fairly sure his account...
  9. Family Member can't play online with his friend...has to use my profile?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Family Member can't play online with his friend...has to use my profile?: My son is 7. He's just starting to play games like Minecraft and Plants vs Zombies 2, and we want him to be able to play online with the son of a Friend of mine through Xbox, who's 9 and has his...
  10. Extended access for extended family for children to play online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Extended access for extended family for children to play online: hi i am looking for a way that my 9 year old son can play with his cousins online on their Xboxes (accross the internet) but so that no one else can play with them and they can only play with...