Family parent content restrictions

Discus and support Family parent content restrictions in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; In your Family you can "always allow" some apps/games that are above your child's age restriction. Is there a way to do the same for the parent... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SMH8002, Aug 30, 2019.

1. SMH8002
    SMH8002 Guest

In your Family you can "always allow" some apps/games that are above your child's age restriction.

Is there a way to do the same for the parent account if you have applied an age restriction on that as well ?

:)

SMH8002, Aug 30, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi SMH,

Unfortunately, you are correct in it not being as flexible as a child account. That is the perks of being an adult account though. :) I will go ahead and lock the thread as there is nothing more to be done. Feel free to come back anytime you have an issue
    or question.

Brad
  3. SMH8002 Win User

Thanks for taking the time to reply, but does not solve my prob, unless being stupid :)

I have set a 12 rating on a child account, then using passkey on the parent account I can always allow say the Netflix app. But if the parent account itself has an age rating as well there is no way to "always allow" access to say Netflix as well, it always
    asks for the passkey... behaves differently to the child account..

I guess it is maybe not usual to add age restrictions to the parent account.... but I wanted to still allow kids to use my account as there is game progress that is not transferable between accounts..... so the obvious "next" choice was to add restrictions
    to the parent account.... but cant control app/game access in the same way ?
  4. XBF Crystal P Win User

5. SMH8002 Win User

Hi,

Thanks for the reply... but if you lower the "content rating" for the parent account it does "block" apps, which does stop it allowing all apps above that level in exactly the same way as a child account does... just unfortunately is then less flexible in
    being able to allow a few above... Netflix for example needs the content to be unrestricted to not prompt for authorisation...

Suspect I am just gonna have to suck it up and accept it's not as flexible as I hoped :)
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi SMH,

Thanks for replying. On an adult account there is no way to set always allow. As it is already an adult account it is allowed to do these actions.

Hope this helps.

Brad
Thema:

1. Family parent content restrictions - Similar Threads - Family parent content

2. Xbox game sharing does not goes well with MS family and parental control features.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game sharing does not goes well with MS family and parental control features.: When I purchased a game or subscription (xbox live), my whole family could play with those, worked like a charm. Issues raised when we step to the next level and bought a second xbox. I expected...
  3. Parental consent removal from Microsoft family account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental consent removal from Microsoft family account: Hi! I hope I'm not wrong posting this here. I need to remove parental consent from a child's microsoft family account in order to remove him from one"family" to another one. I tried everything on...
  4. Microsoft family child credit parental approval problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft family child credit parental approval problem: Hi, My 11 year old son recently got his first Xbox. He also got some vouchers and credit put in his Microsoft account totalling approx £60. I selected on the parental controls that 'all'...
  5. need help removing the family settings/parental controls!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    need help removing the family settings/parental controls!!!: can anyone please help me on how to completley remove the parental an family settings on my xbox 360. it was my brothers old one i factory reset it an ended up deleting all his stuff created my...
  6. Family parent permissions >>> Son games have been deleted!!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Family parent permissions >>> Son games have been deleted!!!!: Hello all, Im no a Gamer but my kids are, Is it possible to add back games that no longer show under my sons profile that he is allowed to access, I can see the games on my daughter profile but...
  7. need help removing the family settings/parental controls!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    need help removing the family settings/parental controls!!!: can anyone please help me on how to completley remove the parental an family settings on my xbox 360. it was my brothers old one i factory reset it an ended up deleting all his stuff created my...
  8. Xbox Family parent account error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Family parent account error: For years I have been stuck with a problem with my Xbox account which is that I want to play mutiplayer on Minecraft pe, But my privacy settings say otherwise and cause is from My adult account in...
  9. Microsoft family, younger sisters account asking for MY password instead of parent account ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft family, younger sisters account asking for MY password instead of parent account ...: Well, recently, me and my mother added my sister to the microsoft family account, just sl we could both help her out with getting access to online or what she can and cant do on there, but she...
  10. How can I find out what parent account (Family) I am signed into?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I find out what parent account (Family) I am signed into?: I am trying to add an already existing child account to my already existing parent account (into my family), but when I try to add the child account it says that he is already in another family....