Family passcode lost and personal question to available

Discus and support Family passcode lost and personal question to available in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi I bought my Xbox 360 secondhand and the previous owner can’t remember the family code or the personal question for me to change the passcode and... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Mani5172, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Mani5172
    Mani5172 Guest

Hi

I bought my Xbox 360 secondhand and the previous owner can’t remember the family code or the personal question for me to change the passcode and unlock certain content.

please help?

cheers

:)

Mani5172, Jan 15, 2020
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Mani,

First, you need to register the console to your Microsoft account. To do so, you need to find the serial number of the console. The Xbox 360 console serial number is
    located in three places: On the front of the console, behind the oval USB door. On the back of the console, above the A/V port. On the System Info screen in the Xbox Dashboard.

Login to https://support.microsoft.com/devices and select Register new device. Select your country and then select Xbox in the drop-down
    windows. Once registered, locate your registered Xbox 360 console. Select More actions, select Reset passcode, and then follow the instructions to reset your passcode.

If you are still having issues doing this online, please contact Xbox customer support to help reset the passcode you using the following steps:

1. https://beta.support.xbox.com/contact-us.
    2. Select Contact Us.
    3. Select "Account & profile" in the first drop-down and then "I need a Microsoft account" in the second drop-down
    4. If you are not logged in, you will be prompted to log in to your Microsoft Account at this point.
    5. Once logged in, scroll down in the window to Other options and select Request a Call.
    6. You can add additional information at this point if you'd like and then select Request call
    7. A new window will open for you to enter your Country/region and your best contact number, then select Confirm and you'll be placed in a queue to receive a call back from Customer Support

I hope this helps.
  3. Mani5172 Win User

The solution from that article did not work, because I am not able to find my Xbox device on the microsoft account, even though I was signed in on the microsoft account and signed in on the Xbox online. Please can you provide your feedback on how to find
    a device if it does not appear, and what the more detailed steps are for this.
  4. RandyAU93 Win User

5. FabryZio3 Win User

Hey there :)

Best thing is to ask the old owner to reset it! as randy suggested you... otherwise you can factory reset the console and put your new account on it ;)
  6. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello Mani5172,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you need to reset the pass code for your Xbox 360. We have a support article which provides instructions on how to

reset the pass code for parental controls on Xbox 360
    . We hope this information helps!
Thema:

1. Family passcode lost and personal question to available - Similar Threads - Family passcode lost

2. need to reset passcode on family settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    need to reset passcode on family settings: my son was given an xbox 360 and tried to play a new game today but the family settings are on and our friend can't remember the passcode or the answer to the passcode. we have tried resetting...
  3. Reset Family Passcode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Reset Family Passcode: Split from this thread. How to reset your family passcode ae1372a8-e44d-4745-89fe-27a8dc133389
  4. family passcode

in XBoX on Consoles
    family passcode: Hi I have problerm to remeber family code, and dont know the password hint, Please help me. We dont use the xbox 360 thats why we forgot regards /Raul 7f4d1b66-e6ef-47eb-906f-6b4087d8b844
  5. Xbox 360 family passcode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 family passcode: Hi my son got a Xbox 360 for Christmas from a friend. There is a family passcode that we don't have and the friend doesn't remember it. Can you please help us to reset the passcode. System Info...
  6. Family setting passcode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Family setting passcode: Hi, can anyone please help me how to bypass family setting passcode? I have xbox kinect and my kids cant play because of family passcode, my dashboard in system setting is 2.0.14719.0, much...
  7. Forgotten answer to Family Passcode question

in XBoX Accessibility
    Forgotten answer to Family Passcode question: I've forgotton the passcode and the answer to the security question so how do I reset it? 023895d2-8f36-410a-a0a7-d48dbc099aea
  8. Xbox 360 family passcode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 family passcode: Hi After years of hibernating I got a kinect, dusted off my xbox 360 and turned it on only to have it turn off every 2.40 minutes due to a passcode. I do not know who set this as we're all adults...
  9. Family passcode

in XBoX Accessibility
    Family passcode: I forgot my famili pass code and i dont know how to get past it, someone knows how to reset it (yes, i forgot my reset question too) a6946bff-0b41-46e6-834a-33fe749fabbb
  10. Frustrating Xbox 360 Family Saftey Passcode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Frustrating Xbox 360 Family Saftey Passcode: Okay, so I bought this Xbox 360 a while ago, and didn't think anything about a family passcode. Well now I habe tried EVERYTHING that I have been told to do and nothing is working. I can't get...