Family passcode lost and personal question to available

Discus and support Family passcode lost and personal question to available in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi I bought my Xbox 360 secondhand and the previous owner can’t remember the family code or the personal question for me to change the passcode and... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Mani5172, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Mani5172
    Mani5172 Guest

Hi

I bought my Xbox 360 secondhand and the previous owner can’t remember the family code or the personal question for me to change the passcode and unlock certain content.

please help?

cheers

:)

Mani5172, Jan 15, 2020
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Mani,

First, you need to register the console to your Microsoft account. To do so, you need to find the serial number of the console. The Xbox 360 console serial number is
    located in three places: On the front of the console, behind the oval USB door. On the back of the console, above the A/V port. On the System Info screen in the Xbox Dashboard.

Login to https://support.microsoft.com/devices and select Register new device. Select your country and then select Xbox in the drop-down
    windows. Once registered, locate your registered Xbox 360 console. Select More actions, select Reset passcode, and then follow the instructions to reset your passcode.

If you are still having issues doing this online, please contact Xbox customer support to help reset the passcode you using the following steps:

1. https://beta.support.xbox.com/contact-us.
    2. Select Contact Us.
    3. Select "Account & profile" in the first drop-down and then "I need a Microsoft account" in the second drop-down
    4. If you are not logged in, you will be prompted to log in to your Microsoft Account at this point.
    5. Once logged in, scroll down in the window to Other options and select Request a Call.
    6. You can add additional information at this point if you'd like and then select Request call
    7. A new window will open for you to enter your Country/region and your best contact number, then select Confirm and you'll be placed in a queue to receive a call back from Customer Support

I hope this helps.
  3. Mani5172 Win User

The solution from that article did not work, because I am not able to find my Xbox device on the microsoft account, even though I was signed in on the microsoft account and signed in on the Xbox online. Please can you provide your feedback on how to find
    a device if it does not appear, and what the more detailed steps are for this.
  4. RandyAU93 Win User

5. FabryZio3 Win User

Hey there :)

Best thing is to ask the old owner to reset it! as randy suggested you... otherwise you can factory reset the console and put your new account on it ;)
  6. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello Mani5172,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you need to reset the pass code for your Xbox 360. We have a support article which provides instructions on how to

reset the pass code for parental controls on Xbox 360
    . We hope this information helps!
Thema:

1. Family passcode lost and personal question to available - Similar Threads - Family passcode lost

2. Family passcode

in XBoX Accessibility
    Family passcode: How do I change the family passcode on a xbox 360? b9c42c4b-3395-499a-948a-93dec3732e4a
  3. Xbox Family Security Question - Can I log in without passcode but require passcode for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Family Security Question - Can I log in without passcode but require passcode for...: I set up a family with myself and 2 children, one 9 and the other 13. I also have my profile set up to allow purchases. Because of that, my profile is set up with a passcode. Every time one of...
  4. Forgot family passcode Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forgot family passcode Xbox 360: I have forgotten my family settings passcode, and the security question answer along with it. I have dashboard 2.0.17349.0. I have tried all the remedies on YouTube and other webaites, but nothing...
  5. family settings passcode blocking everything

in XBoX on Consoles
    family settings passcode blocking everything: I got an xbox 360 anout 6 to 8 months agp at a swap meet and havent tried even playing it until today. everyhing I try to do is blocked by"family settings" and it tell me i need to enter my family...
  6. Forgot Family passcode to Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forgot Family passcode to Xbox 360: Is there anyway around the family pass code or do I have to do a factory reboot??? Also, How do I do a factory reboot if there is no way around this? Thanks 4ee923ba-0266-4e73-b860-a5efa41b67a0
  7. Forgot family passcode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forgot family passcode: I was given this Xbox 360, serial number 408336401005. 7316c800-19da-44dc-92e0-e96b0af055e6
  8. xbox family passcode

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox family passcode: the xbox that I have came with an xbox family passcode that I didnt know about and I cant get to play my video games because of that and I cant even go in the family settings and take it off...
  9. Xbox 360 from Goodwill has a family settings passcode that I can’t access

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 from Goodwill has a family settings passcode that I can’t access: I bought an Xbox 360 S from Goodwill and I haven’t got to test it due to a power outage. I turned on the console and wiped the HDD and transferred my data from my original 360. To my surprise,...
  10. need to reset passcode on family settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    need to reset passcode on family settings: my son was given an xbox 360 and tried to play a new game today but the family settings are on and our friend can't remember the passcode or the answer to the passcode. we have tried resetting...