Family Privacy settings

Discus and support Family Privacy settings in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have set my son up with a child account to mine and have locked down his ability to chat and friend random people. I discovered today that other... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Carra S Midown, Oct 9, 2019 at 9:22 AM.

1. Family Privacy settings

I have set my son up with a child account to mine and have locked down his ability to chat and friend random people.

I discovered today that other people can still follow him.

How do I stop this from happening?

:)

Carra S Midown, Oct 9, 2019 at 9:22 AM
  2. SatanicoDrCadillac Win User

Family Privacy settings

3. Ironwilled Win User

Family Privacy settings

4. Mistress Sara Win User

Family Privacy settings

Unfortunately anyone can follow any user. The way the system is set up, the two accounts won't be friends until there is a follow back.

You can limit the information their profile shares to the public through the privacy settings. I believe there is an option on child accounts to either be able to allow or deny friends (sorry, it's been a little while so I'm not sure what it says for that
    setting exactly).

I hope this helps some.
  5. Carra S Midown Win User

Family Privacy settings

That is not a very helpful link. I have already looked for the answer within this place and have not found anything useful
  6. roadkill1910 Win User

Games with Gold Age Restriction?

Check the family settings and also the privacy settings
Thema:

Family Privacy settings

1. Family Privacy settings - Similar Threads - Family Privacy settings

2. Can’t access privacy and safety or family settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t access privacy and safety or family settings: I tried to call MS but after 1 hour of resetting the xbox twice the issue is not fixed from xbox under settings i cannot load family settings, i want to change my kids permissions. I receive a...
  3. Family account management - impossible to change children's privacy settings??!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Family account management - impossible to change children's privacy settings??!: It seems family settings are completely broken to the point that child accounts are uneditable if you're using xbox live. Steps to reproduce using Windows 10 PC: - create adult account (standard...
  4. Problem with Family Gold sharing and Privacy Settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with Family Gold sharing and Privacy Settings: I have recently bought an Xbox Gold subscription and set my XBox one to my Home Xbox. However, the only way I can find for my two sons to play multiplayer games with their friends is to set all of...
  5. Family member privacy settings problem - still unresolved

in XBoX on Consoles
    Family member privacy settings problem - still unresolved: I described my problem and asked for help here: Added my son as a family member and friend on Xbox Live, can't change his privacy settings I got an answer by a staff member and the thread got...
  6. Added my son as a family member and friend on Xbox Live, can't change his privacy settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Added my son as a family member and friend on Xbox Live, can't change his privacy settings: I want my son to add a friend in Minecraft PE (Android), so I created an Xbox Live account for him (AlbercikW). Since I've provided his real birthdate, he's not allowed to add friends. So I added...
  7. Microsoft family / xBox privacy settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft family / xBox privacy settings: Hi, I have setup up microsoft family members under my windows account and those accounts also have xbox profiles but when I log into xBox.com I cannot see my kid's profiles under privacy settings...
  8. Child account appears in Family and Friends but not in Privacy Settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Child account appears in Family and Friends but not in Privacy Settings: Hi, My son has a gamer tag. It appears in my account under the Family heading but not in Privacy one. He would like to join a realm in a Minecraft (Pocket Edition) but can't due to an account...
  9. i cannot add any adult to my family and i cannot change my privacy settings for my account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    i cannot add any adult to my family and i cannot change my privacy settings for my account.: i can`t add anyone to my family and change my privacy settings. please help me 9a8996c8-274e-4b4a-adeb-395b294b1eb1
  10. Child account added to family, but not visible in Privacy settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Child account added to family, but not visible in Privacy settings: Dear xbox team, I have recently bought Forza Horizon 3 and i am playing it on Windows 10. I do not own any kind of xbox. But i noticed while playing that i can't acces any online features. So my...