Family Safety - Child Bypassing Security

Discus and support Family Safety - Child Bypassing Security in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My 13 year old has found many ways to bypass security on his Xbox to give him more time (yes there's a trust discussion here which we are having and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ashley.Bacon, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Ashley.Bacon
    Ashley.Bacon Guest

My 13 year old has found many ways to bypass security on his Xbox to give him more time (yes there's a trust discussion here which we are having and educating on), like a lot of kids he tries to get around the restrictions - he has too much time on his hands
    and it's been challenging to keep up.

The main change is to disable Gust account and adding new accounts. He was using our phones to approve more time or turn off altogether, we have talked about this and he won't be doing it again.

The issue now is every time I change his time limit, a second later it pops up saying screen time ends at 15:37. If I set to unlimited time it pops up saying your screen times been removed. If I add 1 hour of screen time it pops up saying screen time ends
    at 15:37, no matter how many hours I set it pops up a few seconds later saying screen time ends at 15:37. Some strange bug? I've turned the Xbox off and unplugged to no avail.

I've now removed him from the family safety group, I had to first goto to Manage my child’s profile info then Remove
    consent for this child's account
    . then finally remove from family safety.

I've then added him back, gone to his email and re-approved. He is shown in family however this did not fix the problem. I removed him again and added to the family from the Xbox itself rather than PC (This just added him, there was no email approval needed)
    Screen Time is now working

I have however noticed he is no longer shows within manage my childs profile info and from his account he can leave the family group whereas my other children option to leave is disabled

How do I disable the option for him to leave? or is this not an option as he is 13? My other children are younger

:)

Ashley.Bacon, Jun 14, 2020
  2. SilentJay76 Win User

Hi Ashley,

this sounds a bit too complicated to solve efficiently via a forum. Your best bet ist probably to contact Xbox Support directly - https://support.xbox.com

To be honest, if your kid continues to break the rules, you should take his Xbox away for a week. If he then does it again, take it away for a month. Having his own Xbox is a privilege. He really should learn to appreciate it, instead of abusing it.
    (Just my two cents worth, obviously.)
  3. XxSyndicateexX Win User

I would recommend contacting Xbox Support to receive the best possible advice and guidance.

Kind Regards
  4. EnenDaveyBoy Win User

family settings purchase consent

5. DrifterX22 Win User

Local Co-op - multiplayer games for kids

6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

XBox Live Parental Controls

Thema:

1. Family Safety - Child Bypassing Security - Similar Threads - Family Safety Child

2. Microsoft Family Safety - Xbox One SmartGlass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Family Safety - Xbox One SmartGlass: Hello, I just got an email from my daughter's account saying that she downloaded Xbox One Smartglass. The only issue is that she cannot download anything as her account is fully locked down. I...
  3. Family and online safety

in XBoX Accessibility
    Family and online safety: On your child's account they might find out they can't make a club to fix that go to this link to this link to find out more (NOTE: you need a xbox one _ ) this link is made by microsoft not by...
  4. Microsoft Family Safety Report Always Wrong

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Family Safety Report Always Wrong: Hello, Each week I get my Microsoft Family Safety report for the activity of my boys on their Xbox and each week it is wrong. I even spent 30 minutes on tech support trying to make sure that our...
  5. Unable to see children's gamer tags in family Privacy & online safety (Minecraft)

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to see children's gamer tags in family Privacy & online safety (Minecraft): I have a similar question as this one: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/family-permissions-for-minecraft-servers/df8407b2-3eff-464a-a20f-c93006b94697 I am trying to update the...
  6. I do not have Online safety & family Message safety .

in XboX Insiders
    I do not have Online safety & family Message safety .: I do not have Online safety & family Message safety on my Xbox OneX and I look at my settings and I do not have it. I do not have new dashboard yet. I think i am only one that did not get the New...
  7. Update Family Status for Online Safety

in XBoX Accessibility
    Update Family Status for Online Safety: I bought my son an xBox One and set it up for play using my account, which is an Adult account. However, we recently got xBox Live, and I want to make sure he can not use apps that are...
  8. Can’t access privacy and safety or family settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t access privacy and safety or family settings: I tried to call MS but after 1 hour of resetting the xbox twice the issue is not fixed from xbox under settings i cannot load family settings, i want to change my kids permissions. I receive a...
  9. Forgotten password of family settings and also answer for safety question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forgotten password of family settings and also answer for safety question: Hello, I would like to know how can I completely remove code for family settings without knowing answer for safety question ? Thank you for your help in advance...
  10. Trouble with child account on xbox one under family safety/xbox privacy settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble with child account on xbox one under family safety/xbox privacy settings: I have 2 child accounts and one I cannot change settings of at ms family safety site -get red circle on their gamertag. I think date of birth etc is correct and it is listed as a child account on...