Family services

Discus and support Family services in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I set up my account 10 years ago when I first bought my xbox 360 in 2011, I was 14 at the time and required a parent account. We as a family cannot... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EnterStangman, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Family services

I set up my account 10 years ago when I first bought my xbox 360 in 2011, I was 14 at the time and required a parent account. We as a family cannot remember the password for the parent account, and the email address is now defunct as it was closed by the host company, BT. I have tried to fill in the recovery request form so many times now that it has blocked me from submitting any more. Since the account was last logged in many years ago we cannot be accurate enough for the automated system to believe we own the account. One question asks for previous passwords for the account. We as a family cannot remember if the password was ever changed - there may not even be any previous passwords. Another question is whether the account had any purchases made against it. I highly doubt that it ever had a payment method registered as the account was never used, and even if it did, the details would be inaccurate due the period of time between the account being set up and now. Thirdly, the form asks what console the account was most frequently used on. This would have been my xbox 360 - the account was never added to my xbox 1. I no longer own my xbox 360, and therefore am unable to provide the xbox 360 console ID for the account. I am now 24 and didn't realise that my account still had child locked parts until I went to change my 'broadcast gameplay' settings in order to stream on twitch. This is set to 'blocked' and I cannot change this without gaining access to the parent account. I have contacted support via web chat 5 times, emailed twice and called customer support twice, all of which have been completely useless, the most recent email response I received basically told me to create a new account, which doesn't solve any of my issues

Once i am into the account I will change the settings on my personal account to effectively make it an adult account and will close the parent one as it will no longer be needed.

Anyone got any bright ideas or a way of escalating this quickly? I've been going round in circles and been passed on so many times I've lost count. Any help is appreciated.

FYI I have tried the account.live.com/acsr form multiple times as well as the escalated form for reinstatements.

:)

EnterStangman, Mar 4, 2021
  2. Burst Axe Win User

What exactly was Family Sharing

Family Sharing and Family Gold offer two totally different services......
  3. Sir Katachinski Win User

Sharing services with family members

without having to pay for two games or two online services?
  4. Smwutches Win User

Sharing services with family members

5. The Last Ewok Win User

Question about console ban

Xbox Live is a family service, therefore Microsoft must make efforts to keep it family friendly. Also, why do you feel the need to use vulgar language?
  6. VibroPlex Win User

"Graphic" Images Opening Themselves on my Xbox?

Is "graphic" a euphenism here for pictures which should not appear on a family-friendly service.
Thema:

Family services

1. Family services - Similar Threads - Family services

2. Family

in XBoX on Consoles
    Family: I need to undo an error which happened some time ago. One of my children put their gamertag as head of family, Sniperboss1212. The genuine head of family is my account, Surrender 6484.. Can Xbox...
  3. Fallout 76 playing with family on same server

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 76 playing with family on same server: Hi there, I currently have two xbox series s consoles in my house. One for me and another for my son. We have been trying to play fallout 76 together on different consoles using the same server....
  4. Sharing Xbox Live Pass with family members on two different consoles

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sharing Xbox Live Pass with family members on two different consoles: This is driving me nuts and my kids are so fed up of it not working any more.... I have an Xbox Series X and an Xbox One in the same household. I have both consoles logged in under the same main...
  5. GamePass Ultimate Family Sharing (specifically for upcoming streaming service)

in XBoX on Mobile
    GamePass Ultimate Family Sharing (specifically for upcoming streaming service): Hi All, Many thanks for taking the time to read my question. My current set up is 1 x Xbox One, my 'home' console, for which I have a gamepass ultimate subscription 2 x Android phones /...
  6. Better Xbox live (Family) Sharing, and Microsoft Service going down

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Better Xbox live (Family) Sharing, and Microsoft Service going down: I am a father of three wanting to ask Microsoft to release there grip on how many Xbox's I can share with. I have been a video game player since Atari 2600, and an Xbox live member since 2002. I...
  7. I want to change the access code for family services.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to change the access code for family services.: I want to change the access code for family services but I don't remember the code and the answer to the question. What to do? Please help. a7dff1ff-ce18-4ad4-b49b-719d5e151760
  8. Xbox services for family with multiple xboxes.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox services for family with multiple xboxes.: I have 3 Xboxes in my house. One for me and one for each of my kids. I have my account set as the parent account and each of the kids accounts as child profile. I pay for 3 individual Xbox live...
  9. Xbox services for family with multiple xboxes.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox services for family with multiple xboxes.: I have 3 Xboxes in my house. One for me and one for each of my kids. I have my account set as the parent account and each of the kids accounts as child profile. I pay for 3 individual Xbox live...
  10. Sharing services with family members

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sharing services with family members: Can I share my digital games and subscription services with my brother-in-law? I'm interested in getting another xbox for him but first I want to know if I can share my games and services with...