Family Share not working

Discus and support Family Share not working in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've made a family account with two Xbox's in my house, added the account for (lets call it) Xbox B on the family, and there are no games appearing on... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TemperedBen, Oct 2, 2019.

1. TemperedBen
    TemperedBen Guest

Family Share not working

I've made a family account with two Xbox's in my house, added the account for (lets call it) Xbox B on the family, and there are no games appearing on Xbox B's "ready-to-install list."

(Just for extra info:

I've readded them to the family, I've done a hard reset of both consolew and it still hasn't changed.

Don't know if it affects at all, but the profile for Xbox B is on Xbox A as well, but not vice versa.

)

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

TemperedBen, Oct 2, 2019
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Family Share not working

Yes it's incorrect, you need to setup Xbox A as the home Xbox using profile B, and setup Xbox B as the home Xbox using profile A. That way you can share each others games and subscriptions (Game Pass, EA Access, Gold, Ultimate)
  3. steeledwand7664 Win User

Family Share not working

Let me explain it a little better for you we will follow this example.

No matter what console a profile is signed into it will always be able to play its digitally bought games and use any subscription that it has. Each profile can set ONE console at a time as its home console and any other profile on that console then can
    play its digital games and use any of its subscriptions. Keep in mind you can only switch which console a profile has set as its home console FIVE times a year.

CA= Console A If A1 has this set as its profiles home xbox then A2 and any other profile can play A1s digital games and use A1s subscriptions.

CB= Console B only A1 would be able to play its digital games and use its subscriptions

A1= Account 1 has the games and subscriptions

A2= Account 2 Kids account

So basically whatever console your kids are going to be playing on the most you would want to set as your home xbox so they can play your digital games
  4. Njal the Blue Win User

Family Share not working

5. TemperedBen Win User

Family Share not working

Okay I'll just list how it is currently set up and you tell me if it's wrong.

Xbox A (that has the games and live) is set as the home Xbox with the Xbox A profile.

Xbox B is set up as the home Xbox of Xbox B's profile.

Is this incorrect?
  6. elitekiller21 Win User

My Opinion, Just Disappointed

SacrificeRed do you know how the family/friend share will work
Thema:

Family Share not working

1. Family Share not working - Similar Threads - Family Share working

2. Game pass family sharing not working as intended?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass family sharing not working as intended?: Game pass family sharing not working as intended? I have two xboxs and i recently got gamepass Ultimate to share games with my wife on xbox number 2. xbox number two, has my wifes profile and my...
  3. Xbox 360 - Family sharing doesn't work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 - Family sharing doesn't work: Me any my brother have had an Xbox since 2009, we got lots of games through Games with Gold that we kept and both of us could enjoy them. Recently we got a new Xbox 360, the storage was wiped and...
  4. Family sharing not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Family sharing not working: Hi, I have set up a new xbox one for my 8 year old son. I have set up my own account/gamertag and also one for my son along with family sharing. I downloaded Minecraft using a code and also free...
  5. Game/Family Sharing doesn’t seem to be working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game/Family Sharing doesn’t seem to be working.: I have my account and my boyfriends account signed in on our Xbox and the Xbox is set as our home Xbox for the both of us. Two friends of ours do the game/family sharing where if one of them...
  6. The Division Season Pass does not work with Family Share

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Division Season Pass does not work with Family Share: One of the best selling points of the XB1 is family share. I have 2 XB1s and my son and I enjoy playing these games together. My most recent game was destiny. I bought the legendary ed and then...
  7. Game/Family Sharing doesn’t seem to be working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game/Family Sharing doesn’t seem to be working.: I have my account and my boyfriends account signed in on our Xbox and the Xbox is set as our home Xbox for the both of us. Two friends of ours do the game/family sharing where if one of them...
  8. How does this Xbox Gold work on Xbox360? Can I share it with family members?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How does this Xbox Gold work on Xbox360? Can I share it with family members?: I was wondering if you can share one family persons gold membership or if all need their own? 7152d419-3690-47ea-b656-b3f43cf4a3d4
  9. Gold family sharing not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gold family sharing not working: I have a gold subscription. Console is set as my home console. my son has an account on the Xbox, also set as his home console. he is registered as my son on ms family safety website. He...
  10. Xbox one family gold sharing not working with xbox Fitness app?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one family gold sharing not working with xbox Fitness app?: My wife and I both have xbox live accounts. My account also has an xbox gold membership and I went through the process of adding her as a family member and sharing the Gold membership so it...