Family Sharing/Multiple Consoles

Discus and support Family Sharing/Multiple Consoles in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Okay, I am at my wits end here, and I'm hoping I can get some help. Here's my situation: -I have an Xbox Gold account -My son has an (adult) Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WoodimusPrime, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Family Sharing/Multiple Consoles

Okay, I am at my wits end here, and I'm hoping I can get some help. Here's my situation:

-I have an Xbox Gold account

-My son has an (adult) Xbox Gold account

-I have two Xbox One X consoles

-I have Gamepass (Ultimate, as of yesterday)

I have two consoles because I want to be able to play online games w/ my sons. Thus far we have been unable to do that, and it is driving me nuts. As it stands right now, I have to be logged in on the console for him to be able to play anything that isn't
    a free game, like Apex or Fortnite. His account is part of my family. One console is my home console, and one console is his. Right now whenever we try and launch a game it tells him the account that purchased the game has to be logged in. We have tried swapping
    home consoles, removing him from my family and making his account independent, and a couple other things that support suggested, but none of them work.

Is there a way to make this work? It seems like it should, but it isn't, and I'm confused. Any help would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks!

:)

WoodimusPrime, Jun 12, 2019
  2. BraveSir Paul Win User

Has this been resolved for you yet?

We have the same setup here - two xboxes and have no issues.

The trick is to have your son's console set up as the home console (see the above comment on how to do that). That way your son's console will have access to all games that you have purchased.
  3. Smwutches Win User

In order for him to share your gold and games, he has to use the console you set as your Home. Then you would sign in and use the non-Home console. https://support.xbox.com/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox
    The Home setting is what allows sharing, so it should be the only setting you need to set.
  4. Smwutches Win User

No problem! Glad you got it worked out!
  5. WoodimusPrime Win User

This is exactly it! You nailed it in one. I had it backwards. I had our "primary" console set as my home, AND used it as the one I played on. Thanks so much! This has been driving me nuts for months!
  6. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

It sounds like you need to make your Xbox One the “Home” console.

In order to do this follow these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > Personalization, and then select My home Xbox.
    3. Do either of the following:
      • Select Make this my home Xbox to designate the console as your home Xbox.
Thema:

1. Family Sharing/Multiple Consoles - Similar Threads - Family Sharing Multiple

2. Family sharing single PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Family sharing single PC: I suscribed to game pass for PC. How can i share my installed games with other family members who also use this same PC, each with their own windows/microsoft account. Giving them my login info...
  3. Better Xbox live (Family) Sharing, and Microsoft Service going down

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Better Xbox live (Family) Sharing, and Microsoft Service going down: I am a father of three wanting to ask Microsoft to release there grip on how many Xbox's I can share with. I have been a video game player since Atari 2600, and an Xbox live member since 2002. I...
  4. Game pass family sharing not working as intended?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass family sharing not working as intended?: Game pass family sharing not working as intended? I have two xboxs and i recently got gamepass Ultimate to share games with my wife on xbox number 2. xbox number two, has my wifes profile and my...
  5. PC Game Pass Family Sharing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC Game Pass Family Sharing: Is it possible to share one Windows Game Pass subscription across two different computers (with 2 different Microsoft accounts) as a part of family sharing? Also, would the 2 computers be able...
  6. Playing Ark: Survival Evolved on PC and Xbox at the same time using family sharing?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Playing Ark: Survival Evolved on PC and Xbox at the same time using family sharing?: Hi, My husband and I decided to buy Ark: Survival Evolved so that we could play together. We have tried playing split-screen on the Xbox One on a non-dedicated server (with a friend joining in on...
  7. Family game sharing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Family game sharing: Hello how can i share a game from my Xbox to my pc, i got an family in microsoft and we could share many forza games but i dont remember how i did it, can you helt me? We want o play forza 4 at...
  8. How do you share with multiple accounts and xboxes (family)

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you share with multiple accounts and xboxes (family): My kids cannot access all the games in our shared inventory. We have three xbox ones, and are paying for five accounts. I have everyone in the family and I am the main account. I have console “a”...
  9. Shared content with family xbox live members

in XBoX on Consoles
    Shared content with family xbox live members: Why am I not able to share movies or TV shows that I have purchased the rights to view with family members that are connected to my account using the family share feature? Currently I have...
  10. Cannot share game pass ultimate on pc with my family

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot share game pass ultimate on pc with my family: Hello I would like to know how I can share my Game Pass Ultimate subscription on PC with members of my family. Game pass works on pc for the account I purchased the subscription with but it...