Family Xbox accounts

Discus and support Family Xbox accounts in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, When I bought xbox 1,5 year ago I have configured and installed all games with my MS account. In meanwhile, my daughter was using this account to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by IgorBulavitchi, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Family Xbox accounts

Hi,

When I bought xbox 1,5 year ago I have configured and installed all games with my MS account.

In meanwhile, my daughter was using this account to play all her games.

Since couple of month I have created a family MS account and daughter MS account, including my daughter account in the family account.

How can I migrate on xbox games (to keep progress and all earnings) from my account to my daughter account?

The reason behind is screen time, which I can control for family members. I did not found a way to set-up limits on screen time for xbox for my account (which is administrator account for a family)

Thanks!

:)

IgorBulavitchi, Apr 20, 2020
  2. RoboticTester Win User

Gold Family pack only allowing 3 accounts

• What is a primary and secondary Family Pack account?
    The Xbox LIVE account used to purchase a Gold Family Pack membership is the primary Family Pack account. All other Xbox LIVE accounts associated with the Family Pack membership are secondary accounts.

To see and add family pack members:

On your console, sign in using the Xbox LIVE account that you used to sign up for a Family Pack membership (the primary account).

Go to Settings, and then select Family.

The primary and secondary accounts are shown. To add or remove family members, please see

Managing Gold Family Pack members.
  3. steeledwand7664 Win User

Account settings

Two ways to tell if he is in a family as a child account already.

Sign into his account at account.microsoft.com/family if there is no other family members then he is an adult in his own family.

Sign into his account on the xbox console go into settings and under the account tab go to family settings and go down to manage family members and it will tell you if there are any family members in the family there.
  4. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

Change the primary account.

Unfortunately not, it appears the primary/lead account is always the one used to purchase the membership.
    What is a primary and secondary Family Pack account?

The Xbox LIVE account used to purchase a Gold Family Pack membership is the primary Family Pack account. All other Xbox LIVE accounts associated with the Family Pack membership are secondary accounts.

To see and add family pack members:

1. On your console, sign in using the Xbox LIVE account that you used to sign up for a Family Pack membership (the primary account).
    2. Go to Settings and then select Family.
    The primary and secondary accounts are shown. To add or remove family members, please see Managing Gold Family Pack members.
  5. Bisexual Female Win User

Xbox Live not working on HOME Console

He would have to set you as a family member in order for you to have xbox live.

Settings-account-family-manage family-then add your account to his family
  6. XBF Amber M Win User

Two gamertags (two kids) on one Microsoft Account?

Hi April,

Thanks for reaching out to us in forums with this issue. When it comes to accounts for Xbox/Microsoft, there is no way to merge two accounts into a single account. If you would like to be able to monitor both accounts, you can use Family settings to designate
    them as part of your Family by listing them as child accounts with your own account as the parent one. Here are some handy support articles that can guide you and provide you with information on how to set up a Microsoft family account:

I hope that this information helps you out!
Thema:

Family Xbox accounts

1. Family Xbox accounts - Similar Threads - Family accounts

2. Family accounts/permissions and xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Family accounts/permissions and xbox: I just purchased an xbox one for my son. He set it up, using his log in to our family account. Now, the xbox is rendered useless. He is not allowed to play any games with his friends. When we get...
  3. gift card redeemed under wrong account under a family account

in XBoX on Consoles
    gift card redeemed under wrong account under a family account: We have a family account with 2 accounts within. one for my husband and 1 for my son. my son accidentally put a $50 gift card on my husbands account. are we able to transfer these funds to my sons...
  4. Gifting Fortnite Battle pass from my family child account using VBUCKS

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gifting Fortnite Battle pass from my family child account using VBUCKS: I have 3050 vbucks and I want tot gift the battle Pass to my dad, however, when I go into do this my dad has to approve the gift. When he goes in to allow the gift, the Microsoft account requires...
  5. Trying to buy vBuck from Fortnite from a family account

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Trying to buy vBuck from Fortnite from a family account: I am trying to buy $24.99 of vBucks from fortnite for my son. He initiated the purchase and it said it will ask permission. I get the notification that he is asking permission so I click Accept....
  6. Xbox Account Update, without Family

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Account Update, without Family: I recently created an Xbox account, but due to my age (16), it's listed as a child account. This automatically prohibits any online gameplay, but I cannot update my settings, as I need a...
  7. Signing in Family Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Signing in Family Account: My husband can log into his Xbox Live Account on Xbox One, but when my son tries to log in under his profile, it says "There's a problem with your account. Fix it at account.live.com, then come...
  8. My son created a second account in our family account

in XBoX on Windows
    My son created a second account in our family account: So my ten year old asked us to put some money on his account for a game. We did and found out that he had created a second account and that the money went to the wrong one. How could i rectify...
  9. Family member can't play games without account manager being signed in

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Family member can't play games without account manager being signed in: Hi all. After a little help please. I've 2 xboxes. home xbox downstairs, and another one in my sons room. Up until now, anyone in the family can sign in on the home xbox downstairs without me...
  10. Child Use under Family Account In Divorced Households

in XBoX on Consoles
    Child Use under Family Account In Divorced Households: Can child use one Family account on a separate device at the house of the other parent not on the Family account? Or does the other parent need to set up their own Family account and pay for the...