Faulty HDMI detection?

Discus and support Faulty HDMI detection? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recently, my Xbox One's HDMI resolution autodetect stopped working. It defaults to 480p. This is a less than a year old Samsung 60" smart TV. I can set... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DaveCandland, May 29, 2014.

1. DaveCandland
    DaveCandland Guest

Faulty HDMI detection?

Recently, my Xbox One's HDMI resolution autodetect stopped working. It defaults to 480p. This is a less than a year old Samsung 60" smart TV. I can set it to manually render at 1080p, but my blu-ray app will refuse to play most movies because the output
    can't be verified or some nonsense.

I know it's not the TV because my 360 and PS4 autodetect just fine. Any ideas?

:)

DaveCandland, May 29, 2014
  2. Can't get my Xbox one to do 720p but my Xbox 360 can easily do 1080p

Found out the problem faulty HDMI cable. Bought a new one my Xbox one is doing 1080p now.

TonyTheTankEngine, May 29, 2014
  3. no HDMI signal or error

Does your TV have multiple HDMI ports?

It is possible that one of them is faulty, or the Xbox itself has a faulty HDMI port.

The Little Moa-5265A9CE-67C9-4A95-995A-CFFBF076F5E, May 29, 2014
  4. ExodusBro
    ExodusBro Guest

Faulty HDMI detection?

Did you try swapping the cable yet? Or holding the power button for 30 seconds until fan and everything shuts off then unplugging for 2 mins..

ExodusBro, May 29, 2014
  5. The Little Moa-5265A Win User

no HDMI signal or error

Does your TV have multiple HDMI ports?

It is possible that one of them is faulty, or the Xbox itself has a faulty HDMI port.
  6. NENGaming Win User

Green tint

Sounds like either a faulty HDMI cable or a faulty HDMI port on your T.V. Do you have the option to try a different HDMI cable? Also if you can try a different HDMI port on your T.V

If those idea's don't work please post back on here.
  7. Reidzer N7 Win User

Disappointed with the Xbox One experience.

Defo sounds like a faulty console or TV to me.

Could even be down to a faulty HDMI cable.
  8. matthewiag Win User

HD Xbox One cable issue

Sound like a Faulty Pin in the HDMI cable they can become faulty over time of being Removed and Re-inserted
  9. Dr Black Bones Win User

Connecting Playstation TV to Xbox One HDMI Output? will it work?

Might be a faulty HDMI cable though. Did you try using a different HDMI cable for the PS TV?
Thema:

Faulty HDMI detection?

1. Faulty HDMI detection? - Similar Threads - Faulty HDMI detection

2. Controller Faulty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Faulty: Hi I have an Xbox one Still in warranty I cant log a repair on a faulty controller Does anyone have a contact number in SA to phone for assistance 615bc4fe-3811-42e8-9967-523f18a3b2c7
  3. Can I reedem 2 faulty Apex coin buy?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I reedem 2 faulty Apex coin buy?: Hi, I just bought 2 Apex coin packs, 2 x 1 000 Apex coins. I thought I would recieve them on Origin but it seems I have bought it to my XBOX-account but we dont have XBOX only PC. Can this be...
  4. 2nd hand xbox in insider program (possibly faulty)

in XboX Insiders
    2nd hand xbox in insider program (possibly faulty): Hi All, Recently got an xbox one x second hand, which looks like it's in the insider program & I'm not sure if that's the cause of the issues I'm experiencing: The console keeps frequently...
  5. XBOX One Elite Controller - Stick Magnets faulty?

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One Elite Controller - Stick Magnets faulty?: I've got one of the launch controllers, the magnets to hold the sticks in are fine on the connection but rattle like mad when moving about, tested on a friends one and the balls of his sticks do...
  6. Faulty wired XBOX 360 controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Faulty wired XBOX 360 controller: I have an issue with my wired XBOX 306 controller where it keeps on disconnecting and reconnecting and sometimes it doesn't connect at all. This is my third xbox controller, two of them I've...
  7. My replacement controller is faulty, what do I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My replacement controller is faulty, what do I do?: I recently got back a replacement controller in the mail since my last one started having stick drifting problems, as basically every other controller I've had met the same fate. Paid about $20...
  8. Faulty Xbox one elite wireless cont

in XBoX on Consoles
    Faulty Xbox one elite wireless cont: Hi My son got this controller for his birthday last August and the RB button is no longer working, please can you advise how I get this fixed. Many thanks frances...
  9. Xbox One X bundled HDMI Cable is faulty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X bundled HDMI Cable is faulty: Hi, the HDMI bundled with my new Xbox One X is not working since the day of purchase. The TV does not detect the Xbox if connected with this bundled HDMI cable. I have tried to connect my...
  10. Xbox One - HDMI out port faulty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One - HDMI out port faulty: I am having problems with my xbox one HDMI out port being loose. I have tried 3 different HDMI cables to ensure it is not a faulty cable. With each cable, it has to be propped up to show video....