Feedback for issues with the new gamertag system

Discus and support Feedback for issues with the new gamertag system in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was excited to finally get away from my 12-year old chosen gamertag and get something better when I found out about the new gamertag system and a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DakotaW, Sep 26, 2019.

1. DakotaW
    DakotaW Guest

I was excited to finally get away from my 12-year old chosen gamertag and get something better when I found out about the new gamertag system and a free name change. When I went to the social.xbox.com website, I was very excited and immediately entered in
    my new gamertag and quickly clicked through the verification pages and finally hit confirm to change. When I went to my Xbox, I realized that my name wasn't correct. As I had entered in a special Latin character for my name and for whatever reason the new
    system doesn't allow for special characters on the Xbox. I immediately reached out to Xbox support to try and change my gamertag with no luck and them telling me that I would need to pay for a gamertag change and that next time I need to read the FAQ page.
    When I revisited the webpage there wasn't a link to the FAQ explaining that for some reason you can only have special characters appear in your gamertag on the website but not on your Xbox, which is the only place I wanted to see it with the special character.

My feedback is that please add the FAQ regarding these restrictions to the social.xbox.com website, and please make it more obvious that the special character won't appear on your Xbox. Normally if a special character is no longer allowed a warning will
    appear when you are entering it into the text field. It wasn't until a support agent walked me through where on the page it warns you, that I finally caught it. It wasn't obvious at all that you couldn't use special characters for the Xbox gamertag and now
    I used my one time free change on a gamertag that doesn't make sense without the Latin character. Please make this more obvious or please add Latin character support back to the Xbox.

:)

DakotaW, Sep 26, 2019
  2. xboxusr1
    xboxusr1 New Member
    I really link the new gamertag system, It's pretty nifty.

Feedback for issues with the new gamertag system [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    xboxusr1, Sep 27, 2019
  3. XS1CkSk1LLZX94 Win User

Very good write up I didnt know about this thanks for the information and good new about your gamer tag
  4. Xtrem Nitro Win User

For now you can only pay to change Gamertags Unfortunately
  5. DakotaW Win User

Thank you! Yeah, you've been able to use special characters for a while and that's why I thought you could use them with the new system. But yeah unless they change the lack of special characters on the Xbox, they need to make it more clear to those wanting
    to change their GT.
  6. playgirlkayls Win User

I didn't know that you couldn't use a special character so thank you for letting us know and i am sorry that this has happened to you
  7. LiThIuMxFaLcOn Win User

I think the new Gamertag system is interesting and am thankful that you don't have to change your gamertag.
Thema:

1. Feedback for issues with the new gamertag system - Similar Threads - Feedback issues gamertag

2. Xbox Events app feedback

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Events app feedback: [IMG] The app feels more like an advertisement than anything, there is a show in store button and add-ons listed for the game on the event page. I think the related products section should be...
  3. Feedback & XBOX Suggestions

in XBoX on Consoles
    Feedback & XBOX Suggestions: So we used to have this Link https://xboxideas.uservoice.com/ to post all our feedback and XBOX Suggestions on. Where do we post all ideas now since it seems that site has been removed if I'm...
  4. xbox one menu audio feedback

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one menu audio feedback: The xbox one menu sounds sometimes glitch out and give a never ending loud buzzing noise ("bazhzhzhzhzhzhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh") and the only way to stop it is to click the xbox button. This doesn't...
  5. Where Does Your Feedback Go?

in XboX Insiders
    Where Does Your Feedback Go?: [IMG] submitted by /u/XIPBot [link] [comments]
  6. as a member of the beta ring I am ready to give my feedback :) thank you very much for this...

in XboX Insiders
    as a member of the beta ring I am ready to give my feedback :) thank you very much for this...: [IMG] submitted by /u/J_U_R_4_S_S_l_C [link] [comments]
  7. clicking feedback issue on xbox app parties.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    clicking feedback issue on xbox app parties.: So Like many of my hardware failures with Xbox, (or Microsoft in general) Is that they come at unexpected times, and are unfixable! I have hope that somebody can help me however. Recently, my...
  8. Reputation is low, can't join multiplayer games. I think false feedback might be an issue.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Reputation is low, can't join multiplayer games. I think false feedback might be an issue.: I need help with my reputation score. I think people are sending in false reports on my account. So yesterday my reputation turned 'Bad' then today it turned to, 'avoid me'. I think someone on...
  9. skylanders portal causing feedback issue on headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    skylanders portal causing feedback issue on headset: Is anyone else having issues with using a headset while the skylanders trap team portal is plugged in at the same time? I have skylanders trap team and the Astros A40. Both devices are powered...
  10. Xbox One feedback/issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One feedback/issues: Hello all, I couldn't really find any place where I can post feedback. So, I guess I will post here. I recently have been having a very SLOW OS navigational and functional speeds. It took like...