File explorer and Microsoft edge app disappeared after a console update

Discus and support File explorer and Microsoft edge app disappeared after a console update in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I turn on my xbox I got a update at there was a e203 error message. I turn the Xbox off and unplugged it. I turned it back on the update successfully... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by IconicMaster1, Jul 16, 2019.

1. File explorer and Microsoft edge app disappeared after a console update

I turn on my xbox I got a update at there was a e203 error message. I turn the Xbox off and unplugged it. I turned it back on the update successfully went through. I wanted to go on the microsoft edge app I get a message saying try that again page could
    not be loaded please try again later and also for the file explorer app.

:)

IconicMaster1, Jul 16, 2019
  2. Mr Lucmult Win User

Please refer to this link on how you should fix the problem:

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/errors/error-code-e203

If you are having further problems, once the update has proceeded reinstalling the application may help. If not a factory reset may fix the issue.

If you do not know how to complete a factory reset, refer to this post:

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

If the problem still is a issue, contact Xbox Support
  3. IconicMaster1 Win User

Thanks for the help the Microsoft edge and file explorer are back.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi IconicMaster1,

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
    For those reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance.

Thank you again and have a great day!
  5. XBF Leo G Win User

Xbox one S

Hello ArnisLaktins,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We need a little more information to ensure that we provide the correct solution. Which type of files are you looking for within the Xbox One S? Are you referring to the Internet Explorer application? Are you
    looking for an application that replaced Internet Explorer? The console used to use Internet Explorer, but that application has been changed to

Microsoft Edge
    . Microsoft Edge is the updated Microsoft browser. If you go the games & apps list and look at the apps, you will see Microsoft Edge there. Be sure to let us know the results!
  6. JesperHolmberg Win User

File Explorer on Xbox One

The File Explorer app on XBox comes preinstalled and isn't updated through the store. It wasn't removed from the store; it was never there in the first place.*

I don't know of any supported way to uninstall it. If anyone has any idea of how it got disappeared, I'd very interested.

Meanwhile, if you find it missing, could you try this and let me know how it works?

- Start Edge

- Open the ... menu and open Settings

- On the General page, Scroll down to Downloads and hit the Change button

This should open the File Picker app in folder picker mode, in which File Explorer ought to be hosted. You should be able to browse folders in This Device, create a new folder under Downloads, etc.

I'd love to know if this works even if you don't see File Explorer under All Apps - it'd help us figure out what might be going on.

Thanks,

Jesper

* Source: I work at Microsoft and my team maintains File Explorer and File Picker on Xbox.
Thema:

1. File explorer and Microsoft edge app disappeared after a console update - Similar Threads - File explorer Microsoft

2. I need the files I saved on my XBox One Internal drive with file explorer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need the files I saved on my XBox One Internal drive with file explorer: Im probably in a minority however.... Because using MS Edge on XBox One (Can view on 55 inch screen and zoom functionality in Edge performs much better than on my Surface) is much easier for me...
  3. EXPLORADOR DE ARCHIVOS [Mod Translation - FILE EXPLORER]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    EXPLORADOR DE ARCHIVOS [Mod Translation - FILE EXPLORER]: MUCHACHOS (A) PÚBLICO EN GENERAL USUARIOS DE XBOX NOS HAN BORRADO LA APLICACIÓN EXPLORADOR DE ARCHIVOS ENTIENDO QUE ALGUNOS NO LA USABAN PERO NO ERA NECESARIOS QUE ESTOS SEÑORES DE XBOX LA...
  4. File Explorer

in XBoX on Consoles
    File Explorer: I'm sorry if this has been addressed in previous threads but can someone please tell me WHY IN THE NAME OF ALL THINGS USEFUL has the File Explorer app been removed from Xbox One??? And how do I...
  5. bring back file explorer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    bring back file explorer: it was a bad idea to take away file explorer. pls bring it back I am really sad :( aa8f9725-6d34-4f27-b0d8-1c1d8e718064
  6. Fix file explorer please

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fix file explorer please: I really don't understand why you all couldn't just fix the app instead of just getting rid of it i have over a 100 back round pics and gamer profile pictures that i can't use. More then 1000000...
  7. File explorer data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    File explorer data: Now that the File explorer app is gone is it possible to transfer the downloaded files that you had on it to an external storage device or is that data gone for good? I've heard that you can still...
  8. File Explorer on Xbox One

in XBoX Accessibility
    File Explorer on Xbox One: My file explorer has been gone and I want custom wallpapers. How can I fix this? 0e92f2d7-8f31-4b98-a039-1d660fac4136
  9. PLEASE MICROSOFT PLEASE: BRING BACK THE XBOX FILE EXPLORER

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PLEASE MICROSOFT PLEASE: BRING BACK THE XBOX FILE EXPLORER: Without the File Explorer has become impossible to delete/edit any file on USB drives or the internal drive. This app was essential to execute those task for me as it was for many other user. So...
  10. Can Microsoft allow File Explorer to support mcpack file addons for Minecraft?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can Microsoft allow File Explorer to support mcpack file addons for Minecraft?: On PC and Mobile devices the Minecraft app from the Microsoft store supports mcpack addons, You can download recource packs and behavior packs together direcltly into the game Itself. Minecraft...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox file explorer disappeared after a update