File limit on XB1 with External HDD

Discus and support File limit on XB1 with External HDD in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm using an external HDD for media/movies on XB1. But it only shows half of the files on the drive. Is there a limit to the number of files? I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DunnyEdith, May 24, 2022.

1. DunnyEdith
    DunnyEdith Guest

I'm using an external HDD for media/movies on XB1. But it only shows half of the files on the drive. Is there a limit to the number of files?

I couldn't find any info on this. Thank you.

:)

DunnyEdith, May 24, 2022
  2. Farscape247 Win User

i have an 8TB harddrive attached to an original xbox one with over 45000 music tracks and 3000 films and countless photos. so i would say not. which app are you using to play the files, try vlc player.
  3. BiONikOHeRTz Win User

Is there a limit to number of files on HDD with XBOX One

Hi Jim!
    There's no limit for the number of files, I also have an external HDD connected and I see everything there's loaded (we are talking about files supported by Xbox) ;)
  4. x24hrs2livex Win User
  5. Fly07 Win User

Instant On features haven't worked in over a year, can anyone help me get it working again???

Plus my over 100 XBLA games that I can't play anymore on xb1, and I have 72 games on my xb1 between internal and external HDD. Before anyone suggests it....these features stopped working long before I got an external hdd, lol.
  6. Endgamez Win User

Gamestop emplorer mention that you have to be gold at all times on xbox one, I bet it's not true.

The XB1 will fully support up to 3TB of external HDD, though. There's no need for a removable internal drive.
Thema:

1. File limit on XB1 with External HDD - Similar Threads - File limit XB1

2. Xbox account is it possible to move save files?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox account is it possible to move save files?: Hi! My 13-year old son has been playing xbox many years at my xbox account. Now I finaly made an account for him. Many games for example jurassic world evolution 2, he has played at my account....
  3. Unable to view my onedrive files from xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to view my onedrive files from xbox: Hi Experts, I have a bunch of movies and songs in my onedrive storage which i would love to listen from my xbox. I know this is such a trivial thing, but i have grown to expect from microsoft...
  4. Unknown file version Anti Cheat issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unknown file version Anti Cheat issue: Microsoft appears unwilling to actually help resolve issues anymore. So here I am. My Master Chief Collection has been experiencing major issues. From downloading all the games yet not being able...
  5. Windows Defender blocking my save files

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows Defender blocking my save files: Hi, hoping someone can help me. Previously when Windows has blocked saved files from being created it has been easy to click the pop-up and permit access to the folder in Windows Security....
  6. Accessing Files on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Accessing Files on Xbox Series X: Hey guys, I'm wanting to download some mod files for Minecraft, I've done this a ton and know how, but I can't find where to access my "local files" folder so I can get into the MC data packs to...
  7. Is there a limit to number of files on HDD with XBOX One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a limit to number of files on HDD with XBOX One: I'm using an external HDD for media/movies on XB1. But it only shows half of the files on the drive. Is there a limit to the number of files? I couldn't find any info on this. Thank you. Jim...
  8. File explorer is removed from Xbox One due to limited usage. How can I change my custom...

in XboX Insiders
    File explorer is removed from Xbox One due to limited usage. How can I change my custom...: [IMG] submitted by /u/jstep32x [link] [comments]
  9. Is there a limit to how much you can store on your xbox via the file explorer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a limit to how much you can store on your xbox via the file explorer: So I was transferring the entire series of The Flash to my xbox which is 30.3 gigabytes all together but i ran into a wall when a message popped up saying to free some space on U:/ and try again....
  10. Upload Studio - file capacity limit reached

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Upload Studio - file capacity limit reached: I currently have approximately 200+ screenshots and several dozen clips. I am getting a message that it won't save my newest stuff because I have reached some kind of limit as to the number of...