File System Error (-2143322098) when launching Gears of War 5.

Discus and support File System Error (-2143322098) when launching Gears of War 5. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; The game was working fine last night. I had a windows update when i shut down my computer and today I get a File System Error (-2143322098). This is an... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by JayCapo, Sep 13, 2019.

1. JayCapo
    JayCapo Guest

The game was working fine last night. I had a windows update when i shut down my computer and today I get a File System Error (-2143322098). This is an image of the error box that appears:

File System Error (-2143322098) when launching Gears of War 5. [​IMG]

Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you.

:)

JayCapo, Sep 13, 2019
  2. JayCapo Win User

I tried searching the internet to see if someone had posted this issue but did not find anything. A general solution for File System Errors though was to uninstall the App/Game and then reinstall. I know that is probably not ideal but I did not
    see other solutions out there for File System Errors.
    Thanks, I am reinstalling and will post back with the results.
  3. darkist1 Win User

Did you work out the issue?

Was the only solution available for you to reinstall the game? or could the cache have been cleared and maybe that would have resolved it?

I cant seem to find any other solutions to this error code.
  4. XBF Javier R Win User

Hello Jay,

We thank you for bringing this inquiry to our forums community, and understand that this involves an inability to launch and play Gears 5 on your Windows 10 PC.

Our suggestion here, please attempt to follow our troubleshoot gameplay issues on Windows 10 support
    article. Try this out for us and then let us know the results.

Best wishes!
  5. JayCapo Win User

Hey, reinstalling the game resolved my issue. Thanks once again!
  6. skylaar Win User

I tried searching the internet to see if someone had posted this issue but did not find anything. A general solution for File System Errors though was to uninstall the App/Game and then reinstall. I know that is probably not ideal but I did not see other
    solutions out there for File System Errors.
Thema:

1. File System Error (-2143322098) when launching Gears of War 5. - Similar Threads - File System Error

2. release_xbox_dev_1910.190829-1945 - System Update (X:) files needed!

in XboX Insiders
    release_xbox_dev_1910.190829-1945 - System Update (X:) files needed!: Help, I've bricked my Xbox one X system today and I am stuck on the troubleshooting menu. My update files have been removed from the HDD and I am unable to redownload them directly from the Xbox....
  3. Would like MS to consider updating OSU1 files to correspond with the current system update...

in XboX Insiders
    Would like MS to consider updating OSU1 files to correspond with the current system update...: I'm a regular Xbox One user (not insider). I hope that MS will continue to update their OSU1 files to correspond with the current system update release because some of us just can't update the OS...
  4. Cannot sign into console companion "system cannot find the file specified"

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot sign into console companion "system cannot find the file specified": After Entering my account into console compainion and pressing let's play, I get "we were unable to sign you into Xbox Live" with the error "system cannot find the file specified" i updated to the...
  5. File System Error (-2015294512) when starting games from Xbox Game Pass PC App

in XBoX on Windows
    File System Error (-2015294512) when starting games from Xbox Game Pass PC App: Hello. I was able to play one game successfully so far with the new Xbox beta Game Pass PC App. Every other game I've been able to install but when I try to launch and play them I get that File...
  6. Insiders and Offline System Updates (OSU) files

in XBoX on Consoles
    Insiders and Offline System Updates (OSU) files: OSU files are not compatible with members enrolled in the Insiders preview program. They are only for public build release. If a factory reset does not work more than likely you have a hardware...
  7. Miss use of the file complaint system

in XBoX on Consoles
    Miss use of the file complaint system: I apologize in advance if I'm not allowed to post this,But you never know unless you try. I was recently coms banned for 2 weeks for sharing a video of 1v1 to a club that literally in the...
  8. “Exfat file system” blue screen. While playing Forza 7

in XBoX on Windows
    “Exfat file system” blue screen. While playing Forza 7: hello I am using a Samsung odyssey Z laptop with a nv1060 and i7 with 16GB of ram. Now forza recently added in a unlocked framerate and I've been using it and maybe had a crash or two but its...
  9. WHERE DO I FIND THE XBOX ONE SYSTEM UPDATE FILE TO UPDATE OFFLINE

in XBoX on Consoles
    WHERE DO I FIND THE XBOX ONE SYSTEM UPDATE FILE TO UPDATE OFFLINE: CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE TO FIND AND DOWNLOAD THE XBOX ONE SYSTEM UPDATE FILE SO THAT I CAN TRY UPDATEING IT OFFLINE. AT THE MOMENT IT IS STUCK AT 55% AND WONT CONTINUE. ALL I ASK IS FOR SOMEONE...
  10. E200 error. Can't find the correct download page of offline system update file.

in XBoX on Consoles
    E200 error. Can't find the correct download page of offline system update file.: E200 error. Can't find the correct download page of offline system update file. Tried visiting the link"http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xboxone/osu1", but was told "ooops, what happened to this page?"...