File system error when launching games from game pass on PC

Discus and support File system error when launching games from game pass on PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, when I try to launch a game from the game pass on PC, I keep getting a file system error. This happens for every game that I've tried so far.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Thomas7272, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Thomas7272
    Thomas7272 Guest

Hi, when I try to launch a game from the game pass on PC, I keep getting a file system error. This happens for every game that I've tried so far.

File system error when launching games from game pass on PC [​IMG]

Very frustrating as I've been trying to play these games for a couple days now with no luck. Any help is appreciated.

:)

Thomas7272, Nov 26, 2021
  2. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. Given the problem you are having, I suggest you try the solutions suggested by one of the volunteer moderators here in the community, these procedures can be found through the thread below.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

- If none of the above solutions solve the problem, please try the alternatives below.

Make sure your windows are updated to the latest version, whether it's windows 10 or 11.

Make sure you have your account logged in to the Microsoft Store and also the Xbox app, both must be the same.

I also suggest that you try to use I suggest the Windows corrupt file recovery tool, to do this you must follow the instructions contained and arranged by Microsoft in the article below.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...em-files-79aa86cb-ca52-166a-92a3-966e85d4094e

- If the problem still persists, try to reinstall your windows, for that follow the instructions below.

Download the Create Windows 10 installation media application from the link below, at the end of the download run the application, and then follow the instructions given by the program at the end click on upgrade. Rest assured none of your files will be lost, this is a system restore that will try to fix this error.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

- If your system is windows 11, below is its link.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

*Thank you in advance for contacting the community, I hope this can help you.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Installation von Spielen auf alter Festplatte in neuem PC?[Installation of games on an old hard drive in a new PC?]

Hi Nott,

Thanks for the reply. This is a difficult one as the old hard drive has files from the entire system of the old PC. This could mean the error is system files, game files or any other ones. The game pass folder are not accessible as they are for games you
    technically do not own. As you get them through game pass. Is the old hard drive a secondary one or the primary? As the best thing would be to reformat the drive so it would match the new PC.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. MateusFontana Win User

File System error -2015294512 when launching games

If the above procedure didn't solve the problem, I'm afraid it's something more serious and you'd need to do a clean reinstallation of your system without keeping any applications or settings, so I suggest you backup your personal files.

Normally the tool above would solve the problem, since it didn't work, only a clean reinstallation of windows can solve the problem.
  5. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community, and we're sorry you're having this issue. Before we try any different solutions, make sure your windows is up to date to the latest version by following the instructions below.

Select the Start button and then go to Settings > Update and Security > Windows Update.

- If there are no updates to be made, or if the problem persists while updating the site, please proceed with the solutions listed in the article below. These are not official Microsoft solutions, but they can help you resolve the error.

https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-error-code-0x87e...

*Thank you in advance for contacting, I hope this can help you.
  6. LillithSmith Win User

Unfortunately I have already tried those options and they did not resolve my issue.
Thema:

1. File system error when launching games from game pass on PC - Similar Threads - File system error

2. file system error -2143322101 in Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    file system error -2143322101 in Forza Horizon 5: Ive been getting this error as of today when I try to boot the game. Its worked on this device previously, so I dont know the issue. The only thing differently is that I last launched the game on...
  3. File System error -2015294512 when launching games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    File System error -2015294512 when launching games: Whenever I try to launch a game on the game pass, I get a file system error, nothing happens, or I get a message that says "Forager is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are...
  4. File system error (-2143322101) when trying to play Game Pass games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    File system error (-2143322101) when trying to play Game Pass games.: I started the month trial for Xbox Games Pass today and installed 'Project Winter' and am unable to boot the game as the error attached keeps happening. I have read in other threads this may be...
  5. File System Error (-2015294512)

in XBoX on Windows
    File System Error (-2015294512): Help, just help, the old forum has not helped me at all. i have been at this for several hours, and i have talked to customer service twice. still not able to play any of my xbox games on game...
  6. SYSTEM ERROR - so i downloaded the file on a USB drive and right its plugged in my xbox but...

in XboX Insiders
    SYSTEM ERROR - so i downloaded the file on a USB drive and right its plugged in my xbox but...: [IMG] submitted by /u/elyot-ferguson [link] [comments]
  7. When i try start some games an error comes up saying "File system error (-1069586941)

in XBoX on Windows
    When i try start some games an error comes up saying "File system error (-1069586941): When i try to launch fallout 76 or no man´s sky an error pops up saying "File system error (-1069586941) but it doesnt appear on some games. I have tried deleting both of them and downloading them...
  8. Error "we couldn't sign you into xbox live The system cannot find the file specificied"

in XBoX on Windows
    Error "we couldn't sign you into xbox live The system cannot find the file specificied": I am trying to log in but I get this error message "we couldn't sign you into Xbox live The system cannot find the file specified " How do I fix this? 2e9da0f6-0810-42f4-9bf6-a95892608827
  9. Error 0x80070780 - The file cannot be accessed by the system. How can I delete this folder?

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x80070780 - The file cannot be accessed by the system. How can I delete this folder?: I tried installing the game "A Plague Tale: Innocence - Windows 10". It had some issues installing so I started digging into it and went to the c:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder to try to delete...
  10. Outer worlds wont run - File system error

in XBoX on Windows
    Outer worlds wont run - File system error: I cannot get my games to run. Even after following the usual restarting and resetting updating and faffing about that is the windows experience. It shouldn't be this hard. And adding to the...