File Transfer tool is broken

Discus and support File Transfer tool is broken in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Any time I start the a file transfer in Settings > Storage > File Transfer the app hangs and then triggers the console to shutdown and restart. I have... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/acey376, Nov 7, 2019 at 5:53 PM.

1. /u/acey376
    /u/acey376 Guest

Any time I start the a file transfer in Settings > Storage > File Transfer the app hangs and then triggers the console to shutdown and restart. I have tried multiple external drives and the internal drive as well all cause a restart after about 30 seconds.

How do I submit feedback on this issue. I can’t even Submit Feedback while holding the nexus button to work because the console restarts. Should I file it as soon as the console reboots? I hope this gets fixed soon. I have a lot of files to move to my external drive and one by one transfers in My Games and Apps are very slow and tedious.

submitted by /u/acey376
    [link] [comments]

2. Smwutches Win User

Transferring files from one External hdd for Xbox 360 onto pc?

Unfortunately it sounds like the hard drive is going bad. It happens sometimes. You would have to try using a data transfer cable to see if it will transfer your files from the old one to a new one, but if it's broken that may not work.

Xbox files are not meant to be seen on the PC. So it is a violation of the terms of service to transfer files to a PC and vice versa.
  3. SUPERHEAVYDOODY Win User

Transferring/downloading Minecraft maps

Hi! Yes it is fine to download and share maps. You will not get banned as it is not against any rules in the Code of Conduct. Well as long as the world is not modded. But to download or share maps you need to have a save of that map and transfer it to your
    profile via modding tool. This is not considered modding by merely using a tool to transfer worlds! You will need a USB, A computer on which you can store files and the tool to complete the transfer. What a lot of people use is Horizon and/or Modio.

COD3 red quote, XBL Ambassador.Concern+Question thread, by SlyRam,Minecraft forum.
  4. Tatakai no Kami Win User

Why does everyone find the Mass Effect series so appealing?

I wonder if the save game transference tool will have the same issue as the last one? Where if you have a different console to the one you originally played on, it won't recognize the save game files.
  5. Smwutches Win User

License Transfer Tool

Call support again and explain what happened to see if they can do another license transfer for you.
  6. Irixion Win User

Guitar Hero 5 Damaged Content package.

You must be signed into Xbox Live. Secondly, you need to transfer your license files over. GH can't tell you you need to sign in. It just says everything is broken.
Thema:

1. File Transfer tool is broken - Similar Threads - File Transfer tool

2. Xbox won't transfer files on external drive, want to move data to another

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't transfer files on external drive, want to move data to another: I've been stuck for a few months with a hard drive containing a number of games (older saves or otherwise lesser played games that I keep off the main console to save space) not being able to...
  3. Transfering files to get past large downloads

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfering files to get past large downloads: If I transfer a game from my hard drive to my friends, can he play the game on his xbox if he owns it? I am trying to circumvent large downloads. 3fcc0ab8-1699-45d4-b23d-50a13da1c8d8
  4. Saved game files not transferring between Xbox one's consoles

in XBoX Accessibility
    Saved game files not transferring between Xbox one's consoles: I have an external hard drive where I have installed all my games that I will occasionally take to a friend's house. I was playing the 360 Oblivion on my Xbox One and got a good 30 hours into the...
  5. Is it possible to transfer save files to a different account (XB1)?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to transfer save files to a different account (XB1)?: Hi, The way my accounts are set up is weird. My parents account is what i play on the most, with all of my save data on it. However i have been told that i cant use that account any more, and I...
  6. Transfer files Forza Horizon 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfer files Forza Horizon 3: Hello, Is it possible to transfer Forza Horizon 3 files to another computer without having to download again? My friend recently bought this game, but has a slow internet connection and will...
  7. File corrupt after transfer to new memory card

in XBoX on Consoles
    File corrupt after transfer to new memory card: I have original Xbox 360. Every time I try to transfer from my original memory card 64mb to my new Microsoft 512mb memory card my saved games say corrupt file. Anyone know how I can get them there...
  8. Update Requests- Ability to transfer saved game files

in XBoX on Consoles
    Update Requests- Ability to transfer saved game files: One thing that I would love to see in an upcoming update to Xbox One is the ability to transfer save files to external storage. Right now, there is an option to do so but it seems to be broken...
  9. Original Xbox 360 file transfer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox 360 file transfer: I have an Original Xbox 360, I want to replace HDD with larger capacity drive, I have the transfer cable, the newer drive, but I need the software disc that should have accompanied the cable. it...
  10. File transfer to external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    File transfer to external hard drive: Hi all, I have an external drive hooked up to xbox one - is there a way to transfer files to it via network? the only way i can do it at moment is unplug it and hook it to pc, but it would be...