Films app won’t play my rented movie

Discus and support Films app won’t play my rented movie in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Films app won’t play the movie I’ve just rented 0332628b-7217-4594-b5fe-de60a430965a Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MumInnes, Feb 22, 2020.

1. MumInnes
    MumInnes Guest

Films app won’t play the movie I’ve just rented

:)

MumInnes, Feb 22, 2020
  2. Whiteleaf2012 Win User

We need more info on what exactly is happening here.

I have an issue where every single time I buy or rent a movie and then click on the 'play in movies' button the movie won't actually play. I have to manually start the movies app and go to my purchased tab and then it plays fine.

Let us know if this solves your issue or give us more details, please ;)
  3. MumInnes Win User

The Films app is working and playing trailers fine, but when i go to play the movie i rented (Abonimable), it comes up with error 0xc101ab66. I have tried everything from reinstalling the app, redoing profile, turning console off but nothing.
  4. jozy Win User

Not working off my laptop or Xbox one. Get error code Oxc101ab66 for both.

I've tried everything it suggests in trouble shooting:

Apps are up to date

No duplicates of app

Looked at Xbox live service, does not seem to be an issue

Uninstalled and reinstalled app

Deleted and re-registered my profile

Still the same error :(

And when I try talk to customer service, it won't let me talk to a living person. :(
  5. CYA007 Win User

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with the movie.

I would suggest you to contact

Xbox Support, they should be able to help you. Thank you for using the forum.
  6. Wadski Win User

There are quite a few posts and tweets with the same issue.

whilst there is nothing on the service status page, i suspect there isma background issue and it isnt a faukt at your side.
Thema:

1. Films app won’t play my rented movie - Similar Threads - Films app won’t

2. Films & tv app not loading..

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Films & tv app not loading..: When i open the app it just constantly loads but nothing appears (left it for 10 mins) but nothing populates the page, my purchases have also vanished and if i search for them it says nothing...
  3. Installation application films et tv sur xbox one [Installing apps and tv on xbox one]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installation application films et tv sur xbox one [Installing apps and tv on xbox one]: Bonjour Il met impossible de telecharger l'application depuis le store lorsque je selectione l'onglet télécharger le son s active mais rien ne ce passe quelqu'un aurait t-il la solution...
  4. Xbox one crashes when trying to watch movies on the Film & TV app or Netflix

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one crashes when trying to watch movies on the Film & TV app or Netflix: I hope someone can help, but basically the issue is on both apps and probably others too.. Whenever I try to launch Netflix on my xbox it loads for approximately 10 seconds and then begins a...
  5. cant watch moives tv show on Films & TV APP

in XBoX on Consoles
    cant watch moives tv show on Films & TV APP: I can load app and then go through play list but one I select the movie / TV show it jumps to a screen which say "Can't play Can't perfom the requested action because acess requires a user...
  6. Films and tv app not playing my movies

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Films and tv app not playing my movies: I am signed into my xbox account but when i try to play a movie i've purchased it says i need to put in a password and username but nowhere to enter them into. 889fc932-c0d7-49d6-986b-39d0ec5c15e4
  7. App “Film and tv” problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    App “Film and tv” problem: The Movie and TV app no longer reproduces the content purchased if I access the play or restart or resume button (the trailer is played without problems). The message "for this operation you must...
  8. Film und TV app [Translate] Film und TV app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Film und TV app [Translate] Film und TV app: Bei mir Funktioniert die Film & Tv app nicht . Es lassen sich keine Filme oder Serien abspielen . Die Seite bleibt schwarz und nach ein paar Sekunden kommt ein Fehlercode mit später erneut...
  9. FILM&TV App doesn’t play movie

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FILM&TV App doesn’t play movie: Hi all the app to FILM&TV to play movie doesn’t work properly because it doesn’t allow me to reproduce the movie I've bought . the first time you try to launch the movie an error appears :...
  10. App "Filmes e TV": Fimes congelam no Xbox. Não rodam no PC [Mod Translated-App "Movies and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    App "Filmes e TV": Fimes congelam no Xbox. Não rodam no PC [Mod Translated-App "Movies and...: Aluguei filmes pelo app Filmes e TV no XBox 360. Mas os filmes congelam. Tentei assistir pelo PC, mas recebo o código de erro 0xc33607e3. No Xbox já realizei todo o tipo de troubleshooting...