Films & TV app problem on Xbox One X

Discus and support Films & TV app problem on Xbox One X in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought Batman 4K today on the Film & TV app which I use on my Xbox One X. When I stop play and then try to resume, there is no audio and the video... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Woodnott JW, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Woodnott JW
    Woodnott JW Guest

I bought Batman 4K today on the Film & TV app which I use on my Xbox One X.

When I stop play and then try to resume, there is no audio and the video appears slightly sped up, as if it's in fast forward. When I rewind past the original point of resume and then press play, it buffers and then crashes and the following code is displayed
    which I can't find any reference for: 0x000005b4.

If I restart the film, no problem. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app etc etc but no joy.

:)

Woodnott JW, Jul 9, 2019
  2. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there
    Woodnott JW

Thanks for reaching out to the Community for advice on how to hopefully resolve what you're experiencing with your Movie & TV app.

I understand how this could be kind of irksome. If neither powercycling the console or uninstalling the app, then I would suggest trying what we call a soft factory reset of the console. It's a reset of the console to factory defaults that does not uninstall
    any of your apps or games. Once you have checked that your connection is good, and you have made sure that you know the sign in information for all of your accounts, try following the steps outlined in How
    to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One
    and select the option denoted reset and keep my games & apps.

When you get a chance, give those steps a shot and let us know how that helped.

Thanks!
  3. Woodnott JW Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
    Hi. Thanks for the advice. Tried it. Unfortunately the exact same problem remains.
  4. {Parity} Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
  5. Woodnott JW Win User

Hi

Thanks for the response.

I spent about an hour chatting to two members of the support team via the chat interface. Soft reset, hard reset, offline update, uninstall / reinstall profile - I think everything was covered but in the end, a solution couldn't be found other than a recommendation
    to request a refund which I did. A shame really as it wasn't the outcome I wanted.

On reflection, I think this error may have more to do with broadband speeds that anything else. My fibre speed is around the 30 - 35 mbps and I think for 4K, 25 is required though 50 is recommended.

This 4K film was my first purchase though I had a Halo documentary in HD that I had forgotten about which was added to my account and there were not the same problem with this.

Guess I need higher speed broadband however, as I don't think it's available in my area i'll have to stick with discs.

Is there a error code to reflect low broadband speeds? I don't know but it could reduce the time spent trying everything else under the sun!!

Thanks for the advice
  6. MACCA 666MC Win User

App “Film and tv” problem

Dont believe the hype, dont bother in trying to follow any procedures recommended by these moderators as they dont work. You can get an appointment with the support team but they wont be able to help you either. There is nothing wrong with your xbox or
    your router or your account . The problem is with the update that xbox instigated. Many people have had the same issue as you have had for over a week now, just go and look at older posts on this forum. I thought that the problem was fixed but it isnt , i
    just got to watch 15 mins of a film i purchased 4 days ago and then i got the same old error msg of 0x800c000b. This has got past laughable and i hope that someone soon takes out a class action lawsuit out against microsoft for peddeling a faulty product.
Thema:

1. Films & TV app problem on Xbox One X - Similar Threads - Films app problem

2. Installation application films et tv sur xbox one [Installing apps and tv on xbox one]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installation application films et tv sur xbox one [Installing apps and tv on xbox one]: Bonjour Il met impossible de telecharger l'application depuis le store lorsque je selectione l'onglet télécharger le son s active mais rien ne ce passe quelqu'un aurait t-il la solution...
  3. Xbox one crashes when trying to watch movies on the Film & TV app or Netflix

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one crashes when trying to watch movies on the Film & TV app or Netflix: I hope someone can help, but basically the issue is on both apps and probably others too.. Whenever I try to launch Netflix on my xbox it loads for approximately 10 seconds and then begins a...
  4. cant watch moives tv show on Films & TV APP

in XBoX on Consoles
    cant watch moives tv show on Films & TV APP: I can load app and then go through play list but one I select the movie / TV show it jumps to a screen which say "Can't play Can't perfom the requested action because acess requires a user...
  5. Films and tv app not playing my movies

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Films and tv app not playing my movies: I am signed into my xbox account but when i try to play a movie i've purchased it says i need to put in a password and username but nowhere to enter them into. 889fc932-c0d7-49d6-986b-39d0ec5c15e4
  6. App “Film and tv” problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    App “Film and tv” problem: The Movie and TV app no longer reproduces the content purchased if I access the play or restart or resume button (the trailer is played without problems). The message "for this operation you must...
  7. Film und TV app [Translate] Film und TV app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Film und TV app [Translate] Film und TV app: Bei mir Funktioniert die Film & Tv app nicht . Es lassen sich keine Filme oder Serien abspielen . Die Seite bleibt schwarz und nach ein paar Sekunden kommt ein Fehlercode mit später erneut...
  8. FILM&TV App doesn’t play movie

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FILM&TV App doesn’t play movie: Hi all the app to FILM&TV to play movie doesn’t work properly because it doesn’t allow me to reproduce the movie I've bought . the first time you try to launch the movie an error appears :...
  9. App "Filmes e TV": Fimes congelam no Xbox. Não rodam no PC [Mod Translated-App "Movies and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    App "Filmes e TV": Fimes congelam no Xbox. Não rodam no PC [Mod Translated-App "Movies and...: Aluguei filmes pelo app Filmes e TV no XBox 360. Mas os filmes congelam. Tentei assistir pelo PC, mas recebo o código de erro 0xc33607e3. No Xbox já realizei todo o tipo de troubleshooting...
  10. Missing episode Microsoft Film and Tv app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Missing episode Microsoft Film and Tv app: I am missing episode 9 of the Orville season 2. Episode 10 is available as is all the ones prior to 9. Any ideas? I have tried restoring my purchases on all devices (xbox and windows pc)....