Finally replaced broken xbox one OG HDD and got offline update to work. Here's how I did it!

Discus and support Finally replaced broken xbox one OG HDD and got offline update to work. Here's how I did it! in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I recently obtained a broken xbox and wanted to try to fix it. I flashed the drive. nothing! tried offline update. Nothing! But I finally got it... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Artistic_Expert_2411, Aug 24, 2021.

1. Finally replaced broken xbox one OG HDD and got offline update to work. Here's how I did it!

I recently obtained a broken xbox and wanted to try to fix it. I flashed the drive. nothing! tried offline update. Nothing! But I finally got it figured out after combining results from multiple locations for information.

So first thing that needed done was to partition the new drive 5 ways. I used windows powershell and everything from this page following instructions to the letter... https://consoletherapy.com/support/how-to-replace-xbox-one-hard-drive/

But the offline updates and system factory resets still failed. So I went on to just searching on Google for an image of the file system on a ready to install hard drive.

What I found was that the entire osu2 file (in raw form not in $system update folder) was actually in the system update folder in 2 separate files labeled: A And another file labeled: B (not in system update 2 just the original system update folder)

So open that drive after partition and now download and extract the entire contents of osu2 file set then open the $System Update folder and copy everything inside into both folders A and B and from osu1 folder copy just the Updater.xcv file to your root folder underneath folders A and B.

I'd recommend if this is a new drive replacement that you also download the bootanim.dat file and extract that file also into both folders A and B.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BZIqxIrfhszXLBml8Qj2j4b_JNHum_jg/view?usp=sharing

Now get a flash drive (at least 8gb) and format it into NTSF format and now extract osu1 onto flash drive.

When that's finished reinsert the hard drive into (unplugged and powerless) xbox one console but DO NOT TURN ON CONSOLE YET!

Now insert flash drive into the USB port on back of console.

Plug in all cables except internet.

Hold the controller pair button and eject buttons and press and hold the power button on console. Keep holding.

You'll hear 1 chime when it first registers your touch. Another 1 after a couple seconds and light on button turns on One more and screen starts loading and finally......one more chime and it will pop up.... PREPARING YOUR CONSOLE

(Note: the chimes are important one is to turn it on second is to bring up troubleshooting menu third is to say it found an offline update on flash drive and fourth one mounts the flash drive files to update and this is important to complete the procedure)

you can let go of buttons now.

As soon as it completes that screen and shows the update being installed you can now plug in your ethernet cable as you'll have another update to download but if all goes well when it's done you should be looking at the setup your console screen when update completes.

I hope I helped some of you fix your issues and please note this was performed for an xbox one OG so it may be slightly different for the xbox one series s/x.

Here are the direct links to the files you'll need.

Offline update files from microsoft: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help.../system-update-solution/offline-system-update (For these in my method ignore all instructions and download osu1 and osu2 but using their guide as a solution keeps failing me so my way just bypasses it. But if you need to use the guide to get info for a different console I'm sure my method can be applied to most OS versions as Long as osu² and osu¹ files are most current files.

Command prompt/powershell scripts and instructions for partitioning drive: https://gbatemp.net/download/xbox-o...nternal-hard-drive-partitioning-script.34239/

Boot animation file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BZIqxIrfhszXLBml8Qj2j4b_JNHum_jg/view?usp=sharing

Special thanks to console therapy for their guide (https://consoletherapy.com/support/how-to-replace-xbox-one-hard-drive/) as well as microsoft for there's (https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help.../system-update-solution/offline-system-update) Utilizing both guides got me a functional xbox one after I figured out that the microsoft way only failed because drive need to have OSU2 files before installing it.

If I helped you with your issue please comment below. If I didn't I'm sorry I'm just yet another failed step on your long tedious journey to hard drive self repair. But please feel free to still Comment below.

submitted by /u/Artistic_Expert_2411
    [link] [comments]

/u/Artistic_Expert_2411, Aug 24, 2021
  2. khaos64 Win User

XBOX UPDATE STUCK ON "Preparing console" HELP

3. GreyPilgrim-CE541714 Win User

broken hard drive

Hey shipmaster, well as you know its a HDD error. It can be caused by one of two things that I'm aware of.

1, Your HDD is broken.

2, The port connecting the HDD to the console is broken.

If you remove the HDD does the console run OK?

Do you have a friend with a 360?, and if you do would they let you borrow their HDD to see if that's the issue.

If their HDD works fine then you know its your HDD that's broken. But if their HDD doesn't work either you know the console will need a repair/service.

I did this when I got this error, because I did not want to go out and buy a new HDD when that may not have been the problem.

Its something to try anyway.

4. JPOTTER5619 Win User

MW3 Bad disks! What to do?

5. pa1blo Win User

Xbox one Original Wont boot stuck on Preparing Xbox with progress bar at 0%

6. Negan iz Back Win User

Xbox October System Update Bricked my console

Exactly man. Ridiculous that a 500€ console can't handle a 700MB update.

I got an OG Xbox as a replacement while I send it away, a USED ONE and it updated no problem, although it got frozen during the update but after a restart it worked properly. hahahaha

At least I still have warranty on this one.

But if you check, one of them was talking about out of warranty repair ... on a console that came out less than a year ago. hahaha
Thema:

Finally replaced broken xbox one OG HDD and got offline update to work. Here's how I did it!

1. Finally replaced broken xbox one OG HDD and got offline update to work. Here's how I did it! - Similar Threads - Finally replaced broken

2. Final Fantasy 13 on Game Pass PC Controls

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Final Fantasy 13 on Game Pass PC Controls: SO I tried launching into FF13 on my PC, and noticed almost immediately that the actual controls for certain buttons did not match up with the onscreen prompts. I.E the start menu has been mapped...
  3. Final Fantasy XIII PC won't launch

in XBoX on Windows
    Final Fantasy XIII PC won't launch: I downloaded the game but after installing it won't launch. I only hear the first two notes of the piano from the main title screen and nothing happens.
  4. Final Fantasy XIII on xbox game pass win10 pc can't play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Final Fantasy XIII on xbox game pass win10 pc can't play: Hi, When I download and enter the game through the xbox app, I first log in to my account, there should be some setting options, but the game is dead, can't start. I have installed xbox identity...
  5. Can't launch Final Fantasy XIII for PC on Fullscreen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't launch Final Fantasy XIII for PC on Fullscreen: I got a month of game pass to play Final Fantasy XIII for PC however there are some difficulties. When I launch the game I can play it on Windowed mode in a maximum of 1920x1080, in my 4K 28"...
  6. Final Fantasy 13 Xbox PC Game Pass stuck on 'Paused' screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Final Fantasy 13 Xbox PC Game Pass stuck on 'Paused' screen: Hello. Just downloaded FF13 on PC. Able to boot up fine. Input settings and then press Start Game. No matter the settings, the same thing happens every time. It will start up for a second, then...
  7. Have the GFWL servers finally been shutdown ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Have the GFWL servers finally been shutdown ?: As the title, a month or so ago i played gta iv complete (retail dvd) to find a few flying rats, i signed into my gfwl profile and it worked fine today i felt like a game of it and find a few...
  8. Finally got into the Halo Flight! Here's how I finally got it to work

in XboX Insiders
    Finally got into the Halo Flight! Here's how I finally got it to work: If you're in the Xbox insider hub app and stuck on the screen that displays pending on the bottom, hit the B button to back out to the Xbox Insider App home screen, look for the Halo Flight again...
  9. Finally passed the "pending" status, download suddenly disappeared

in XboX Insiders
    Finally passed the "pending" status, download suddenly disappeared: Just like that. I finally got out of the pending status and it took me to the Store. I started downloading the file but it suddenly disappeared from queue and if I go back to Store it says...
  10. Does anyone know if Alpha 108.210630-2200 finally made the Xbox Series Wireless controller...

in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone know if Alpha 108.210630-2200 finally made the Xbox Series Wireless controller...: Hi all, Does anyone have a Xbox Series Wireless controller + a Steam Link and, if so, would you be able to check on something? For almost a year now the Steam Link (that runs on Linux) has been...