Fitness App fails when surround sound is enabled (no vocals)

Discus and support Fitness App fails when surround sound is enabled (no vocals) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have the beta HDMI surround sound enables (because... the console was somehow released without surround sound!?!?!?!?!?!). Works great in... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Oddible, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Oddible
    Oddible Guest

I have the beta HDMI surround sound enables (because... the console was somehow released without surround sound!?!?!?!?!?!). Works great in Battlefield 4 but the Fitness app doesn't work at all - it should default back to stereo when it doesn't have a surround
    signal but instead I just get background sound and none of the vocals.

:)

Oddible, Jan 29, 2014
  2. 5.1 Surround Sound - HDMI

I went through all the settings long ago while setting up! Surround sound has been enabled and the audio settings are set to HDMI - 5.1 uncompressed. Please note that surround sound is not present during ANY activity, not just while using the "TV" app. No
    surround sound during regular gaming, music playback, DVD playback, anything.

Criminal Pilot, Jan 29, 2014
  3. Comcast Cable freezes through Xbox One

Hey guys,

Sometimes this happens when the audio settings on the STB and the Live TV app are mismatched.

Can you do 1 of 2 things:

1) Set your STB to Stereo PCM instead of Dolby/Surround sound

2) Keep your STB on Dolby/Surround and go to TV & OneGuide settings -> troubleshooting and enabled Surround Sound (Beta)

JT Kimbell [MSFT], Jan 29, 2014
  4. JT Kimbell [MSFT] Win User

Comcast Cable freezes through Xbox One

Hey guys,

Sometimes this happens when the audio settings on the STB and the Live TV app are mismatched.

Can you do 1 of 2 things:

1) Set your STB to Stereo PCM instead of Dolby/Surround sound

2) Keep your STB on Dolby/Surround and go to TV & OneGuide settings -> troubleshooting and enabled Surround Sound (Beta)
  5. Jaymo1978 Win User

BUG: With Dolby Atmos activated, all apps used Fallback to PCM 2.0

I'm curious about this issue, too, because when I first downloaded the Dolby app, if you remember, there was an issue with bizarre static when choosing ATMOS as the output (at least, it was doing that for headphones.) At that time, in the setup, there was
    a checkbox in the Xbox Settings app which said something to the effect of "enable virtual surround in apps." After this static issue was fixed, I noticed that the checkbox for surround in apps was no longer available. I wonder if this was disabled because
    it was somehow contributing to the static, and also, if that means it simply isn't outputting surround sound when using an app vs. a game....
  6. Criminal Pilot Win User

5.1 Surround Sound - HDMI

I went through all the settings long ago while setting up! Surround sound has been enabled and the audio settings are set to HDMI - 5.1 uncompressed. Please note that surround sound is not present during ANY activity, not just while using the "TV" app. No
    surround sound during regular gaming, music playback, DVD playback, anything.
  7. RolandRohde Win User

BUG: With Dolby Atmos activated, all apps used Fallback to PCM 2.0

I'm curious about this issue, too, because when I first downloaded the Dolby app, if you remember, there was an issue with bizarre static when choosing ATMOS as the output (at least, it was doing that for headphones.) At that time, in the setup, there was
    a checkbox in the Xbox Settings app which said something to the effect of "enable virtual surround in apps." After this static issue was fixed, I noticed that the checkbox for surround in apps was no longer available. I wonder if this was disabled because
    it was somehow contributing to the static, and also, if that means it simply isn't outputting surround sound when using an app vs. a game....
    That's a different issue as it only refers to Headphones. Atmos Bitstream is only for AVRs. The Virtual Surround checkbox was removed because virtual surround is now always on.
  8. Sal O Win User

issue with sound setting

Did you enable surround sound?
Thema:

1. Fitness App fails when surround sound is enabled (no vocals) - Similar Threads - Fitness App fails

2. Fitness App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fitness App: Hello I speak English not well. I'm sorry for ewentuelle errors. Thank you I would like to bring to expression how disappointed I due end of fitness app for XBOX. I bought even some coach. now...
  3. Fitness App Discontinued without notice - dismayed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fitness App Discontinued without notice - dismayed: Logged on today to find can no longer download on fitness app from today without notice.....so will lose streaming from December '16. Contacted support who said was not something they can help...
  4. Xbox One Fitness not working with Smartglass app on Android or Xbox App on Windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Fitness not working with Smartglass app on Android or Xbox App on Windows 10: I launched up Xbox Fitness on the Xbox One today to see the new 2016 version and discovered that the app does not respond to control inputs from the Smartglass app on my Android Samsung S6 Edge or...
  5. xbox fitness app not showing video

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox fitness app not showing video: hello all i didnt see a specific forum for fitness app so i hope i am in the right place. I went to use the fitness app and when i play any of the videos the audio plays but i see nothing. now at...
  6. Snapped App "stretched" and doesn't fit properly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Snapped App "stretched" and doesn't fit properly: When I snap any app (except for the activity and achievements app) it seems to not fit on my TV. The far right side is just out of range and I can't read it all the way... It's not a lot, but...
  7. XBOX One Fitness App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX One Fitness App: I can't find the XBOX One Fitness app. I went through the search function as well and it didn't come up. I went to the Apps forums and couldn't find it there either. Does it still exist? If...
  8. Multiple Fitness app problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Multiple Fitness app problems: So I have contacted support twice already for different problems with the Xbox One Fitness app, and then used their suggestions on the app when it continued to not work. It seems like every time...
  9. Kinect Play fit app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect Play fit app: Why don't they add more games to the PlayFit app. There are a lot more games that should be included and aren't. Other dance games,fighting games,sports games and more would be great to have and...
  10. Xbox one family gold sharing not working with xbox Fitness app?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one family gold sharing not working with xbox Fitness app?: My wife and I both have xbox live accounts. My account also has an xbox gold membership and I went through the process of adding her as a family member and sharing the Gold membership so it...