Fix for most Xfinity/Comcast users getting Empty Lobbies in Grand Theft Auto 5 Online

Discus and support Fix for most Xfinity/Comcast users getting Empty Lobbies in Grand Theft Auto 5 Online in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been at this for a couple weeks trying to resolve the issue with this problem. I've finally found the solution to this issue if you're running... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RianMason, Mar 4, 2015.

1. RianMason
    RianMason Guest

Fix for most Xfinity/Comcast users getting Empty Lobbies in Grand Theft Auto 5 Online

I've been at this for a couple weeks trying to resolve the issue with this problem. I've finally found the solution to this issue if you're running Xfinity and Comcast, this is only for you guys as of right now. It could be for others but who knows?

First things first, if you're using the Modem Gateway provided by Xfinity/Comcast themselves and the brand name is Techniolor. (You can find the brand on the front or the back of the device). That is the problem. First I want to share on why I know exactly
    why this is the problem. I'm pretty big into networking and technology, I'm not one to turn off my console and turn it back on and deem it broken. If you can think of it, I've tried it.

If you do happen to have the Modem Gateway Technicolor they have provided you, you're not out of luck don't worry. I myself did not want to go out and buy $160 worth of equipment just to replace the Modem Gateway, that includes buying a brand new Modem and
    an AC Router. I did NOT want to do that.

Now for the answer we've all been waiting for, the fix.

Unplug your Modem Gateway and take it into any local Xfinity Service Center just search one up on bing and get directions to it.
    IMPORTANT: Have them replace your Technicolor Modem Gateway with an **** Modem Gateway. They're the same exact Modems but different brands and let me tell ya. It worked.

Once you have your new Modem Gateway plugged in they will give you a number to call to activate your new device onto your account. Once it is activated, ensure that your NAT is open on your Xbox. If it is, do the following:

1. Ensure Grand Theft Auto 5 is completely closed out by highlighting it on your dashboard, pressing the Menu button on your controlling and pressing 'Quit'
    2. Open up your Settings on your Xbox One Console and click on Network.
    3. Once in your Network Settings, click on Advanced Settings.
    4. Scroll down and click on 'Alternate MAC Address' and Clear it.
    5. Restart the Console.
    After you have completed this, ensure that your NAT is still open. If it is, launch the game and go online. You will now be connected to other players instead of an empty lobby.

:)

RianMason, Mar 4, 2015
  2. IntenseJames
    IntenseJames Guest
    IntenseJames, Mar 4, 2015
  3. iBakez
    iBakez Guest
    This Gen Best of 2013?

Grand Theft Auto 5 was an absolute masterpiece (not including online)

iBakez, Mar 4, 2015
  4. Fix for most Xfinity/Comcast users getting Empty Lobbies in Grand Theft Auto 5 Online

Hey there, Kryllo! Thanks so much for your helpful post on the Technicolor with Comcast. We have a few known issues with

this device here, but it's really awesome of you to post up your experience here on the forums, too!

As these are support forums, we're going to lock this down, but get you a verified tag so that users know this is absolutely a correct way to resolving issues with the Technicolor from Comcast! If you see any users that have this device on the forums, please
    do be sure to pass this information along to them.

Cheers! Fix for most Xfinity/Comcast users getting Empty Lobbies in Grand Theft Auto 5 Online :D

Misses Quinzel, Mar 5, 2015
  5. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey there, Kryllo! Thanks so much for your helpful post on the Technicolor with Comcast. We have a few known issues with

this device here, but it's really awesome of you to post up your experience here on the forums, too!

As these are support forums, we're going to lock this down, but get you a verified tag so that users know this is absolutely a correct way to resolving issues with the Technicolor from Comcast! If you see any users that have this device on the forums, please
    do be sure to pass this information along to them.

Cheers! :D
  6. NaZoooom Win User

GRAND THEFT AUTO

1. The original Grand Theft Auto (with top down view)

2. Grand Theft Auto Vice City

3. Grand Theft Auto - San Andreas

5. GTA 5
  7. iBakez Win User

This Gen Best of 2013?

Grand Theft Auto 5 was an absolute masterpiece (not including online)
  8. IntenseJames Win User

E3 2014 June 10-12 what games do you wanna see come out this year?

9. The1337gamer Win User

Which is the best console version for GTA V?

Thema:

1. Fix for most Xfinity/Comcast users getting Empty Lobbies in Grand Theft Auto 5 Online - Similar Threads - Fix Xfinity Comcast

2. Left joy stick drift and want it fixed

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Left joy stick drift and want it fixed: Left joy stick drift and want it fixed If its out of warranty you might be out of luck. But you can always try the diy approach. The stick parts arent two expensive on ebay....
  3. xbox app installer problem downloading anyone else has same issue they fixed?

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox app installer problem downloading anyone else has same issue they fixed?: app only downloads a quarter and then stops and doesnt download the rest gets stuck in that quarter of the download 3af94869-d5e6-4009-9138-81319bdab58c
  4. How to Fix Stick Drift Fast and Easy on Xbox Controller without opening ...

in XboX Insiders
    How to Fix Stick Drift Fast and Easy on Xbox Controller without opening ...: [IMG] submitted by /u/thefrostyproject [link] [comments]
  5. Metro Exodus PC Crashing After Opening Cutscene. Anyone have a fix? (Gamepass/Xbox Beta PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    Metro Exodus PC Crashing After Opening Cutscene. Anyone have a fix? (Gamepass/Xbox Beta PC): Hey Guys, Metro Exodus was running fine just a couple of days ago and then yesterday I went run the game and it kept crashing after the opening cutscene. I haven't modified any settings since the...
  6. : How to fix slow download speed on Xbox one S

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : How to fix slow download speed on Xbox one S: : How to fix slow download speed on Xbox one S I get these issues a lot it depends how many ppl.are doing the same download as you and the area you live on how many ppl are using net too in area....
  7. Call of Duty Modern Warfare UDT ghost bundle still not fixed?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of Duty Modern Warfare UDT ghost bundle still not fixed?: So I am sure everybody who preordered codmw 2 remastered for Xbox one did not get the UDT ghost bundle after you purchased it, it has been over a week now and still no fix....... Does anybody know...
  8. Could you please fix this? I don't understand why this should be inappropriate. I don't...

in XboX Insiders
    Could you please fix this? I don't understand why this should be inappropriate. I don't...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Saimondek [link] [comments]
  9. How to fix Microsoft Store error 0x80070424

in XBoX on Windows
    How to fix Microsoft Store error 0x80070424: I was trying to download something on the microsoft store but it keeps giving me error and when i see the details it gives me this error code 0x80070424. I look at System Requirements and It cant...
  10. Xbox one stuk on 480 resolution and no fix works

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one stuk on 480 resolution and no fix works: we have been having issues with his xbox One S for a while now, with the display, turning it on to a glitchy screen and we have to keep resetting the settings, but now, we can not change the...