Fix: Xbox One App can't control cable bo

Discus and support Fix: Xbox One App can't control cable bo in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, first post in the forums but I figured this was worth posting as I have seen other people ask questions about this topic and it frustrated me till... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dapper Dingus, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Fix: Xbox One App can't control cable bo

Hi, first post in the forums but I figured this was worth posting as I have seen other people ask questions about this topic and it frustrated me till I played around with some settings. For those people who can not get their Xbox One TV app to control
    their cable box, it is actually a very simple solution. Generally speaking, all you have to do is enable RF Bypass mode on your cable box which is actually supposedly used to control a VCR as a DVR or to use your TV remote to control the cable box. Specifically
    for the Motorola DCX700M, what you do is press menu twice to go to the Setup, then Its Setup>Cable Box Setup>Switch RF Bypass to On. And that's it! Hope it helps some of you looking for answers.

Enjoy!

:)

Dapper Dingus, Jan 24, 2014
  2. CB3RGS63
    CB3RGS63 Guest
    Xbox smartglass tv/cable remote feature not functioning

Hi support team,

I am attempting to use my windows phone to control my cable and tv. The one guide works on the tv but will not display onto the smartglass app, and the remote function will not open. The normal Xbox control features are working on the app, so this is puzzling.
    Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

CB3RGS63, Jan 24, 2014
  3. gbed84
    gbed84 Guest
    Xbox app can't control youtube on Xbox One

I can't seem to be able to control anything inside the youtube app with the xbox app on my ipad. I can control everything else with the ipad just fine.. Anyone else has this problem? Any fix?

gbed84, Jan 24, 2014
Thema:

Fix: Xbox One App can't control cable bo

1. Fix: Xbox One App can't control cable bo - Similar Threads - Fix App can't

2. Will they ever fixe the Xbox app (iOS)?

in XboX Insiders
    Will they ever fixe the Xbox app (iOS)?: I reported the fact that the recent players list is broken almost 10 times in the last 2-3 years and it’s not fixed. It’s just annoying when you are looking for the people you played with...
  3. Why does the new Xbox (Beta) app crash every time I open it and sign in? Is there a fix?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the new Xbox (Beta) app crash every time I open it and sign in? Is there a fix?: I recently installed a new Windows 10 update and installed the new Xbox (Beta) app. Every time I open the app and log in, the app goes black. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it as well as...
  4. Why has the xbox console companion app not been fixed?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why has the xbox console companion app not been fixed?: I've been having issues since I've started using the app over 2 weeks ago. My issue is that I don't receive game invites or party invites on my computer. I go to looking for group, pick a group to...
  5. Xbox (beta) app for windows makes me restart when I try to look at their games. Any fix?...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox (beta) app for windows makes me restart when I try to look at their games. Any fix?...: [IMG] submitted by /u/DauntingSky [link] [comments]
  6. Can't sign into the Xbox App or Microsoft Store, how can it be fixed?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't sign into the Xbox App or Microsoft Store, how can it be fixed?: For the longest time now I haven't been able to sign into either the Xbox App or Microsoft Store, I thought the issue would sort itself out but in's been five or so months that it has been doing...
  7. Can't bring up configure menu in xbox accessories app (windows), anybody got a fix for this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't bring up configure menu in xbox accessories app (windows), anybody got a fix for this?: As mentioned above I can't access the configure option of the Xbox accessories app. The only thing that appears is a white themed window with the version number and copyright. When I click on the...
  8. [FIX] Can't sign into Windows Xbox App Error code 0x409 0x800800300

in XBoX Games and Apps
    [FIX] Can't sign into Windows Xbox App Error code 0x409 0x800800300: I was having trouble signing into the xbox app and halo app to play Halo 5 Forge on PC. I tried some of the fixes that were posted over a year ago and none of them worked, but I found a fix for...
  9. my bingo app can't make a connection or it shuts down right after. Can this be fixed ??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my bingo app can't make a connection or it shuts down right after. Can this be fixed ??: My bingo game has a connection problem. Is there a fix for that ?? e878aba2-43b6-4df5-98af-92f508e71fda
  10. So they still can't/won't fix this app, eh?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So they still can't/won't fix this app, eh?: In the past year the only things that's changed with the few and far between updates is that the user interface and performance has gotten worse with it, and it freezes or bugs out more often. Is...