Flickering black screen using 4K on Xbox One X

Discus and support Flickering black screen using 4K on Xbox One X in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have recently been experiencing some intermittent flickering when using 4K@60Hz resolution from my Xbox One X (TV is Sony XE9005, capable of... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TimTheLimey, Oct 6, 2019.

1. TimTheLimey
    TimTheLimey Guest

Hi,

I have recently been experiencing some intermittent flickering when using 4K@60Hz resolution from my Xbox One X
    (TV is Sony XE9005, capable of 4K@60Hz). While this has worked previously, and for a long period of time, I have recently begun to experience the flickering screen. The screen will turn black and then return to normal after a second or two.

Upon assuming the cable may not be suitable, and possibly too long, I have since tried Premium Certified (18Gbps) HDMI leads using a booster inbetween two such HDMI leads. This yielded the same flickering issue so I purchased a 4M fibre optic HDMI lead (Premium
    Certified) hoping this would resolve the issue. It has not. It should be noted that at no point have I experienced this issue when dropping the resolution to 1080p, however 1080p is not desirable given the capability of the hardware. I would appreciate
    it if anyone could help me get to the bottom of this issue.

Some further notes:

I have experimented with all of the display options, including colour depth and profiles.

I have booted the Xbox to safe mode and reset the display options, and then tried again.

The flickering will happen even on the home screen, but it is most noticeable during game play.

I do not have another 4K source to test with.

Thanks in advance.

:)

TimTheLimey, Oct 6, 2019
  2. CptMorgnNoBeard Win User

Sorry to hear you are having issues.

I know this won't be a solution but have you tried moving the console closer and using the HDMI cable that came with the console? If the flickering still occurs we know its not the HDMI cables.
  3. RedCarGamer Win User

Try, if you be available to do it, a different HDMI Cable or in a different TV/Monitor. And see if come up with the same issue. This could help see if really the issue is in the console or is in the cable or TV.
  4. papyforest Win User

playing with xobx on a ACER X34

X box one x.

But thx for answer, i found a button in the screen after finding the screen notice...

and the game got only 2 black colums on each side, but it will be enough for me.

No 4k, but well, not a 4k Screen.

Thx for the answer it was usefull!

@+
  5. RAIDEN496 Win User

LG HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color issue (Screen flickering)

not sure if the flickering is the same. But i have a sony 4k with HDR and when ever i am playing games i will get flickering., The screen does no flicker as in a HDMI problem as in turning on and off. It's more like the color flickering from dark to light
    really fast. But If I turn off 4k on the Xbox it will correct the problem.
  6. Rogg721 Win User

Tv screen keeps going black

I’m having the same issue, but its on the Xbox One X, and its only with HDR. Screen will flicker on and off randomly. If i wait long enough screen will stay black, never come back. I had to disable HDR on the port, flicker goes away ( so does hdr). Everything
    worked before the most recent update. Happens on every port, and only happens wjth my xbox. Thoughts?
Thema:

1. Flickering black screen using 4K on Xbox One X - Similar Threads - Flickering black screen

2. Screen flickering/black glitch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Screen flickering/black glitch: Hi can anybody help my Xbox one x has a screen flicker/black glitches when in game but not on loading screens, it happened a few weeks ago but stopped ojln its own now it wont stop ive reset the...
  3. Samsung HG40EA790MS: My screen flickers, greens and then blacks out.

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: My screen flickers, greens and then blacks out.: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: My screen flickers, greens and then blacks out. Hey there Louie! Sorry to hear that you're dealing with this issue trying to bring up your console. I split...
  4. Xbox One X Black Screen Flicker

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Black Screen Flicker: My Xbox One X will intermittently start to flicker to a black screen. It has been randomly occurring over the last month. I am not sure what I should attempt to do to correct the issue. I have a...
  5. Flickering Black Screen 1080p Monitor Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Flickering Black Screen 1080p Monitor Xbox One X: Hello, how do I fix black flickering screen on my 1080p monitor that I use on my Xbox One X? It happens everytime I turn on the Xbox One X I already unchecked YCC 4:2:2 and the problem still...
  6. Video flickering/black screen in game + crashing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Video flickering/black screen in game + crashing.: Hello, I'm looking for help figuring out an issue that I've been seeing when playing Titanfall 2 where in-game there is an almost constant flickering and overlay of black on the screen when...
  7. Xbox One X flickering and black screening in 4K after 11/17 system update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X flickering and black screening in 4K after 11/17 system update: I got an Xbox One X Scorpio at launch and have been using it with my new Samsung 4K UHD TV. Everything has been fine running in 4K for all titles until I got the system update on 11/17 that I...
  8. Screen flickering black

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen flickering black: Since the last update this has been a bigger issue and happening more often. Occasionally the screen goes black and lose sound but games continue (not ideal for online gaming). Happens while...
  9. My 4k TV is getting a black flickering screen when i choose the 4K UHD display one the Xbox ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My 4k TV is getting a black flickering screen when i choose the 4K UHD display one the Xbox ...: Does anyone know how to fix this ? 39420cc0-75dc-4e8c-b6a9-d0e5ac2ad8d1
  10. Xbox one screen flickering black

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one screen flickering black: My xbox one makes my tv flicker black non-stop when i open games and apps. I switched HDMI cords to see if it was the issue and it still flickers. It's not the tv either cause i've tried a...