Flickering screen fix for Xbox One S on 4k TVs

Discus and support Flickering screen fix for Xbox One S on 4k TVs in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently bought a 4k television for my new room. It is a 55" 4K UHD Samsung. Upon hooking up my Xbox One S, I set it to 4K and loaded up RDR2. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JaxOfAll, Mar 28, 2021.

1. JaxOfAll
    JaxOfAll Guest

I recently bought a 4k television for my new room. It is a 55" 4K UHD Samsung. Upon hooking up my Xbox One S, I set it to 4K and loaded up RDR2. I almost immediately experienced screen flickering issues, usually flashing back and forth between black and normal, and even occasionally dropping signal alltogether. I did some sifting through some old forums and also watched some videos to bring you this checklist that worked for me.

1.Go to "4k TV Details" under "TV & Display Options". It should be the first choice in the middle column.

2. There should be three sections. "TV Resolution", "Playing Games" and "Watching Movies and TV".

3. In the two latter sections it should say something along the lines of "This TV supports 4K X-bit at Y-Hz, where X is the color bits and Y is the refresh rate.

4.Go back one page and go to "Video Fidelity and Overscan". It should be the second choice in the right hand column.

5. The center column should Have "Color Depth" at the top. Click this and set it to whatever X was in step 3.

6. Go back one page. Go up one space to "Video Modes".

7. Make sure all boxes are checked. (YCC 4:2:2 and low latency mode may not be needed.)

8.Make sure your HDMI cable is plugged into your TV's primary port. (Optional)

9. Lastly, (This is the step that fixed it for me, although the others may have helped.) Try multiple cables. Certain lower-end cables are not made to handle larger loads such as 4K, and will bottleneck your Xbox's Signal. General rule of thumb is the thicker the cable, the better.

As far as software and cables go this should cover all the bases. If this does not solve any issues you may be having, it may be the HDMI port on the back of the Xbox is damaged, or something internal.

:)

JaxOfAll, Mar 28, 2021
  2. JCSWW Win User

Netflix: No UHD on XBOX One S

That's the issue right there, Prezdead! My TV auto detects the resolution being put out by the source and sets it accordingly. There is no way to set my TV's HDMI input to display a certain resolution regardless of what the source is putting out. My Android
    box and Roku 4 put out a 4k signal when I enable the resolution they should output is 4k. Unfortunately, The XBOX One S doesn't seem to do that.

When I do the video test on the XBOX One. My TV doesn't even flicker. It just pops up that it failed everything, which is incorrect. If I change the resolution on the XBOX One S to 720p, then it flickers and my TV changes the display to 720p. If I change
    the XBOX One S to display 1080p, then the TV flickers and changes the resolution to 1080p. If I try to change the XBOX One S to display UHD, it does nothing other than go instantly to the failed screen, which states none of the options are supported. Under
    Advanced Video Settings though, I have 24Hz, 50Hz, and UHD 4k checked. the problem is, the XBOX One S is putting out the 4k signal because the test says the TV fails everything and the TV will not disaply in 4k until the TV receives a signal from the XBOX
    One S to display in 4k.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Xbox one s isn't capable of 4k gaming the only 4k supported in the S is only in streaming and uhd playback fyi

Thr xbox one x and higher is capable of 4k

Should.be noted.you should use the original.cable that came with your unit

And don't SPLIT The signal so if you have a switch or receiver dint use it it splits the signal

Always use direct connection to hdmi port tv and make sure it's the 4k port.No name brands tend to limit ports so please.refer to your tv manual
  4. Tintalle8419 Win User

Hello

Is your HDMI cable original
  5. Juan RODRIGUEZ B. Win User

HDR image flickering on Xbox One X with LG C9 TV

what is your Problem?

Flickering Screen on Xbox

Flickering Screen on Xbox with HDR

Screen goes Black on HDR with Xbox ?

You talk about going black but have flickering on Topic.

There was an official Problem with HDR Flickering on that TVs and Xbox but that should be fixed a time ago
    The screen flickers when HDR or HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour is on in the TV, after a while of flickering it goes black, then the TV loses the signal from the Xbox. That's
    my problem.

If I deactivate HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour, then there's no more flickering and no more black screen.

Well it isn't fixed yet, I'm 100% sure I am on the latest firmware on both the LG C9 and the Xbox One X.
  6. Mister Beep Win User

4K Display issues

Hey there!

Have you gone through the steps and suggestions on our
    Troubleshoot 4K on Xbox One S support page
    ? One of the steps mentioned is setting the TV Resolution on your Xbox One S to 1080p, while ensuring the 'Allow 4K' box is checked within 'Advanced TV' settings. The TV resolution setting is specifically for setting
    how non 4K content is scaled, and will still allow native 4K content to play at 4K on your display.

If the flicker issues persist with native 4K content after setting your TV resolution setting to 1080p, please post back the brand and model number of your 4K display so we can take a deeper look!
Thema:

1. Flickering screen fix for Xbox One S on 4k TVs - Similar Threads - Flickering screen fix

2. Xbox One S Flickering Screen And Flashing Pixels

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Flickering Screen And Flashing Pixels: All of the sudden the other day I was playing games on my Xbox and the screen goes black for like 5 seconds. After a while it does it again. The more it happens the smaller the intervals are...
  3. (PLEASE HELP) My Xbox One X screen is flickering

in XBoX on Consoles
    (PLEASE HELP) My Xbox One X screen is flickering: on 4k hdr video: click here 6a5b8111-3ff6-4883-af0d-f5d021fad1a0
  4. HELP: Xbox Series X Has a Screen Flickering Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    HELP: Xbox Series X Has a Screen Flickering Issue: I've been having this weird screen glitch with my Series X for a couple months now, & it recently started popping up even more frequently where the picture just momentarily cuts out at seemingly...
  5. Xbox Series X Screen Flickering, controller disconnects, xbox shuts down or freezes. Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Screen Flickering, controller disconnects, xbox shuts down or freezes. Xbox...: Hello I got my xbox around January and from early on I have been intermittently experiencing this issue: 1.Will load a game (mostly play warzone) 2. Screen will start flickering 3. Controller...
  6. Minecraft Screen Flickering in Minecraft Windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Screen Flickering in Minecraft Windows 10: In order to open minecraft windows 10 version from screen flickering, You have to disable the graphics driver of your Pc/Laptop and your minecraft opens but it will lag a lot, for now this is the...
  7. Noticed considerable bootup screen flashing/flickering for the first time

in XboX Insiders
    Noticed considerable bootup screen flashing/flickering for the first time: Wondering if anyone else has experienced this? The other night, I applied the latest Beta OS update to my Series X, as well as the latest firmware 3.21.18 for LGCX’s. Afterwords, I got busy, and...
  8. CAN MICROSOFT FIX THE FLICKERING SCREEN PROBLEM

in XBoX Games and Apps
    CAN MICROSOFT FIX THE FLICKERING SCREEN PROBLEM: So i just bought minecraft on the microsoft store, and apparently it gave me a flickering screen. I have tried a bunch of stuff but nothing works. fix this. 7d6e742f-c4aa-45b2-b6ed-99cb85b5605e
  9. Half my screen is black / flickering. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Half my screen is black / flickering. Any suggestions on how to fix it?: The upper half of my XB1 screen is flickering -> http://i59.tinypic.com/20i9umv.jpg I've tried different hdmi cables, different ports, and power cycling it with no luck. The Smart TV functions...
  10. Screen Flash/Flicker Fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen Flash/Flicker Fix?: Well aware of the problems ever since the console launched with certain TVs (Sony Bravia/Phillips HDTVs) screen flickering black for a couple of seconds intermittently, usually every 10mins or so....