Fluctuating upload speed

Discus and support Fluctuating upload speed in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey guys, I recently switched providers to rogers under their 250/20 ignite bundle, and since doing so, my upload fluctuates heavily. 14, 2, 19, 0.48,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sinister Ewok, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Fluctuating upload speed

Hey guys, I recently switched providers to rogers under their 250/20 ignite bundle, and since doing so, my upload fluctuates heavily. 14, 2, 19, 0.48, 3.21, 6.7, etc. I also get varying packet loss. The gateway that was provided is the Hitron CGN3. I play
    with a wired connection, and have tested the Ethernet cord by plugging it into my PC, which consistently gets the correct speeds. I've tried my network on another Xbox one and get the same results, so it isn't my Xbox that's messed up. I've also tried dmz,
    which opened my NAT, but didn't steady out my upload as Xbox phone support told me it would. I've been on the phone with rogers for approximately 6 hours, and they told me that it isn't their problem, and Xbox did pretty much the same thing in 3 hours. Nobody
    has offered a fix. The strangest thing is that my old provider used the rogers lines and I got a consistent test out of them, just using an olderpdel stand alone modem. Any help is appreciated.

:)

Sinister Ewok, Mar 31, 2015
  2. zanswer
    zanswer Guest
    Fluctuating Packet loss Download/upload speeds.

@A 0wner hey hey

What Your problem exactly? I don't get. Packet loss and D/U speed is not depending on ports. Can You explain from the begging, what problem You have.

zanswer, Mar 31, 2015
  3. A 0wner
    A 0wner Guest

First off I have contacted multiple reps and have the process of hard reset, resetting the router, etc. The reps came to the conclusion that my provider(comcast) is closing ports thus restricting signal between my router( aris 6141) and the xbox. But I have
    also noticed that my primary dns is a very weird error( 2601:589:1:2e31:ae7f:3eff:fee) which absolutely makes no sense. So it is it still the ports that must be opened( which I dont even have access to as I have tried to via the address or possibly the primary
    dns, which does not allow to be changed.

A 0wner, Mar 31, 2015
  4. zanswer Win User

@A 0wner hey hey

What Your problem exactly? I don't get. Packet loss and D/U speed is not depending on ports. Can You explain from the begging, what problem You have.
  5. SpyShadow Win User

latency

I would suggest as soon as you start to see the latency issues, to pop over to a PC and run a network test. You can go to numerous sites to test it, but I would be interested in knowing if your download or upload speeds fluctuate based on the time of day.
  6. SpicyBanana1702 Win User

Xbox Downloads are broken - Live Services issue?

This is exactly the issue.

Started this week, fluctuating and slow download speeds, if at all.

frustrating and not addressed.
  7. djmistaspot Win User

Downloading updates

There are so many variables to download speeds you cant really say one thing will fix it. I know my speeds fluctuate alot
  8. EVASIVE rabbi Win User

Xbox app on PC

Hi KoKoola,

Sometimes internet speeds can be throttled if your modem or gateway has not been reset in a while. I know this is a "step one" process but some people miss it.

In my case I have downloaded a speedtest app on my phone to test my download and upload speeds daily. I would highly suggest downloading that app and seeing if your ISP is giving you the speeds you pay for.

Also try to minimize wireless connectivity from the modem to pc. Wired connections are the best solution for fluctuations is speed.

Hope this helps.
Thema:

Fluctuating upload speed

1. Fluctuating upload speed - Similar Threads - Fluctuating upload speed

2. Xbox download speed is incredibly slow and fluctuating like crazy

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox download speed is incredibly slow and fluctuating like crazy: ive ran multiple speed tests on different websites and even did the speed test in the network settings on the xbox and all of them said my download speed was well over 100 mb/s but my current...
  3. screen fluctuation on xbox one x

in XBoX on Consoles
    screen fluctuation on xbox one x: on some games i am getting a flickering in the darker areas when i move ingame. elite dangerous is the worst. it seems like the background stars get dimmer, but i am also getting it in other...
  4. Badly Fluctuating Upload Speeds

in XboX Insiders
    Badly Fluctuating Upload Speeds: Ok so I have a Netgear Nighthawk C7000-100nas Modem/Gateway. As of about early June, my 2 Xbox One X consoles cannot play together on the same network, due to an unstable Upload speed that the...
  5. Taking forever to download games (Xbox Beta Gamepass) Fluctuating speeds from 40mb/s to 0

in XBoX on Windows
    Taking forever to download games (Xbox Beta Gamepass) Fluctuating speeds from 40mb/s to 0: As the title suggests I just purchased my first month of the Ultimate Game Pass and I've been attempting to download Metro Exodus for about 6 hours now and it's barely halfway done. Speeds are all...
  6. VIP rank will not stop fluctuating!! HELP

in XBoX Rewards
    VIP rank will not stop fluctuating!! HELP: i know things reset after january 5th, so i was at 0% of the 2nd vip level. i spent about $200 on the store after the reset and it went to 59% which i was excited. then today i check and it was...
  7. Gamerscore Total not adding up and now fluctuating

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamerscore Total not adding up and now fluctuating: So I completed Back To The Future yesterday and my GS after that was 100,020. I've since unlocked 800 on Unravel, but my total is only showing 100,780 and is also fluctuating between 100,780 and...
  8. Network speed fluctuates wildly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network speed fluctuates wildly: My Xbox One is rather far from my router so I am using a Netgear EX6100 Wireless Extender connected to the console with a cat6 network cable. When I connect any other device to the extender I get...
  9. ping lagging issues...latency fluctuates between 80-126ms

in XBoX on Consoles
    ping lagging issues...latency fluctuates between 80-126ms: Experiencing Ping issues with the XBOX One. Latency fluctuates between 80-126ms. Wasn't happening before. 279ca959-5cda-479e-99d5-4c2b912a7ad0
  10. Fluctuating Packet loss Download/upload speeds.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fluctuating Packet loss Download/upload speeds.: First off I have contacted multiple reps and have the process of hard reset, resetting the router, etc. The reps came to the conclusion that my provider(comcast) is closing ports thus restricting...