Follow up on filed complaint through xbox live

Discus and support Follow up on filed complaint through xbox live in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am interested in following up on the status of a complaint I filed through xbox live regarding a player who was somehow able to disrupt my internet... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by dr.butts, Jan 8, 2019.

1. dr.butts
    dr.butts Guest

I am interested in following up on the status of a complaint I filed through xbox live regarding a player who was somehow able to disrupt my internet connectivity because he was upset about an online game. I have been able to restore my internet access
    but I would like to pursue this as far as I can. My ISP could not provide any information about where this came from. I would like to contact his ISP and speak with them about this. Denial of service attacks are illegal under the CFAA and I would like to
    pursue this.

:)

dr.butts, Jan 8, 2019
  2. xab_on_xbox Win User

Xbox is only a middle man, so to say. Your public IP information can be obtained by anyone, to be frank with you. You could be on Facebook, someone can get your IP and then DDOS you, but Facebook isn't responsible for seeking justice with you.

I'm sorry it happened, though
  3. Zero Jehuty Win User

MS will never disclose action taken on another user/give out user info to another person.

Your ISP is the best bet for a follow up since it is their job to protect you.
  4. PalmettoBling Win User

The Enforcement Team doesn't operate on the Forums; you would have to
    follow the reporting tool
    s.

As for perusing legal action, I would recommend that you contact your local authorities to file that complaint, or contact a lawyer, but the information on users is also protected through other laws, and you would unlikely be able to obtain information from
    Microsoft on other users for that without legal proceedings.

Sorry it happened to you. Please let us know if you have any other questions.
  5. OK Fowl Win User

6. Smwutches Win User

Also since it doesn't happen through Live, Microsoft would not have that information.
Thema:

1. Follow up on filed complaint through xbox live - Similar Threads - Follow filed complaint

2. Unable to remove/block a follower.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to remove/block a follower.: I'm having trouble blocking someone and removing them from my followers list. I tried everything from power cycling my console, removing my profile and recovering it, doing a factory reset, and...
  3. JE suit maître de ce que JE veut en terme de cloturation du compte *Mod Translation: follow...

in XBoX Accessibility
    JE suit maître de ce que JE veut en terme de cloturation du compte *Mod Translation: follow...: Je trouve nécessaire de changer de service où de clôturer mon compte si j'en ai envie comme vous dites j'en suis responsable et don il m'appartient d'en faire ce que je veut. Ce n'est pas vous qui...
  4. Unable to add new account following error message 0x801901f4

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to add new account following error message 0x801901f4: I have been unable to connect to my XBox One account - error message 0x801901f4 displayed. After reading the troubleshooting advice, I have removed my account and completed the power cycle. I am...
  5. : Followed the steps for disconnecting wifi but still no luck

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Followed the steps for disconnecting wifi but still no luck: : Followed the steps for disconnecting wifi but still no luck Have you also contacted your ISP to make sure there is no weird blocking or anything on their end? d1a894d4-01bc-49a0-bdaf-328796506a0b
  6. If we have to follow rules...why dont they?

in XBoX Accessibility
    If we have to follow rules...why dont they?: Why does the so called enforcement team hide instead of having a way for customers to speak to them directly? I was given an account suspension. The following evening I filed a case review and the...
  7. Followers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Followers: Help me please i never added these people back and they wont disappear off my followers list ive blocked them and they still appear on my followers List i have blocked people before and it has...
  8. Unwanted Follower on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unwanted Follower on Xbox One: I've read several posts from years ago with people who have the same issue as me. The moderators have all said the same thing and I understand this as well. We know that the blocking feature on...
  9. Prevent random people from adding me as friends/following me.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Prevent random people from adding me as friends/following me.: Everywhere I look online and from speaking with support, this doesn't seem to be possible. The answer is to block the user, change my privacy settings so only friends can see data, etc. It's great...
  10. Followers list

in XBoX on Consoles
    Followers list: How do I force the removal of followers from my followers list? 8f27117a-2268-4034-b755-ba37aa1f0771