Followed the Redeem Gift Card Instructions for Family account, credits were still added to...

Discus and support Followed the Redeem Gift Card Instructions for Family account, credits were still added to... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I logged in to my children's account to redeem a $50 Xbox/Windows Gift Card each, but the credit was added to my account (Parent) Account. I have gone... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DebGelber1, Dec 8, 2018.

1. DebGelber1
    DebGelber1 Guest

Followed the Redeem Gift Card Instructions for Family account, credits were still added to...

I logged in to my children's account to redeem a $50 Xbox/Windows Gift Card each, but the credit was added to my account (Parent) Account. I have gone through all the help suggestions including, but not limited to... Reaching out to XBox Live, but because
    the gift cards were already redeemed, sent back to Microsoft. Digital Gift Giving does not allow me to purchase digital gift card using gift credits. I tried to call but need to go through all the steps I already went through before I get to a live person,
    and pressing 0 started the menu over again.

I now have a $100 credit in my parent account which I will never need, and 0 credits in children's account.

PS. There is no category for Microsoft Account Help or Gift Card Help when trying to submit this question.

:)

DebGelber1, Dec 8, 2018
  2. DebGelber1 Win User

Followed the Redeem Gift Card Instructions for Family account, credits were still added to Parent account vs. children's.

That is exactly what I did, I logged into my son's account to redeem, but the only email available was my account email. Per one of Microsoft support answers, I included all the troubleshooting steps I have already gone through.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Followed the Redeem Gift Card Instructions for Family account, credits were still added to Parent account vs. children's.

You would have to try contacting support and speak to billing, but generally once the funds have been redeemed, there is no way to transfer them to another account. You can
    use the the funds to gift a game from your account to their accounts.
  4. DebGelber1 Win User

If there is no way for me to fix on my end, please pass this along to the team that helps solve individual account balance problems vs. spending any more time on something that truly should not be this difficult...I have spent 3 consecutive hours straight
    on this using the email tied to my username.
  5. XBF Jeremy Z Win User

Hiya Deb,

Thank you for contacting Forum support!

Before placing any items on an account, always make sure the correct profile is signed in. Unfortunately, using currency is not something that can be used to buy Gifts. (Not everything can be gifted)

Although, I recommend to set your profile as the "Home Console". This will allow the profile to share the games you purchase with other profiles on the
    same console.

Hope this helps.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Xbox reward 14 digit code

The instructions that were sent were wrong. The website to redeem them on is correct and you would choose to have them either email the Visa gift card or mail you a card. Since you ordered a Visa gift card from the vault, you would get a Vida gift card,
    not an Xbox gift card.
Thema:

1. Followed the Redeem Gift Card Instructions for Family account, credits were still added to... - Similar Threads - Followed Redeem Gift

2. Unable to add new account following error message 0x801901f4

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to add new account following error message 0x801901f4: I have been unable to connect to my XBox One account - error message 0x801901f4 displayed. After reading the troubleshooting advice, I have removed my account and completed the power cycle. I am...
  3. : Followed the steps for disconnecting wifi but still no luck

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Followed the steps for disconnecting wifi but still no luck: : Followed the steps for disconnecting wifi but still no luck Have you also contacted your ISP to make sure there is no weird blocking or anything on their end? d1a894d4-01bc-49a0-bdaf-328796506a0b
  4. If we have to follow rules...why dont they?

in XBoX Accessibility
    If we have to follow rules...why dont they?: Why does the so called enforcement team hide instead of having a way for customers to speak to them directly? I was given an account suspension. The following evening I filed a case review and the...
  5. Followers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Followers: Help me please i never added these people back and they wont disappear off my followers list ive blocked them and they still appear on my followers List i have blocked people before and it has...
  6. Unwanted Follower on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unwanted Follower on Xbox One: I've read several posts from years ago with people who have the same issue as me. The moderators have all said the same thing and I understand this as well. We know that the blocking feature on...
  7. Prevent random people from adding me as friends/following me.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Prevent random people from adding me as friends/following me.: Everywhere I look online and from speaking with support, this doesn't seem to be possible. The answer is to block the user, change my privacy settings so only friends can see data, etc. It's great...
  8. Follow up on filed complaint through xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Follow up on filed complaint through xbox live: I am interested in following up on the status of a complaint I filed through xbox live regarding a player who was somehow able to disrupt my internet connectivity because he was upset about an...
  9. Followers list

in XBoX on Consoles
    Followers list: How do I force the removal of followers from my followers list? 8f27117a-2268-4034-b755-ba37aa1f0771
  10. Why can't I remove followers anymore?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I remove followers anymore?: Has something changed in a recent update? Usually you'd block someone and they'd also be removed from your followers list as well as on their end. I can removed my actual friends with no problem...