Followed the Redeem Gift Card Instructions for Family account, credits were still added to...

Discus and support Followed the Redeem Gift Card Instructions for Family account, credits were still added to... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I logged in to my children's account to redeem a $50 Xbox/Windows Gift Card each, but the credit was added to my account (Parent) Account. I have gone... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DebGelber1, Dec 8, 2018.

1. DebGelber1
    DebGelber1 Guest

Followed the Redeem Gift Card Instructions for Family account, credits were still added to...

I logged in to my children's account to redeem a $50 Xbox/Windows Gift Card each, but the credit was added to my account (Parent) Account. I have gone through all the help suggestions including, but not limited to... Reaching out to XBox Live, but because
    the gift cards were already redeemed, sent back to Microsoft. Digital Gift Giving does not allow me to purchase digital gift card using gift credits. I tried to call but need to go through all the steps I already went through before I get to a live person,
    and pressing 0 started the menu over again.

I now have a $100 credit in my parent account which I will never need, and 0 credits in children's account.

PS. There is no category for Microsoft Account Help or Gift Card Help when trying to submit this question.

:)

DebGelber1, Dec 8, 2018
  2. FreakRoach Win User

Followed the Redeem Gift Card Instructions for Family account, credits were still added to Parent account vs. children's.

You had to sign in to your child's account instead of signing with your account and redeem. To be sure you can always redeem it via website as it will let you sign in only with single account at the moment.
  3. CallMeObiRon Win User

Followed the Redeem Gift Card Instructions for Family account, credits were still added to Parent account vs. children's.

This may not help for you for now but for the future (and for anyone else searching this problem)...

If your kids get an Xbox gift card and you want to put the money on their child (family) account, DO NOT follow the directions on the back of the card. That will end up putting the money on your "parent" account and you can not transfer it to your child's
    account later. Here's what you have to do...

1) Go to your Xbox and log into your child's account.

2) Navigate to the Store.

3) Select the option to Redeem a Code.

4) Scratch off the code on the card and enter it VIA THE XBOX LOGGED INTO YOUR CHILD'S ACCOUNT.

5) Boom! Easy and your child can probably do it faster and easier than you. Well, mine can anyway.

I've also got like $200 in my parent account which I guess will get used for Xbox Gold for the foreseeable future and had to buy more Xbox cash to "fund" my child's account - until I figured this out.

I hope this helps a lot of people cuz it's a real bummer that we can't just move the Xbox cash from our parent to child accounts. I mean, it's still like the same "family" account. Right? Well, anyway, Happy Holidays everyone!

-ObiRon
  4. DebGelber1 Win User

That is exactly what I did, I logged into my son's account to redeem, but the only email available was my account email. Per one of Microsoft support answers, I included all the troubleshooting steps I have already gone through.
  5. Smwutches Win User

You would have to try contacting support and speak to billing, but generally once the funds have been redeemed, there is no way to transfer them to another account. You can
    use the the funds to gift a game from your account to their accounts.
  6. Bigbear smasher Win User

I have the same problem. Microsoft need to fix this !!!
Thema:

1. Followed the Redeem Gift Card Instructions for Family account, credits were still added to... - Similar Threads - Followed Redeem Gift

2. Microsoft should follow it's own rules, as should we!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft should follow it's own rules, as should we!: I recently had my gamertag changed by the enforcement team, which is fine. However the gamertag that I chose was generated by Microsoft, when I chatted with the virtual assistant I was told "...If...
  3. I cant remove myself as a follower

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant remove myself as a follower: I added someone as a friend on Xbox live but they did not add me back. So I was a follower in their follower's list. This person was displayed as a friend on my friend's list. This person blocked...
  4. friends and followers

in XBoX on Consoles
    friends and followers: I have 6 people who added me as a friend. I did not know these people so I blocked and muted them. These people remained stuck in my follower's list even after they stopped following me. I have...
  5. Green Screen E102 followed by BLANK screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Green Screen E102 followed by BLANK screen: Please can anyone help with an issue at Xbox Start Up? After experiencing the green screen of death one week ago, fixed with a factory reset, we experienced it yet again and then this changed to a...
  6. How do you remove followers on xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you remove followers on xbox live: Ive tried the block method, and the block then unblock method but it doesnt work. Ive cleared my cache, mac address, removed profile from xbox, followed all suggested steps and nothing works. Is...
  7. Cannot remove follower(s) from list

in XBoX on Mobile
    Cannot remove follower(s) from list: This seems to be a regular feature of my account. I have 2 followers on my account that I cannot remove. I have blocked and unblocked them multiple times but they stay stuck in my list This is...
  8. Xbox One Can't Remove Follower!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Can't Remove Follower!: How do you remove a follower on Xbox One that can't be removed by blocking and unblocking method? I can use block & unlock method it's just these two guys stuck on my followers list, I want them...
  9. Follow Up to Questions Regarding Losing Power On Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Follow Up to Questions Regarding Losing Power On Xbox One X: Hello All, I had posted a while ago about how my xbox one x wouldn't stay on. The solution was that it needed to be plugged directly into a wall outlet and NOT a surge protector. The console...
  10. Green loading screen followed by black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Green loading screen followed by black screen: Please help, my Son's Xbox One isn't working. He gets the green loading screen initially and after a few minutes this switches to an all black screen. We've tried it on another TV and it's the...