Fonts messed up

Discus and support Fonts messed up in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I recently moved to a student house. Couldn't reasonably take a TV with me, thus decided to connect my XONEX to a monitor. Given that this is a very... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by РаульКаримов, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Fonts messed up

So I recently moved to a student house. Couldn't reasonably take a TV with me, thus decided to connect my XONEX to a monitor. Given that this is a very basic FHD monitor with only one HDMI input, I connected my PC (an Intel NUC running WIN10) to XBOX, then
    connected XBOX to the monitor and switched it to OneGuide to use the PC. One advantage that I gain from it is that I use a stereo amp hooked to my XBOX by a Toslink cable, and XBOX extracts audio the PC sends via HDMI.

Now the problem is: fonts. Black letters on a white background appear blueish, yellowish, or reddish. This happens not in all windows and not with every text; however, it is really annoying and makes my eyes bleed. Direct PC-to-monitor connection with either
    of the two cables I use renders fonts adequately.

I tried disabling font smoothing, cleartype, etc. Calibrated the monitor with the guidance from both the PC and the console. Fonts are still
    [Mod removed- inappropriate] up. Didn't find any setting on XBOX to fix this. Please help.

:)

РаульКаримов, Oct 27, 2019
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Fonts messed up

Better pass-through yes. However the receiver may not detect none standard HD resolutions like 1440P. To get around this, you could make a custom resolution in your graphics card settings. But 1080P and 4K would be fine, depending
    on what type of receiver you have, obviously.

There will be some latency still, but probably negligible compared to the Xbox Pass-through. The Xbox pass-through was never really designed for gaming.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Fonts messed up

Hi,

Do you have anything else you can test via the HDMI in on your console to test the image quality, a DVD or Blu-ray player or other console?

Do you have any overriding colour calibration settings on your PC itself? This can be found in your PC graphics settings. Is your PC set to 1080P native (1920x1080)? This is the maximum resolution of the HDMI pass-through. Also, make sure you turn off
    HDR on your PC if this is supported by your hardware.

May I add that while you may gain an increase in the quality of sound using this method, you'll suffer quite a sharp decrease in video quality from the PC. This is due to the video signal from the PC having to be rendered twice. Due to this you'll experience
    a fair amount of screen latency with your PC, especially if you attempt to play PC games will using the Xbox pass-through. A 60 FPS PC game won't feel as responsive as it would if the PC was connected to the monitor directly.

If your monitor only has one HDMI, buy an simple HDMI switch box. Then you can just flip between them with a button press.
  4. РаульКарим Win User

Fonts messed up

I am thinking of an HDMI switch. Pity I have to buy one, I hate dongles.

The very same PC used to be connected to an AV receiver (I used it as a media player, occasionally as a workstation) in my living room back at home, never ran into same issues. Gaming experience was quite smooth, too. Do AV receivers have better HDMI pass-thru
    than XBOX?
  5. o Carano o Win User

Image/Video Posting Rules

I tried copying it, looks like the coding for the coloured font is messing with the tags.
  6. LegendOfGta Win User

GTA V Trailer Script

Messing around with text colors and fonts is "not my cup of tea". I'm old school, Y0!
Thema:

Fonts messed up

1. Fonts messed up - Similar Threads - Fonts messed

2. fonte original para o xbox one [Mod Translation - original source for xbox one]

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    fonte original para o xbox one [Mod Translation - original source for xbox one]: Boa tarde a todos! Onde consigo comprar e a bom preço uma fonte original para o xbox one no Rio de Janeiro, Brasil? [Mod Translation - Good afternoon to all! Where can I buy and at a good price...
  3. Font on Bingo Card

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Font on Bingo Card: The font on my game has enlarged so much that I cannot see all of the cards that are to be played. I opted for 4 cards and can only view the Bingo B I N on part of one card. Just two rows of...
  4. Xbox Game Pass For PC - Missing Fonts-text

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass For PC - Missing Fonts-text: Hi, just installed Xbox Beta on pc and can do Nothing with the program because missing text or font. I have only "blank" button everywhere. Have installed-reboot, etc and check Windows update...
  5. Fonte original Xbox One, onde comprar?[Original source Xbox One, where to buy?]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fonte original Xbox One, onde comprar?[Original source Xbox One, where to buy?]: Olá! estou precisando de uma fonte Original para o Xbox One, onde posso comprar? [Translation - Hello! I need an Original Source for Xbox One, where can I buy it?]...
  6. Meu Xbox One s liga e desliga, não é fonte presciso do endereço da assistencia tecnica em...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Meu Xbox One s liga e desliga, não é fonte presciso do endereço da assistencia tecnica em...: Title translation: [My Xbox One s turns on and off, not a prescious source of the address of the technical assistance in SP-São Paulo Capital] Eu estava jogando online e meu xbox desligou, eu com...
  7. Fonte do Xbox one [Translate- Xbox One Source]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fonte do Xbox one [Translate- Xbox One Source]: Ola....gostaria de saber onde comprar e o valor de uma fonte de alimentação para o Xbox One? [Translate-Hello.... would like to know where to buy and the value of a PSU for the Xbox one?]...
  8. Microsoft Jigsaw puzzle font/piece size

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Jigsaw puzzle font/piece size: Down loaded JigPuz to a new device and the fonts and puzzle pieces are so small to be nearly unrecognizable. I've looked at every setting available and there is not font or size adjustment. The...
  9. Resume download font continue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Resume download font continue: When resume a download pending, don't continue. My internet Is good. I am first Time whit the console . Could You please anybody help me? 7051331b-cb84-44dc-b23f-8fdb7a2c0b26
  10. Font Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Font Xbox One: I would like to know if microsoft sells the source of xbox one, I bought xbox online and the font is giving problem, the console is turning itself off and sometimes does not turn on. Can you...