For deleting games from Xbox Game Pass (BETA)

Discus and support For deleting games from Xbox Game Pass (BETA) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 had a problem with deleting games from the Xbox Game Pass (BETA) App on PC. Games kept making errors mid... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/reese482, Nov 17, 2019.

1. /u/reese482
    /u/reese482 Guest

I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 had a problem with deleting games from the Xbox Game Pass (BETA) App on PC. Games kept making errors mid installation. I tried editing permissions which worked once but then had to do the same and it took me even longer for but nothing worked. I tried doing the traditional uninstall method from the Control Panel but nothing worked. After this I searched the app on the search bar. And didn't know that there was and app settings button. After clicking this there were a few options like 'terminate app','repair app' and 'reset app'. I clicked on reset app and it deleted the games off of my HDD.

TLDR; To get rid of Xbox Game Pass PC Games from HDD

1.SEARCH APP IN APP BAR

1. CLICK 'APP SETTINGS'

3.SCROLL DOWN AND CLICK RESET

It will uninstall and reset the app to it's default settings. The Game Files will be fully deleted off of your HD. Hopefully this helps a lot of people out. I just found this out on my own and it worked.

submitted by /u/reese482
    [link] [comments]

/u/reese482, Nov 17, 2019
  2. xDevilxGirlx421 Win User

Xbox installer on windows 10 freeze at launch.

Hi

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help.

It seems like the app was possibly not uninstalled or deleted properly from your PC and now it freezes when trying to re-install. Do you see the app still in your Task manager? Click where it says more details and go through each tab
    and locate the Xbox game pass beta app. Right click and then select Open file location, which should open the folder with any files you would still need to delete.

Open run window (Windowskey + R) - Type in: "%appdata%" - Delete the Xbox app (beta) for the PC Game Pass folder in the roaming folder (You should be in it already). Go back one folder, then you should end up in Appdata - Go to
    "Local" - Delete the beta Xbox app folder in there too. You can also get to the local folder by typing %localappdata% in the run window. Once you delete the folders for the app that is having issues, try re-installing again from this website https://www.xbox.com/xbox-game-pass/pc-games.
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox (Beta) Installer Frozen at installer

Hi cygrips,

It seems like the app was possibly not uninstalled or deleted properly from your PC and now it freezes when trying to re-install. Do you see the app still in your Task manager? Click where it says more details and go through each tab and locate the Xbox
    game pass beta app. Right click and then select Open file location, which should open the folder with any files you would still need to delete.

Open run window (Windowskey + R) - Type in: "%appdata%" - Delete the Xbox app (beta) for the PC Game Pass folder in the roaming folder (You should be in it already). Go back one folder, then you should end up in Appdata - Go to "Local" - Delete the
    beta Xbox app folder in there too. You can also get to the local folder by typing %localappdata% in the run window. Once you delete the folders for the app that is having issues, try re-installing again from this website https://www.xbox.com/xbox-game-pass/pc-games.
  4. 16276623-335b-4afe-b Win User

Games Not Launching on Xbox (Beta) app for PC

Hey,

I am downloading the games from the new Xbox (Beta) app on PC that you are able to access with the Xbox Ultimate game pass. I am downloading the games from this app from the range of games available from the Xbox Game pass.
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

PC Xbox Game Pass sign in loop.

If you own the xbox game pass download Xbox (beta) app from Microsoft Store and launch games with it
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox app for pc wont install (I have 1903)

Hi JOSHDL17,

It's possible the original files for the app were not properly deleted. Open run window (Windowskey + R) - Type in: "%appdata%" - Delete the Xbox app (beta) for the PC Game Pass folder in the roaming folder (You should be in it already). Go
    back one folder, then you should end up in Appdata - Go to "Local" - Delete the beta Xbox app folder in there too. You can also get to the local folder by typing %localappdata% in the run window. Once you delete the folders for the app the is having issues,
    try re-installing again from this website https://www.xbox.com/xbox-game-pass/pc-games.
Thema:

1. For deleting games from Xbox Game Pass (BETA) - Similar Threads - deleting games Game

2. Built a new PC - Gamepass won't recognize my old HDD and wants to delete all the games

in XBoX on Windows
    Built a new PC - Gamepass won't recognize my old HDD and wants to delete all the games: I just built a new PC and migrated over my old HDD's with my game data. When I try to set the Gamepass app to read the HDD, I get the error message "This drive has apps from another device. To use...
  3. How do I get deleted games back

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get deleted games back: I recently bought an xbox one x with the entire gears of war series. i started downloading them all And then saw that gears 4 was 115 gb so i canceled the download. I checked my ready to download...
  4. Xbox constantly tells me to delete my saved games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox constantly tells me to delete my saved games: My xbox constantly tells me to delete my saved games, when I do and it restarts my xbox it then gives me an error loop to the restart or fix screen and I have to do a hard reset to get back to the...
  5. CANCELING UPDATE OF A GAME DELETES THE ENTIRE GAME [mod removed]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    CANCELING UPDATE OF A GAME DELETES THE ENTIRE GAME [mod removed]: CANCELING UPDATE OF A GAME DELETES THE ENTIRE GAME [mod removed] UPDATES SHOULD NOT OVERWRITE THE ENTIRE GAME NOW I HAVE TO REINSTALL 80 GB AGAIN NO WARNINGS THAT UPDATE WILL DELETE ENTIRE GAME...
  6. My Xbox one deleted my entire Modern Warfare game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one deleted my entire Modern Warfare game...: Went to play last night, and there was an update file for COD, 2.5gig. it was frozen so I paused it, and above the file I pressed clear all, with the intention of removing the frozen download and...
  7. Xbox constantly deleting downloaded games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox constantly deleting downloaded games: I'm having a repeat issue where my xbox one randomly uninstalled games. At first it was one or two, but this last week I've lost 13 games. This is becoming an issue as my slow internet makes...
  8. Deleting Xbox Games Pass Games. "You don't currently have permission to access this folder"

in XBoX on Windows
    Deleting Xbox Games Pass Games. "You don't currently have permission to access this folder": I understand that I can't access Xbox Games Pass (BETA) game file folders because I don't own the license to these games, however, I can't seem to delete games downloaded from this app from my SSD...
  9. Do my games get deleted forever if i hard reset?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do my games get deleted forever if i hard reset?: So recently ive realised that every few minutes i keep getting signed out of my account. Ive googled it and seen youtube videos on it and ive seen that people reset their xbox. I have been...
  10. I deleted my Minecraft game and now i lost all my worlds

in XBoX on Windows
    I deleted my Minecraft game and now i lost all my worlds: I recently uninstalled Minecraft then reinstalled it. Before I uninstalled it, I made sure that my worlds were saved, but I when I try to restore my worlds, I can't find them anywhere. I tried...