Force 5Ghz WiFi networks On Xbox One

Discus and support Force 5Ghz WiFi networks On Xbox One in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Is there a way I'm not seeing to only connect to 5ghz signals? My router unfortunately has no settings to separate the two into individual SSIDs and... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Biggus-Linkus, May 20, 2020.

1. Force 5Ghz WiFi networks On Xbox One

Is there a way I'm not seeing to only connect to 5ghz signals?

My router unfortunately has no settings to separate the two into individual SSIDs and uses software to choose which band devices connect too.

My other devices allow you to only use the 5Ghz band but I can't see to see ant option on the Xbox. If this isn't an option can you add something that will allow this?

submitted by /u/Biggus-Linkus
    [link] [comments]

/u/Biggus-Linkus, May 20, 2020
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

internet

Hello Alex,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are attempting to connect to the 5GHz WiFi network, but it is not appearing in your list of available networks. The 2.4GHz WiFi network is meant to optimize the speed for devices that
    are farther away from the router/gateway. The 5GHz WiFi network is meant to optimize the speed for devices that are closer to the router/gateway. We suggest moving the console closer to the router/gateway. Be sure to let us know if the 5GHz WiFi network appears
    on your available list after moving it closer.
  3. sandy the hippy Win User

WiFi connection

You may want to check if your wireless is 2.4 or 5ghz combined.

Most routers use 1 wifi network across both 2.4 and 5ghz frequency bands. This can be an issue. 2.4ghz has a further range than 5ghz, and if using 5ghz the signal may drop causing a disconnect.

It should be possible via router wifi settings to separate the 2, effectively making your router have "2" wifi networks- one running 2.4ghz and one using 5ghz. They doing that, and connecting only via the 2.4ghz and see if the issue persists
  4. Kaiwen9 Win User

Xbox One S wi-fi suddenly keeps disconnecting every ~15mins (faulty wifi card?)

Thanks for the help!

After 6 days of troubleshooting this, I think I found a solution. I found the 5Ghz network that my Xbox was connected to was very congested (there were tons of other 5Ghz networks in my area). Changing the channel didn't help.

I tried changing the channel on the 2Ghz network and connected to that instead and that seems to have fixed the issue.

Even though 5Ghz is supposed to be less congested, everyone seems to prefer that over 2Ghz. When I looked at the Wifi analyzer app, there were tons of nearby 5Ghz networks. I think it was causing dips in signal strength, causing my Xbox to disconnect from
    Wifi. On the other hand, there's not that many 2Ghz networks and some channels weren't being used.
  5. Jayhab4real Win User

How do I connect my Xbox one to 5ghz while using an Ethernet connection

Does your router have the ability to split the bands so that 2.4ghz operates on one SSID and 5ghz operates on another?

If so, you would then connect to the network SSID for 5ghz.

I presume the current ethernet connection is not convenient, hence you wanting to use wifi?
  6. LegoNinja187 Win User

This is weird ?

I'm pretty sure it tells you under the
    network settings

Just see if it's different to the ones your other devices are connected to.

I have two channels/wifi networks from my router/modem and one is a faster (5GHz and is named wifiname-5G), but shorter range, and the other is slower, but has more range (2.4GHz and is named wifiname) if that is of any use. Your devices wifi names may be
    different though.

I used wifiname as a stand in for my actual wifi name.
Thema:

Force 5Ghz WiFi networks On Xbox One

1. Force 5Ghz WiFi networks On Xbox One - Similar Threads - Force 5Ghz WiFi

2. minecraft beta stuck force-ably

in XBoX on Windows
    minecraft beta stuck force-ably: i last played minecraft beta 1-2 months ago and iv been playing normal minecraft for a while then my game was lagging and i turned my game off then back on and i was in beta and i cant get back...
  3. Forced gamer tag changed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forced gamer tag changed: Hello, i recentley notices that my gamer tag had been changed by game enforcement. I dont understand how cumminsforU2002 is an offensive name die to the fact that a cummins is an engine and not at...
  4. Jump Force Freeze-up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Jump Force Freeze-up: I'm running through the missions on Jump Force. I am into chapter 8, and the game cannot progress without freezing up and shutting off the game. It is a digital download, and I have uninstalled...
  5. Warzone forcing me to enable crossplay

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Warzone forcing me to enable crossplay: ****, i dont want cross play. I have turned it off/disabled it and the game is forcing me to turn it on or it wont let me play. Why????? 6b08f38d-5137-403c-8811-2f09583c7e56
  6. Jump force campaign forced home screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Jump force campaign forced home screen: I am so close to finishing the campaign in jump force but everytime I try to play the mission it forces me to my home screen. This is happening to my son on a different xbox and his friend on a...
  7. Minecraft Win 10 is forcing me to rebuy even tho I already own the game

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Win 10 is forcing me to rebuy even tho I already own the game: I'm having an issue with Minecraft Windows 10. I am able to play it on my old PC and Xbox One but not on my newer Windows Surface. Whenever I launch the app it won't let me sign into my account,...
  8. Jump force won't let me log in

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Jump force won't let me log in: Hi so im having an issue where i cant even get access to the game. It was working fine yesterday but today when i try to log in it wont let me past the title loading screen where it says jump...
  9. Force 5ghz connection within XGS app

in XboX Insiders
    Force 5ghz connection within XGS app: I have google wifi and there's no way to choose the 5ghz. However, I use an app called 'wifi band' that always tries to connect to 5ghz if available. Knowing that this can be done from within an...
  10. How to force Xbox One to use 5GHz instead of 2.4?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    How to force Xbox One to use 5GHz instead of 2.4?: How to force Xbox One to use 5GHz instead of 2.4? Thanks everyone and fully appreciate all the suggestions "outside" of the Xbox. Ideally I was looking for a way to configure the Xbox itself, and...