Forced Gamertag Change | Contact Microsoft Enforcement Team

Discus and support Forced Gamertag Change | Contact Microsoft Enforcement Team in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I recently had my gamertag forcibly changed (jonhandcock), a username I use based on the founding father, John Hancock. Apparently, the Microsoft... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by John_Hancock, Dec 7, 2020.

1. John_Hancock
    John_Hancock Guest

I recently had my gamertag forcibly changed (jonhandcock), a username I use based on the founding father, John Hancock. Apparently, the Microsoft Enforcement Team didn't approve of the word 'cock' in the gamertag, so they decided it change it to TannicAcorn2040.
    I tried to appeal that, and it was denied. I went to go change my gamertag to something other than TannicAcorn2040, and Microsoft wants to charge me $10. If they are going to force me to change my name, I would like to have a say in what it is. I tried contacting
    Microsoft Support, and the suggestion they gave me was to pay for the name change and then try to get it refunded. That is ridiculous. I would like to contact the Microsoft Enforcement Team to try and get this sorted out, but they intentionally have no contact
    information listed. Could someone please put me in contact.

:)

John_Hancock, Dec 7, 2020
  2. Smwutches Win User

The case review is the only way to contact them.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Forced change Gamertag

Submitting a case review is the only way to contact the enforcement team. They are the only ones who handle forced gamertag changes.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Dumb

The enforcement team are the only ones who handle forced gamertag changes and they do not use the forums. Even without a case review, the reason for the change would be listed on the enforcement site, but the case review is the only way to contact the
    enforcement team.
  5. Randy Steveson Win User

My Gamertag Is the death of me...

Nobody in the forums are going to be able to force a gamertag change. That is only done from the Xbox Live Policy Enforcement Team. Have a friend file a complaint against you for the gamertag then wait. Its up to the enforcement team if they force the change
    or not.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Microsoft Changed my Child's Gamertag

The only time Microsoft changes gamertags is if the enforcement team issued a forced gamertag change for a gamertag that violates the code of conduct. If that is the case, you would need to go to http://enforcement.xbox.com

If that is not the case, you would want to contact support and have them start an unauthorized access investigation if you believe the account has been compromised. http://support.xbox.com/contact-us
Thema:

1. Forced Gamertag Change | Contact Microsoft Enforcement Team - Similar Threads - Forced Gamertag Change

2. Force changed gamertag.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Force changed gamertag.: Question regarding force changed gamertags. Has anybody ever had their gamertag force changed by the policy/enforcement team? I've had my gamertag 8 years and the other day it was wrongfully...
  3. Forced change my gamertag with no reason ?!? Help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forced change my gamertag with no reason ?!? Help: The xbox enforcement team is a JOKE. Ive had this account name for 15 years and they banned it for no reason. My gamertag in question () Can someone explain to me how this broke any code of...
  4. Xbox Gamertag Force Change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Gamertag Force Change: So I logged in today to the new and welcoming name of ootyiches56, yes, like bootyitches56. I think I know why it was forced changed, it might be because of it being too long because my account is...
  5. My Gamertag was Force Changed After 4 Years of Ownership

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Gamertag was Force Changed After 4 Years of Ownership: I know this is a touchy subject to enter on a Forum page but I honestly just need some opinions and feedback on this if you would't mind. My Gamertag "Murda" (Just those 5 letters, no numbers or...
  6. absurd forced change gamertag i'm really confused

in XBoX on Consoles
    absurd forced change gamertag i'm really confused: my gamertag tag was microsoft change it for a system-genereted one according to the code of conduct rules is perferly fine i had it for 6 years what is going on ?...
  7. Forced Xbox Gamertag Change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forced Xbox Gamertag Change: xbox makes me mad i dont like xbox 91ab3930-ee15-4213-8cde-eab823c1142f
  8. After forced gamertag change, can I change it to one of my choosing without paying.

in XBoX Accessibility
    After forced gamertag change, can I change it to one of my choosing without paying.: I have had my gamer tag since I started XBOX live about 6 years ago. Recently I guess my tag offended someone or some new algorithm pinged it for being offensive. Being that I was forced to change...
  9. My Gamertag Forced Change

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Gamertag Forced Change: Please, somebody, anybody help. My Xbox gamertag [Removed by Moderator] has been forced changed to [Removed by Moderator] in October of 2018 - I meant zero harm having this as my gamertag ,and...
  10. Forced Gamertag Change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forced Gamertag Change: Split from this thread. Bonjours, j'ai un cas de changement de nom de gamertag par deux fois dont une ou j'ai payé et je ne comprend pas pourquoi. L'ancien était [Mod Removed - Profanity], je...