Forever Stuck in the Sign-In screen for Halo Infinite

Discus and support Forever Stuck in the Sign-In screen for Halo Infinite in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; When I tried to first log into Halo I forgot my password, then I tried to log in using a phone number. Turns out I never linked my my phone number so... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SaintRaymond, Nov 18, 2021.

1. SaintRaymond
    SaintRaymond Guest

When I tried to first log into Halo I forgot my password, then I tried to log in using a phone number. Turns out I never linked my my phone number so then it started to have me make an account. From there it wouldn't let me back out, so I messed around and put in an email defaming Microsoft. At the time I figured if I keep going forward the button to restart would appear, turns out it doesn't. And of course the email I entered is too long to even exist, so I cant even just make a new email and change it later. Whenever I get on the game it remembers where I was at, and is waiting for a verification code. And as if to taunt me, it gives me the option to fix my email for a "typo" but this only takes me to a screen where it tells me to change usernames and then gets frozen. I can click on the cancel and continue button, but they don't do anything.

I've tried opening and closing the game, restarting my PC (I should mention I downloaded the beta through steam) and using task manager to close Gaming Services which has an Xbox icon so I figured I'd give it a shot. I've also deleted and reinstalled the game and it didn't change. And on top of that I've gone through my steam user data and deleted the json file for Halo Infinite, and of course that also didn't do anything. From my understanding this is through Microsoft's side of things and Steam has nothing to do with it

Possible solutions are to:

Call Microsoft support - Currently where I live it's 3 AM, I'm pretty sure nobody is going to pick up, and apparently they're getting a bunch of phone calls.

Format My PC to completely reset the Microsoft thing - Yeah no way I'm doing that.

Buy another PC/an Xbox to play it on there - Also not happening.

I should mention that I don't have it setup to where when I log into to the admin account (my only one) for my desktop I purposefully don't have it connected to Microsoft. I'm wondering that if I were to it would just bypass the entire sign in and just use the account connected to the desktop profile. I tried doing this earlier but it seems I don't know my windows password as well.

:)

SaintRaymond, Nov 18, 2021
  2. Juan Vallejo
    Juan Vallejo New Member
    I have this issue too. I even tried reinstalling the game... Nothing.
    Is there a way to make the game forget about the current account it's trying to log into?

Juan Vallejo, Dec 2, 2021 at 6:21 AM
  3. SaintRaymond Win User

Hey Tail, appreciate the timely response (Gotta say I loved you in Mass Effect lol)

So I tried what you suggested. When I first tried to log in I reset my password and got that setup yesterday. I was already linked to Steam. Just to be safe I unlinked it and logged in again. As for the game I got on Forza Horizon 5 which I was already logged into. Logged out and signed back in. Afterwards I went to Infinite and the results were the same. I've included two images of what I see

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I checked the link to the known issues forum and I couldn't find anything with a similar problem to me. I'm not sure where to go from here.

I'm eagerly awaiting your response valued quarian!

Until next time!
  4. XBF - Tali Win User

Hello SaintRaymond,

Thank you for contacting the Xbox support forums. I'm sorry to hear about the inconvenience this may be causing you from enjoying Halo Infinite. At a glance, it's possible that linking your Steam account with a Microsoft account has not been fulfilled correctly. If you already have an existing Microsoft account, you may need to follow the account recovery process before proceeding forward. To do so, please follow the steps below before moving forward;

1) Go to Reset your password and enter your email address. Reset your password

2) Tell us where you’d like us to send a security code (email or phone number).

3) Once you receive your security code, you’ll be prompted to choose a new password and enter it twice. Passwords should be at least 8 characters long and should contain a mix of upper and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols.

Note that you must have your Microsoft account email address to reset your password. If you’ve forgotten this email address, you’ll need to recover it before you reset your password.

For more steps on how to recover your account, please visit: Reset or recover your lost Microsoft account password | Xbox Support

Once you've gained access to your account, confirm if you have linked a Microsoft account with a Steam account. There are a few ways to do this;

Link an account using Xbox Game Bar
    1) Press Windows logo key + G to open Game Bar.

2) Select Settings > Accounts.

3) Sign in to the Xbox network (most linked accounts require it), choose a social network from the list, press Link and then follow the prompts.

Link an account from a game purchased on Steam
    1) Open Steam, and then launch a game that supports Xbox account linking (for example, Gears 5).

2) Sign in to the Xbox network when prompted.

3) Select the account linking option in the game’s menu.

4) When the Steam account linking overlay appears, select Yes, continue.

A full list of Halo Infinite multiplayer beta known issues can be found: Halo Infinite Multiplayer Beta Known Issues – Halo Support (halowaypoint.com)

I hope this helps! If you are still running into the same issue, please do not hesitate to respond back to this thread.

Thank you!

-Tali
  5. GreenAssassin77 Win User

Unable to Purchase Left 4 Dead 2

Yes I have. I consistently get stuck in an infinite loading screen after I click purchase.
  6. DHG Praetorian Win User

My xbox 360 slim is taking a long time going to the dashboard.

It's not sitting on the logo screen, it takes forever to sign in and even then it doesn't sign into live.
  7. jshoaf Win User

Stuck in infinite loading screen

I have this issue too. Any solutions that don't require losing progress and re-installing?
Thema:

1. Forever Stuck in the Sign-In screen for Halo Infinite - Similar Threads - Forever Stuck Sign

2. After update issue stuck on start screen forever

in XboX Insiders
    After update issue stuck on start screen forever: Latest alpha skip ahead update major booting up problems. Takes forever it just sits on the start screen xbox logo n pulsating like then finally goes to dashboard submitted by /u/JoE_TWEAKN_MANE...
  3. Xbox Insider HUB - Constant Crashing and Stuck in Minecraft Beta FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider HUB - Constant Crashing and Stuck in Minecraft Beta FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: So any time I attempt to leave any preview feature from my PC Xbox Insider Hub Crashes......anyone know a fix? Please help!@!!!!! I am stuck in MC beta and no command prompts or anything removes...
  4. Xbox forever stuck on Black Screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox forever stuck on Black Screen: Hello, I have been trying to restart my console for two days now. I cannot successfully restart my console and bring up the Xbox Trouble Shooter menu, there has been no way for me to do so. I have...
  5. Xbox insider hub stuck on this csreen like forever.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox insider hub stuck on this csreen like forever.: [IMG] I want to opt out of Minecraft beta because it does not let me login. But Xbox insider hub Is stuck on this screen. I have tried reinstalling it. Doesn't work....
  6. Forever stuck in Beta? (Minecraft Windows10)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forever stuck in Beta? (Minecraft Windows10): Hey so I enrolled into the insider program to try the RTX Beta, an when I was done I unenrolled, and also uninstalled minecraft, then restarted my pc, an tried to install the game again, but, it...
  7. Updates stuck forever at 84%. My Xbox One finished?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Updates stuck forever at 84%. My Xbox One finished?: [img] So, my Xbox One has been updating and at 84%, it's stuck forever. I think my Xbox One is dead. There is nothing I can do now due to the update glitch. 2bd4e260-24cd-4c1a-be33-57682d2434d6
  8. Rewards points not depositing, can't migrate account, stuck forever?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Rewards points not depositing, can't migrate account, stuck forever?: Hi! So since March, my Rewards points are not depositing. I had around 25 700 yesterday and today I redeemed the rest of MyVIP gems for another 5000 points, which means I'll have over 30 000...
  9. when I go to update my xbox one, it gets stuck at spinning wheel forever

in XBoX on Consoles
    when I go to update my xbox one, it gets stuck at spinning wheel forever: I am apart of the xbox preview program, and a while ago an automatic update happened, that made the console run particularly slow. now all of a sudden it needs another system update, and when I go...
  10. Pin stuck forever on my xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pin stuck forever on my xbox 360: I had added a pin for Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z demo on my xbox 360 but I cannot remove it no matter what. In purchase I see a "-1" message. If I click on it nothing happends. If I click Pin to...