Formating Hard Drive

Discus and support Formating Hard Drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My console just froze up and I restarted it, after that it asked me to download system update but when I pressed accept it said my hd doesn't have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Serfix, May 7, 2014.

1. Serfix
    Serfix Guest

Formating Hard Drive

My console just froze up and I restarted it, after that it asked me to download system update but when I pressed accept it said my hd doesn't have enough space. Well I check my storage and it says that I need to format my hd. Well after a while I do it because
    I hate to loose all my games and saves from hd. Then I try to play titanfall, it downloads update fine and all but then suddenly it says my disc is unclean/scratched eventhough its clean as a mirror.

I restart my xbox and it again ask for system update and again it says my hd doesn't have enough space. so I try again to format it but now it "formats" it but I still get unformate info in it. ofc I know now that my hd is broken BUT it is only 2 years old
    HD damn it! I need to spend again around 50€ to get another HD because your hardware is so weak.

But well if somebody has any hints how I might save this "old" hd I am willing to hear it.

:)

Serfix, May 7, 2014
  2. Trouble with external hard drive not formating

I'm having trouble with formating my seagate external hard drive to my xbox one

Shawnthegamer11, May 7, 2014
  3. Formating your hard drive

No, formatting the hard drive deletes everything from it.

Next time you can back up your important game saves to a USB flash drive.

Also by the action he has done, he doesn't appear as a "friend" to me.

SONIC SCREAM 07, May 7, 2014
  4. XBF Ezra G Win User

Issue with game updates Xbox one s

Hi Shaun,

If the hard drive seems to be causing the issue, data on the hard drive may be corrupt. To resolve this, you can format the hard drive and attempt to save content to it again, and see if it affects updates. To format a hard drive, check out this article:

How to format a flash drive to NTFS on Windows
    . The steps are the same for a hard drive, just be sure to select your hard drive for formatting over another device.

I hope this helps.
  5. Flips flackbean Win User

Hard drive not formatting

I have just bpught a 2tb wd drive and mine wont format either and have just got the new windows 10 dashboard
  6. DJBSE72 Win User

hard drive not formatting

do you have more then one external drives connected?

There is a limitation to 3 Game HDD..

other ideas I don't have now
  7. GlobalWebSurfer Win User

Format Hard Drive

Hey there cstruck32!

Is it an OEM hard drive? Here is some info that may help...
    support.xbox.com/.../hard-drive

Let us know how it works out...

Have a Great Weekend!
  8. WPAK Win User

Hard drive not formatting

Hi there,

since you mentioned you are participating in the current preview, it is best to post this issue in the preview forums here:

forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx
Thema:

Formating Hard Drive

1. Formating Hard Drive - Similar Threads - Formating Hard Drive

2. New external HHD will not work saying it needs USB 3.0 when it is.

in XBoX on Consoles
    New external HHD will not work saying it needs USB 3.0 when it is.: I have now purchased 2 different external HHD's for my XBOX one S, both are well over 256GB and both USB 3.0. One of the HDD was a 2TB and that told me that I needed one with 256GB storage or...
  3. Formatting external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Formatting external hard drive: I installed games on an external hard drive. XBox One will not save progress to it. I get error message 0x80830003 which is storage full. If I go further it says my external hard drive is not...
  4. hard drive not formatting

in XBoX on Consoles
    hard drive not formatting: Hello, i have a kesu 1tb ext hdd that i want to use with the xboxone i plug it in, it sees the drive, and asks if i want games or music i tell it games>format warning> format confirm. it then...
  5. Xbox 360 won't set up like new device after formatting hard drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 won't set up like new device after formatting hard drive?: Normally when your format your hard drive and memory unit it allows you to set-up your xbox 360 like a new xbox 360.... but mine just said it was done and returned to the storage menu in the...
  6. Formatting Hard Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Formatting Hard Drive: I was trying to install some updates for my games on my xbox one. It said there was no space on my xbox which is true; however, I had downloads set to go directly to my hard drive with 1.3 TB...
  7. Xbox One X External Hard Drive Format

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X External Hard Drive Format: Split from this thread. How do you change the format for games to a NTFS format? c1a73eef-6231-4f7f-90b9-c45e0c508d1b
  8. External Hard Drive Not Formatting

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive Not Formatting: I just bought a 500 gb external hard drive with a USB 3.0 and connected to my Xbox one. It detects it but only as a media storage device, it doesn't ask me if I want to format, what should I do?...
  9. 2 tb hard drive i bought is not being detected by Xbox to format. followed directions to a ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    2 tb hard drive i bought is not being detected by Xbox to format. followed directions to a ...: it is not being detected when I plug it in and I don't know what to do now. tried reformatting it and deleting and reuploading a partition to it. nothing will work. help...
  10. 2 tb hard drive i bought is not being detected by Xbox to format. followed directions to a ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    2 tb hard drive i bought is not being detected by Xbox to format. followed directions to a ...: it is not being detected when I plug it in and I don't know what to do now. tried reformatting it and deleting and reuploading a partition to it. nothing will work. help...