Formatted 8gb flash drive need re-formatting after eject! PLEASE HELP!

Discus and support Formatted 8gb flash drive need re-formatting after eject! PLEASE HELP! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I stupidly bought a 3rd party transfer cable to copy my old 120gb hard drive data to new xbox slim 250gb. After realizing my mistake (it only seams to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JanWijngaard, Mar 19, 2014.

1. JanWijngaard
    JanWijngaard Guest

I stupidly bought a 3rd party transfer cable to copy my old 120gb hard drive data to new xbox slim 250gb. After realizing my mistake (it only seams to work with xbox to pc, not xbox to xbox) I grabbed a 8gb usb flash drive and plugged it into my old xbox.
    I reformatted it and it was fine.

I then copied as much data as I could fit on it and ejected the drive.

Then, I booted up the slim, plugged in the usb drive and it came up as though I need to reformat it! I just copied lots of save files so I can't lose the data on this stick! I plugged it back into the old Xbox and again, it said it need to reformat on there
    two! Worse, everything I copied on the stick was deleted from the 120gb HD so I don't even know how to get it back.

Please Help. Its been a bad, bad day.

:)

JanWijngaard, Mar 19, 2014
  2. Need serious help!

Please don't post useless and annoying replies. To answer you question ichuckles, the xbox formatted it which happens every time a flash drive is hooked up to the xbox, it is required for it to be able to read it.

UFearTheTiger, Mar 19, 2014
  3. SJK_CDW
    SJK_CDW Guest
    Xbox 360 compatible flash drives

I grabbed a generic 8Gb flash drive, formatted it to FAT32 and it works like a charm.

SJK_CDW, Mar 19, 2014
  4. JanWijngaard
    JanWijngaard Guest

Just plugged the usb into my mac and it says that there is 8gb free..gutted. Why did the Xbox delete the files from the 120gb hard drive? I only wanted to copy them. Years of save files, profiles ect. gone.

I might be able to re-download some of the arcade games but not sure about all the unlocked avatar items and gamer pics.

JanWijngaard, Mar 19, 2014
  5. JanWijngaard Win User

Just plugged the usb into my mac and it says that there is 8gb free..gutted. Why did the Xbox delete the files from the 120gb hard drive? I only wanted to copy them. Years of save files, profiles ect. gone.

I might be able to re-download some of the arcade games but not sure about all the unlocked avatar items and gamer pics.
  6. SJK_CDW Win User

Xbox 360 compatible flash drives

I grabbed a generic 8Gb flash drive, formatted it to FAT32 and it works like a charm.
  7. Tyler Ray Win User

Question on Flash Drives

When you plug in the flash drive, it is going to ask you to format it though. Once you format it to the Xbox360 format, you can not use it with a computer, but you dont have to format the whole flash drive. I have an 8gb flash drive, but I only have 1gb
    of it set up as Xbox360 memory. Sorry if this all confuses you, but once you plug in the flash drive, it will ask. Good luck and happy gaming!
  8. MB5656 Win User

WHAT THE [Mod Removed] MICROSOFT

hi there is a smaller GB space for the xbox 4GB (some of the *OS needs the space to run).

You can go to Radio shack and by an 8GB flash drive (official) or put an flash-drive in and have the xbox format the flash-drive or buy an Official HDD from target or bestbuy (were ever that has the HDD's for sale).

hope that helps:)

*means the xbox console dashboard and so on
  9. AFR-55317D62-98D0-4F Win User

USB help

Hey guys you can definitely re-format a USB flash drive to whatever format you want. Just keep in mind that the USB flash drive must be formatted in Fat32 to work with your Xbox and it will only support a maximum of 32Gb.
Thema:

1. Formatted 8gb flash drive need re-formatting after eject! PLEASE HELP! - Similar Threads - Formatted 8gb flash

2. New external HHD will not work saying it needs USB 3.0 when it is.

in XBoX on Consoles
    New external HHD will not work saying it needs USB 3.0 when it is.: I have now purchased 2 different external HHD's for my XBOX one S, both are well over 256GB and both USB 3.0. One of the HDD was a 2TB and that told me that I needed one with 256GB storage or...
  3. Post code incorrectly formatted

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Post code incorrectly formatted: Trying to get xbox live gold but it keeps saying post code incorrectly formatted my card is from UK but I'm in Saudi I've checked the post code but no joy, help please...
  4. downloaded ous1 file onto a flash drive formatted to ntfs plugged it into xbox one console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    downloaded ous1 file onto a flash drive formatted to ntfs plugged it into xbox one console...: trying to do offline update on xbox one downloaded update onto formatted flash drive but when plugged it in to xbox offline update doesnt become active???? 17c1e5c9-aefe-4f8f-b626-04edc1f27250
  5. Formatting external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Formatting external hard drive: I installed games on an external hard drive. XBox One will not save progress to it. I get error message 0x80830003 which is storage full. If I go further it says my external hard drive is not...
  6. Incorrectly formatted postal code how do I fix it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Incorrectly formatted postal code how do I fix it: I'm trying to buy borderlands the handsome collection on my Xbox one but my postal code Is incorrectly formatted what is the correct format (more details I'm using my Phillipines address I'm using...
  7. Accidentally bought the wrong format

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Accidentally bought the wrong format: Good day. I was trying to play Minecraft and decide to buy the game. After searching the game for a while, I couldn't find it. but I did find Minecraft XBOX ONE and I remember that my pc (Windows...
  8. hard drive not formatting

in XBoX on Consoles
    hard drive not formatting: Hello, i have a kesu 1tb ext hdd that i want to use with the xboxone i plug it in, it sees the drive, and asks if i want games or music i tell it games>format warning> format confirm. it then...
  9. FORZA HORİZON 4 OYUN HARDDİSKTE YÜKLÜ FORMAT SONRASI İNDİRME SORUNU [Translation - FORZA...

in XBoX on Windows
    FORZA HORİZON 4 OYUN HARDDİSKTE YÜKLÜ FORMAT SONRASI İNDİRME SORUNU [Translation - FORZA...: Merhaba Forza Horizon 4 harddiskte yüklü bir şekilde kayıtlı. Yerel Disk D: bölümünde yer alıyor. Yerel Disk C: bölümüne format attım. Oyunu kurmak istediğim yeri tekrar Yerel Disk D: olarak...
  10. 8GB Flash Drive showing no available memory after formatting to Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    8GB Flash Drive showing no available memory after formatting to Xbox 360: So, I bought an 8GB Lexar Flash Drive strictly for transferring movies from my desktop, to watch on my 360. Immediately formatted it to the 360, but when plugging it in to my desktop, It is...