Fortnite game chat not working

Discus and support Fortnite game chat not working in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was playing with my friends and we were in game chat and suddenly it stopped working i restarted my xbox and my network but still it didnt work i... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by scarface2003766, May 17, 2019.

1. Fortnite game chat not working

I was playing with my friends and we were in game chat and suddenly it stopped working i restarted my xbox and my network but still it didnt work i tried turning my voice chat off then on but still didn't work i tried to create a party and switching from
    party chat to game chat still didnt work i even reinstalled the game several times

Today my friend opened my account from his xbox and it worked

I opened his account from my xbox and it didnt work

Please help

:)

scarface2003766, May 17, 2019
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi
    scarface2003766

Here is how to perform a
    power cycle
    : Hold down the power button on the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down and then remove the power cable from the Xbox and the power outlet for about 2-3 minutes. Then re-connect and turn on the
    Xbox.

If that doesn't help then you will need to try out a
    soft factory reset

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.
    3. Select Reset console.
    Make sure to select "Keep my games & apps" and have your account login information plus your WIFI password ready if you connect wireless because you will need to re-add the account's that were on the Xbox and re-connect to your network during the reset.

Let us know the results!
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Scarface,

Try uninstall the game, power cycle the console once it is back on then reinstall the game. As the game chat is on Epic side there is not much troubleshooting to offer you.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. freerunninglou9 Win User

check to see if your controller needs a update as that's how the hedset is plugged in failing that you could try a hard reset and try again hopefully this helps
  5. CrazY1985 Win User

Check your in game settings. Audio tab and see if voice chat is on.
  6. fuckmicrosoft101 Win User

Same. My mic was working all week and I turned the console off for less than an hour; I come back with no changes and my mic works but not through fortnight. If I am in a party or connect via phone or computer the head set works. I just cant talk through
    the game anymore.
Thema:

1. Fortnite game chat not working - Similar Threads - Fortnite game chat

2. Fortnite Associer mon nouveau compte xbox a mon compte Epic Games Fortnite...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite Associer mon nouveau compte xbox a mon compte Epic Games Fortnite...: J’ai crée mon nouveau compte xbox mai quand je veux l’associer a mon compte epic ils me repondent que je peux pas l’associer parce que je l’ai deja associer a mon ancien compte donc voila je...
  3. fortnite game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    fortnite game: hello i want to use fortnite game my xbox live gold had end now i cant use fortnite game can you please advise why i cant use this game and if i needt you buy again "xbox live gold" thanks...
  4. Fortnite In-Game voice chat is not broadcasted on Twitch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite In-Game voice chat is not broadcasted on Twitch: Hey guys I play and stream Fortnite on twitch from my Xbox One S. Evrything's good except for in-game voice chat is not being broadcasted and my viewers are not able to hear what my teammates are...
  5. fortnite in game chat while streaming on twitch not working for audience

in XBoX Games and Apps
    fortnite in game chat while streaming on twitch not working for audience: hey everyone, I play Fortnite every night on my Xbox One, and trying to start a decent twitch channel so i broadcast my games. recently my viewers told me that they can´t hear what my teammates...
  6. FORTNITE GAME

in XBoX on Consoles
    FORTNITE GAME: Hello, I am (Mod Removed - PII) and i want to ask you why does the videogame FORTNITE can´t be played without xbox live gold membership?, and will you let us play without gold membership? because...
  7. Fortnite/ Epic games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite/ Epic games: How do I find out what email address and password was used to set this account up a year or two back? I cant get it to be secured with the 2FA on fortnite. someone please help me. As of right now...
  8. I want to hear Fortnite game chat through headset and tv

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to hear Fortnite game chat through headset and tv: Hi everyone, I'm a mom of a child who plays fortnite and I want to be able to hear his chat conversation through the TV while he is on his headset. He uses a turtle headset plugged into his...
  9. Issues with game chat while playing Fortnite

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with game chat while playing Fortnite: I play fortnite on my xbox one with my friends and until yesterday all was fine but yesterday I didn't seccess talking with them but they secceed to talk with each other. After that I continue to...
  10. Fortnite Game Chat Not Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fortnite Game Chat Not Working: Hey there! So I've been having problems with game chat on fortnite battle royal. I can hear players but I can't talk, I updated my controllers and updated them with the adapter and headset. My...